PDA

View Full Version : Application Submission Thread - All Question about New Policy Post Here

Kale
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:07:55 PM
Couple questions for clarification:

1. **Reads the post again and thwaps forehead** Sorry about that.

2. Is this application necessary for GJO RPers who are bringing additional Jedi characters into the Order? If so, is it necessary to cite a thread involving the new Jedi character, or simply a thread involving one of the RPer's characters?

Figrin D'an
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:29:29 PM
Originally posted by Kale
Couple questions for clarification:

1. Is this application an IC part of the admission process? IE, the character presents the application at the door during his/her introductory post in the recruitment center? Or is the application a separate post altogether, and, if so, where should it go?

The application is submitted to this thread, and is OOC in nature, though it contains information relevant to both IC and OOC. After being accepted, a character can then do an introductory thread here in the Recruitment Center.

2. Is this application necessary for GJO RPers who are bringing additional Jedi characters into the Order? If so, is it necessary to cite a thread involving the new Jedi character, or simply a thread involving one of the RPer's characters?

Yes, an application must be submitted for each character, even if you already have another character in GJO. It helps us to set priorities for training with knights and masters. The RP reference thread can be, in this case, any thread with any of your other characters.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:42:13 PM
What if you've started such a thread either shortly before or while recruitment was down (me, Yulis Romanov, etc.)?

Figrin D'an
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:31:00 PM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
What if you've started such a thread either shortly before or while recruitment was down (me, Yulis Romanov, etc.)?

See this (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35926) thread. If your character wasn't admitted before recruitment was shut down on May 31st, you have to go through the new process.

Alex
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:34:20 PM
How do we find out if we're approved? Its probably something I missed reading through the file...will it get posted in here, or will we get pm'd, or something else?

Daerlayne
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:52:00 PM
They will PM the applicants with the results.

Ryla Relvinian
Jun 4th, 2004, 06:21:48 PM
Yes, we will contact you with your approval or your rejection. If rejected, we'll let you know exactly why and how you can go about fixing anything specifically.

Figrin D'an
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:05:03 PM
You know, I hate to say this people, but 90% of the questions I've had to field so far on this, be them here or IM, are answered in the Application Submission Thread or in the newly updated FAQ. You're supposed to read both before you fill out and submit your application.

I'm normally not one to be curt, but I'm going to just start telling people to read the directions and reference the FAQ. It's your responsibility to know the information contained therein, not ours to tell you what is there.

I'm closing this thread. If you have questions about this new application process, contact a staff member (which, by the way, is clearly stated as being the appropriate procedure).