PDA

View Full Version : Reagan's Health Said to Have Deteriorated

Dutchy
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:59:16 AM
Former President Ronald Reagan (news - web sites)'s health has deteriorated, the White House has been told. The White House was informed that the 93-year-old former president's health had changed significantly in the past several days, a person familiar with Reagan's condition said Saturday.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_go_pr_wh/reagan_health&cid=544&ncid=716

JMK
Jun 5th, 2004, 02:53:19 PM
I'm watching the report on TV right now, apparently he has passed away in the past couple hours.

imported_Eve
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:01:28 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5144264/

Figrin D'an
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:11:34 PM
It's being talking about on every news channel right now.

Longest lived President in US history.

Dutchy
Jun 5th, 2004, 03:14:24 PM
Yup, that went fast.

Former President Ronald Reagan Dies at 93 :
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20040605/ap_on_re_us/reagan_obit

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:13:53 PM
Even if you didnt like his politics, he was always kinda cool. You would also have to say, he definantly lived one hell of a life, like some knid of kid's dream. Actor, Governor, President

You have to admire someone who used his life to the fullest extent like he did.

Jinn Fizz
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:32:39 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
Even if you didnt like his politics, he was always kinda cool. You would also have to say, he definantly lived one hell of a life, like some knid of kid's dream. Actor, Governor, President

You have to admire someone who used his life to the fullest extent like he did.

Amen to that. I never was a fan of his politics, but there was no denying his sincerity, his magnetism, and his vibrancy. One thing I will always give him great credit for is that he came by the nickname of "The Great Communicator" honestly...we really could use someone like that now, to help make us feel all warm and fuzzy :).

Having seen my fair share of people with advanced Alzheimer's, I'm actually feeling a great deal of relief for him right now, knowing that his suffering is over...may he rest in peace!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:36:06 PM
Very sad news, although it is very safe to say he is in a better place now.

Plus, how could you not like someone who calls a defense program "Star Wars" ?

JMK
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:56:18 PM
Being a much loved President, and after living a charmed life into his 80's when he was diagnosed with alzheimer's, yeah I'd say he had a great run.

darth_mcbain
Jun 5th, 2004, 07:06:29 PM
Wow - what a shame. He was never my favorite prez, but he did have an aura. I agree - he is in a better place now. RIP Ronald...

Figrin D'an
Jun 6th, 2004, 06:43:47 PM
The funeral arrangments are pretty extensive. The private family service will be Monday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, and his body with lie in repose there through Tuesday for public viewing. He'll then be flown to Washington DC on Wednesday and his body will be placed in the Capitol rotunda for public viewing that night and through Thursday. On Friday, his body will be taken by motorcade to the National Cathedral for the large funeral service. Expected to attend are President Bush, former Presidents Clinton, H. W. Bush, Carter and Ford, as well as most of the heads of state that will be attending the G8 summit in Atlanta. After the National funeral service, his body will be flown back to California for a sunset burial outside his presidential library.

I think the last time a president's body lie in state in the Capitol rotunda was when Lyndon Johnson died in 1973, so it's been a while. (Of course, the only other former president to die since that time was Richard Nixon in 1994.)

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 6th, 2004, 10:42:32 PM
I was born in his seventh year in office...it's somewhat ironic that he passed away on my birthday, seventeen years later.

RIP "The Great Communicator"
Feb. 6 1911 - June 5 2004

Telan Desaria
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:32:43 PM
The President is Dead. Long Live the President!

And I am not being sarcastic.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:10:29 PM
A great man he was!! Rest in Peace, Ron!!

AmazonBabe
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:05:21 AM
:cry He was by far my fav prez. I wish there were more like him.

I also just got a call from my mom who informed me that she and my sis are in line for the buses that will take them to the Reagan Library to view the body. I wish they'd told me, as I most likely would have gone to pay my respects. As it is, I can't watch anything on TV concerning his death without beginning to cry. I guess I'm still somewhat shocked (I think it's kinda the way I found out... playing SWG online and someone tells me he's been dead for 5 hours).

Well, I will go pay my respects once he's buried outside of the Library. After all, I'm in CA and there's no excuse for me not to go to Simi Valley (I think it's only a few hours from LA anyways).

May you be at peace, Mr. President, among God and His Angels.