PDA

View Full Version : someone doesn't like Charley

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:45:12 AM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4196

ummmmm?

Shawn
Jun 4th, 2004, 08:57:59 AM
Well, they're fairly stupid, I'll give you that. Invalid e-mail, which means that the account will never be activated. Botched html tags. Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that we have their IP addy. Having a look to see who it is now.

I changed the account name to "deleted", but I'm not actually deleting the account until Ogre gets a chance to look at it. The previous name was Charley Dumba-ss with an e-mail address of "shithead@yahoo.com". It also had charley's IM name in the AIM field.

Edit: Ok, I'm not going to claim that I'm the most competent at this. But the closest match I could find seems to be Jared Mriad.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:19:30 AM
That doesn't sound in character for him.

IP addy?

TheHolo.Net
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:21:20 AM
Its Xazor with an IP of a friend it looks like, but it matched several of her accounts when I searched the first two IP octets. I banned the IP range via the first three octets.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:22:42 AM
Yes, but there are some legit users in that IP range. :/

Shawn
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:28:41 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Its Xazor with an IP of a friend it looks like, but it matched several of her accounts when I searched the first two IP octets. I banned the IP range via the first three octets. I should have figured. When I did a search for accounts with similar addresses, Jared's were all that turned up. And it appeared that they both were using the same ISP in the same area. But I couldn't, for the life of me, fathom why he would do something like that.

IP addy is 205.213.111.54 for the record.

Hope you didn't mind me changing the account name. Just didn't want that appearing on the newest member list.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:31:09 AM
I see two users who possibly weren't Xaz in that range.

# Ken Finley
# Teleran Balades

The range was 205.213.111

imported_Eve
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:18:52 PM
This is crazy. She is nuts. Someone give me her IM and I will threaten to press harrassment charges on behalf of the board. Maybe that will scare her? Or it could be bad...

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:47:36 PM
Or we could do something, ah, different.

imported_Eve
Jun 4th, 2004, 05:13:18 PM
There is another one. I am banning, deleting or something.

EDIT: I deleted the account. IP was 68.115.23.83

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 4th, 2004, 07:25:54 PM
I missed it! :(

I guess I'll go to Hell.

:p

TheHolo.Net
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:06:04 PM
She createrd another today, and was logged in as Darth Turbogeek (has no mod access) afterwards. I banned the IP, notified Marcus, and cleaned up the account.

I am not banning the bogus email addy because she keeps using it and it makes it easy to find the accounts she makes.

imported_Eve
Jun 8th, 2004, 05:53:57 PM
Someone gimme her IM please. I'll make her cry. Please.

Shawn
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:56:36 AM
Xaz's IP from an e-mail that she sent to s'Il:

ReaperFett
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:38:24 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Someone gimme her IM please. I'll make her cry. Please.

I wouldn't, it can make us look bad to other people. Also, might encourage her to do more.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:46:18 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I wouldn't, it can make us look bad to other people. Also, might encourage her to do more. So what are we supposed to do?

TheHolo.Net
Jun 9th, 2004, 10:26:53 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
Xaz's IP from an e-mail that she sent to s'Il:

24.158.6.179 Yeah, she had that IP addy yesterday too , when creating the bash account and while logged in as DT.

Shawn
Jun 9th, 2004, 10:59:06 AM
I believe that one could be the school computer she's using.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:30:51 AM
If she is using school PCs, the IP is either a NAT device addy, a proxy addy, or if the school staff is really stupid its simply a DHCP or static IP (somewhat doubtful but possible).

Since I have seen so many IP addies from the same ISP I am led to believe she is not using a school network, but is in fact getting IP addies from an ISP, though it is possible that the school gets dynamic IPs from their ISP much like a home user, again thats somewhat doubtful, but possible.

I myself am leaning toward not buying her story about no Internet access at home. She is a proven attention/drama whore and I think the no access story is just a fictuous story contrived to get some attention.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:36:57 AM
Its not a school IP, unless its a weird private school. They're all Charter Cable.

Shawn
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:43:20 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
I myself am leaning toward not buying her story about no Internet access at home. She is a proven attention/drama whore and I think the no access story is just a fictuous story contrived to get some attention. I suppose you're right. I was taking into account her posts at sw-rpg (which, as far as I can tell, she has no reason to lie to them - other than to get attention) and a few other things. Tell you what, I'll just shut up now. :)

TheHolo.Net
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:47:24 AM
Hey, all input is appreciated.

I saw her post at swrpg about no access at home too, and thus is why I said what I did.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2004, 11:54:50 AM
In a PM she sent to one of the admins at another board, she's claiming that she was recently subject to abuse at home (for sympathy, of course), and also once again blaming Charley for everything that's happened to her :rolleyes

Morgan Evanar
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:17:09 PM
I don't see any reason to believe a single word she's said about anything unless we have solid evidence to support it.

TheHolo.Net
Jun 9th, 2004, 12:18:15 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I don't see any reason to believe a single word she's said about anything unless we have solid evidence to support it.
Yep, I now belive that about 4.99 out of 5 words out of her mouth are nothing but lies.

imported_Eve
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:47:32 PM
FYI Ogre: I don't know how to ban an IP. So the account I deleted, I didn't ban that IP. I'm sure it's obvious, but I didn't see how.

Is there anything you computer geeks can do to get rid of her once and for all?

About me getting her IM - I haven't. I could, but I could post in Hell too. I know she reads it. It doesn't make a dent in her head anyway. I initially get mad and spout that I want to kill. You all know me now. When I see this happen all the time with her, I just want to break her. But then she'd prolly kill herself and I have that on my head.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2004, 12:16:05 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4242

they're at it again.

Shawn
Jul 7th, 2004, 01:25:10 PM
24.196.103.139 and deleted. I'm considering options here.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2004, 01:34:37 PM
(As if there was any doubt that it was her) 24.196.103.139 exactly matches the IP Xaz is currently on at SWURP

Shawn
Jul 7th, 2004, 01:36:42 PM
Hey, Ogre... what do you think of Brian's suggestion of reporting her to her ISP? I doubtful they'd really do much, but maybe they could harass her a little bit.

Shawn
Jul 7th, 2004, 02:00:24 PM
I sent her the following email:
Hello Barbara. This is Shawn, admin of the SW-Fans forums. I must say that I'm rather dismayed by the fact that you are contuining to register new accounts at 'Fans solely for the purpose of harassment. It's been over 2 months and you apparently still have nothing better to do with your time than to cause grief somewhere you've been asked not to return to. It's childish in the extreme, and I would have thought even you were beyond that.

You are not taking a stand. You are not making a point. In fact, no more than a hand full of people are even aware of your antics, as the many staff memmbers of SWFans are prompt at removing your offensive accounts. All you are doing is creating more work for the forum staff, of which Charley is no longer a member. And frankly, we're getting a little fed up.

If you take note, I have not contacted you regarding this or any other similar matter until this point. I had falsely hoped that you would simply get over it and move on. It's an internet community, not the entirety of your life. But since you seem to be incapable of handling this like an adult, I'm doing something now. I'm advising you to stop harassing this community. I'm not going to play this cat-and-mouse of game of watching for your new fake accounts and deleting them anymore. More drastic steps will be taken on my part, on behalf of the community.

I never bore you any ill-will before you gave me a reason to with your childish antics. I advise you once again to leave well enough alone; Just forget about Fans, continue posting at whichever forum you're fond of now and just get on with your life. This will be the only warning you'll receive from me on the subject. I'm dead serious about contacting her ISP. If harassment charges aren't enough, I'm willing to make sure that they find something worthy of contacting her and telling her to stop.

Her reply:
Funny how you think that you can actually do something to me. *lol*

TheHolo.Net
Jul 7th, 2004, 05:02:20 PM
Hmmmm.

*plots*

imported_Eve
Jul 7th, 2004, 06:22:50 PM
Just do it Shawn. They may ask if you have formally asked her to stop before. So, it's good that you did write her to officially warn her, even if at least once.

I thought I mentioned telling her we would file harrassment charges against her before? Even if to scare her.

Shawn
Jul 7th, 2004, 07:18:05 PM
Am I mistaken, or does she have Earthlink? If so, being an Earthlink customer myself might help things along, since I'm sure they don't want to lose someone who's been a subscriber for over 5 years because one of their other customers is harassing them.

ReaperFett
Jul 7th, 2004, 09:26:14 PM
Originally posted by Eve

I thought I mentioned telling her we would file harrassment charges against her before? Even if to scare her.
But then she can laugh it off and carry on, and we then have to go through with it. I like the ISP idea.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:50:20 PM
Me too. This should not still be continuing, although I don't expect any less from Xazor anymore.