PDA

View Full Version : Man goes crazy in a bulldozer; here's your WTF.

Turcyn Rorke
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:29:55 PM
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=f1b7b1de-0abe-421a-00b2-969a8d1d9ea3&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

GRAND COUNTY - An armed man is driving a bulldozer through the west end of Granby and crashing into buildings, witnesses say.

Scott Schaffer spoke by cell phone to 9NEWS. He said he was about a block from the bulldozer, which was being used like a battering ram. He said that the machinery appeared to have been specially rigged to work like an armored vehicle. He said police have so far been unable to stop the driver.

"He drove through a cement plant, wiped out town hall, took out the newspaper office," said Schaffer.

Schaffer said that the town hall building didn't completely collapse, but the other two buildings did. No injuries have been reported at this time.

Granby is a town north of Winter Park, near Rocky Mountain National Park. Police are evacuating residents in the area.

9NEWS has a crew on the way and will continue to update this story.

Charley
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:33:50 PM
I've always wanted to do that :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:39:41 PM
Who hasn't? Ah well.

=goes to play GTA=

Alex
Jun 4th, 2004, 04:49:46 PM
Now why didn't I think of doing that?

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:28:14 PM
Originally posted by Alex
Now why didn't I think of doing that?
Because you're incompetent and would have been stopped within the first 30 seconds?

;)

Dan the Man
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:39:14 PM
This man is living all of my dreams. We should give him a medal :cool

Kieran Devaneaux
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:18:40 PM
If I said you were all lunatics, would I be right? :D

Dan the Man
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:34:49 PM
shut up.

we're talking about a man bulldozing an entire town.

AN ENTIRE TOWN

:cool

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:47:31 PM
In an armor-plated bulldozer, no less. This man deserves some recognition.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:59:51 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
In an armor-plated bulldozer, no less. This man deserves some recognition.

You should have boldened bulldozer too.

I cant help thinking this is just way cool

Originally posted by Dan the Man
This man is living all of my dreams. We should give him a medal :cool

Hell yeah.

Dan the Man
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:00:17 PM
Exactly.

This act of destruction has been hard-wired into the childhood fantasy section of every american male's psyche for at least the past three generations.

None of us have had the guts to do it, till this guy did.

And he didn't kill anyone.

He's some kind of hero, at least.

Jared Mriad
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:02:14 PM
This guy beats the tar out of the guy who 'jacked the tank.

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:13:10 PM
This act of destruction has been hard-wired into the childhood fantasy section of every non gay male's psyche for at least the past generations that have known bulldozers

Fixed it for you

Jared Mriad
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:23:18 PM
This act of destruction has been hard-wired into the childhood fantasy section of every non gay male's psyche for at least the past generations since 1904

Fixed for historical accuratcy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:56:32 PM
I wanna do that :(

Dan the Man
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:00:45 PM
Tips for next non-violent property destruction rampage:

1. Paint the killdozer a menacing shade of black, or army drab. Bonus points for giving it profile art, like an angry face with sharp teeth and stuff. Must paint "KILLDOZER" in red paint, and maybe for Animal House bonus points "EAT ME".

2. Better radiator. More fun while rampaging, and less getting stuck.

3. Build PA speakers into the killdozer. Play "Ride of the Valkyries" on repeat, full volume.

4. Smoke lots of cigars like Hannibal from the A-Team

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:15:01 PM
The bulldozer man rocks. I wonder how on earth the authorities are going to stop him. I bet they'll just wait for him to fall asleep at the wheel or something. He's like the Juggernaut, man. You can't stop the Juggernaut.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:20:25 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
The bulldozer man rocks. I wonder how on earth the authorities are going to stop him. I bet they'll just wait for him to fall asleep at the wheel or something. He's like the Juggernaut, man. You can't stop the Juggernaut.
He's already stopped. He took out his radiator and crashed into the side of a hardware store, and now police are using explosives to find a way inside.

Dan the Man
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:25:34 PM
They tried twice with explosive charges to pop his armor plating off, and failed :cool

:thumbup Here's to you, Bulldozer Man!

EDIT: Hell, he even arranged his bulldozer armor in a sloped fashion, like a Soviet T-34 and all proper modern main battle tanks would!

That means that even if SWAT hits that with a .50 caliber BMG round, it'll bounce. That is so awesome it makes me want to flip out and kick my mom in the face.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 4th, 2004, 11:52:13 PM
Here's to hoping he hasn't suffocated yet.

If he dies before this is all over I'm going to be very disappointed.

Dan the Man
Jun 5th, 2004, 12:12:11 AM
He's got ventilation so its all cool :cool

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:18:05 AM
I got bored, and not a little jealous, too :)

Travis North
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:49:36 AM
That guy rules. He should go down in History for this.

Cool drawing s'Il.

EDIT: Anyone watch the video. They say he chose specific targets and did not drive down the main road. Of coure not. Where's the fun in that. What destruction would there be?

Darth007
Jun 5th, 2004, 08:16:05 AM
Update: He shot himself (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Central/06/05/bulldozer.rampage/index.html)

Droo
Jun 5th, 2004, 08:27:04 AM
o well, saw it coming

Dan the Man
Jun 5th, 2004, 08:37:48 AM
:cry

Carry on, Bulldozer Man. We barely knew thee!

:cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:49:26 AM
"The machine had a half-inch steel plate with a layer of concrete, and another steel plate," he said. "On the front of the machine, there were two rifles mounted where he could shoot straight ahead." A-Team, anyone?

Alpha
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:03:49 AM
Good God that was so beautiful...

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:07:58 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
A-Team, anyone?

*sings the A-Team theme tune*

Didn't they have an armoured bulldozer like that in Thunderbirds? I think it was called the Firefly...had a gun that shot through the little shovel bit of it.

Reckon we should start a Killdozer Fan Club? :D

Dan the Man
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:09:55 AM
Originally posted by Alex
Reckon we should start a Killdozer Fan Club? :D

Don't bother. He's already got a cult following on Somethingawful.com

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:22:45 AM
If you watch the view from the chopper on the little vid clip...the sky 9 one...you can see the armour plating on the cab. He's boxed in by a hell of a lot of metal. I've been wondering about it. How did he get in? There wasn't an entrance on the top, else the SWAT people would have gotten in sooner. Does it say anywhere?

Dan the Man
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:26:00 AM
Its speculated that he may have used a small crane-like wench to lower the armor housing over the bulldozer's pilot cage.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:05:17 PM
Now that's what you call a curtain call. Going out in an armoured bulldozer.

His parents must be so proud. :\

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:09:34 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Now that's what you call a curtain call. Going out in an armoured bulldozer.

His parents must be so proud. :\

They might not be, but the males certainly are proud of him! What a way to go out.

Alex
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:16:42 PM
I have an idea for a film. I was planning on having an armoured bulldozer in it anyway, that smashes through buildings and such. But, do you think it'd be bad taste doing it now? Or shall I just count on the fact that everyone will have forgotten about this if (and I stress IF) my film ever makes it on screen?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:54:27 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about it. ;)

Soraya Taveres
Jun 8th, 2004, 02:52:52 PM
EEEEEEE ! =}~~~

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:40:14 PM
Originally posted by Soraya Taveres
EEEEEEE ! =}~~~
I see how it is. You only come out of the woodwork when armored bulldozers are involved.

Droo
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:30:53 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
They might not be, but the males certainly are proud of him! What a way to go out.

To be honest, he sounds like a retard. There's breaking stuff and there's just being an idiot and he killed himself to boot.

Sanis Prent
Jun 8th, 2004, 04:34:37 PM
Originally posted by Dru
To be honest, he sounds like a retard. There's breaking stuff and there's just being an idiot and he killed himself to boot.

You seem to have missed the part where he built an armored bulldozer to do this.

ARMORED BULLDOZER.

With cameras and gun mounts and internal ventillation.

Yes it sucks that he killed himself, but he didn't kill anybody else. He had a financial beef with people and he hit them in their pocketbooks, in a most awesome manner.

I'm not condoning the thing, but if all of the crazy suicide bombers took out their grievances like this, I'd be a little more happy with the state of the world these days.

Loki Ahmrah
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:09:14 PM
I find it amusing with regards to the lengths he went to in order to put his point across but I don't know, it does boil down to senseless destruction and who's to say he hasn't permanently damaged someones business career. Had he not killed himself I'm sure I'd be seeing this in a different light but ultimately, I just think he was a psychopath who decided to kill buildings rather than people - which, as an afterthought, is a much better thing.

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:55:06 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
I find it amusing with regards to the lengths he went to in order to put his point across but I don't know, it does boil down to senseless destruction and who's to say he hasn't permanently damaged someones business career.
Considering the city council just ignored his pleas I can't really blame him for wanting to killdoze his town.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 8th, 2004, 06:21:07 PM
Well, if it took blowing his own brains out to stop him, and two whole things of dynamite won't blow up his armor, he's still unstoppable to me.

But man, he hit some bad luck with that radiator, didn't he?

Alas, Killdozer, you shall be missed.

imported_Firebird1
Jun 8th, 2004, 08:24:25 PM
Armor-Plated?

LOL!!

EDIT: I still don't believe it... Who in their right mind would put steel plates on a bullidozer and start driving it through town?

And there is a Cult for this guy at SomethingAwful.com?

imported_Grev Drasen
Jun 8th, 2004, 08:53:06 PM
Originally posted by Firebird1
EDIT: I still don't believe it... Who in their right mind would put steel plates on a bullidozer and start driving it through town?
I think you're on to something. I bet CNN and all of the local news networks fabricated the whole story for their own entertainment.

imported_Firebird1
Jun 10th, 2004, 12:03:07 AM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
I think you're on to something. I bet CNN and all of the local news networks fabricated the whole story for their own entertainment.

So it happened?o_O

Or did it?

j/k

I bet you just say that to all the people who have some disbelief in the fact that someone would go to all the trouble of getting a bulldozer, armoring it, and then go to town with it!

I ment no offense, I just thought he should of went for the Tank. (Yes that has happened before too, though that didn't end as baddly as this did.)