PDA

View Full Version : Going down to North Carolina...

Kale
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:49:51 AM
to Ocean Isle Beach for a week with my family. We're leaving tomorrow morning (Friday) and will be back the Sunday after next.

I think the only RP I'm actively involved in right now is Behind the Veil... Sorry, Rhea, that'll have to wait a bit longer, but I'll get right back on it when I get home.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to some serious relaxation, sun, surf, my uncle's X-box, time to read things that aren't philosophical/historical essays or poorly written textbooks, chasing after my four young cousins, and all the snow crab legs I can eat. See all y'all later!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:27:42 AM
Have a great time.

And I've been wanting to say this for a while - your name is spelled backwards in your avatar. ;)

Kale
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:43:15 PM
I know. Shoulda fixed that, but I don't have the PSD anymore, or the Hebraic font. I have to say I'm impressed you noticed, though. :p

And thanks! My family could really use a vacation right now, and this'll be a lot of fun.

Sejah Haversh
Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:49:10 PM
Grr, jsut when we were really getting things moving in the book, too.

Heh, have a good time, pallie, and bring me back some snow crab legs. Or at least have an impromptu Iron Chef battle with your family.

I hope you have a great time, and enjoy the drive, too, even though I know the 'burban sucks gas like a vaccuum, and Sable and Radar can probably be interesting ride companions. Hopefully you can get some good Sionnach story ideas while you're relaxing, and don't get eaten by a shark. I would be terribly mad if you went and got eaten by a shark.

Or a badger. I'd be mad at you--and laugh--if you got eaten by a badger.

Take pictures, and I'll see you next week sometime. Abayo!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 4th, 2004, 01:18:13 AM
Badgers are fierce! :eek

And, I took Hebrew in college.

Ryan Pode
Jun 4th, 2004, 07:58:28 AM
Hebraic

Its just Hebrew.

Aurora Silvin
Jun 4th, 2004, 12:05:37 PM
I know somebody that took a pee in a badger hole. The badger was not impressed as he came out wet and looking for a new place to dig a new hole.

Edit: Sorry about that I didn't notice that it censored that.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2004, 12:16:48 PM
^pls fix the post thank you.

Rhea Kaylen
Jun 5th, 2004, 12:15:53 AM
Oh, gosh, I feel horrible--I didn't even see this until now (how I managed to forget to check the OOC forum, I haven't figured yet). Oh, well, even though you won't get to see this, have a great time and lots of fun. Consider Veil on official hiatus, but you'd better have some Sionnach to show for it!

JK. Get lots of rest, and take lots of pics!

spada
Jun 5th, 2004, 08:08:04 AM
"In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina.
Can't you feel the sun shine?
Can't you just feel the moon shinin'?"

If you don't know what song that is you should be shot.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 11th, 2004, 11:02:07 PM
Where is that beach located, in NC? Just got back form NC, and yeah, spent a couple of days at different beaches down there.

Kale
Jun 13th, 2004, 03:55:31 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
Its just Hebrew.

Hebraic was the font name.

The dogs weren't with us on this ride, which is good, because they probably would've eaten my cousins. They spent the week at Tannenberg Kennels, a contingency for which they invariably give us much grief. The kennel workers say they're always very well behaved. Huh...

Didn't find any badgers or sharks. No Iron Chef, but we played a very lively game of Solarquest, which is vaguely like Monopoly but more complex, if not quite as well balanced. My brother cleaned up with the Saturnine and Martian properties.

We also built some sand castles, but none of them lasted long enough for a photo-op. I managed to avoid getting sunburned except for the tops of my feet. We watched "Miracle" at my uncle's beachhouse, saw snatches of a couple wonderfully horrible Sci-Fi original movies late at night, and tried to get through Halo in co-op mode on Legendary. I finished C.S. Lewis's The Dark Tower and read through most of Chanur's Pride by C.J. Cherryh.

Ocean Isle Beach is on the southern coast of NC where it juts east of the SC border.

All in all a great time. :D 'Tis good to be back. Now I'll see about "Veil"...