PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Shanaria Fabool
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:01:53 PM
If a person was wanting to get into Fleeting. But has never done any in the past, How would a person go about bringing a new character in to a fleet and not act like a complete dick, like what gave Fleeting a bad name in the first place.

I'm thinking of making a character that I would like to join a Fleet group, but I'm not sure if I would play the character much since I Don't have any fleet experence, and I don't want people to accuse me of being a stupid fleet RPer. So could any body help me with this?

Khendon Sevon
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:59:15 PM
what gave Fleeting a bad name in the first place.
In general, fleeters didn't have a problem with the way things were being run, the rules, etc. Those who gave us the bad name--the RPers who didn't fleet RP--truly were the reason we were given a bad rep. Of course, you have individuals who were god moding, etc. However, that happens in regular RPing as much, if not more frequently!

Anyway, I'm not really answering your question. Let me do that before I get on my high horse:

To bring a new character into fleeting all you have to do is apply. Much like the first time you RPed anywhere else, there are experienced members who will guide you through the process of learning the proper methods.

If you would like to get a head start, read some books with intense, intellectual fleet action. I'd sugguest the Halo book--amazing fleet action and combat.

Another good thing would be to become aquainted with SW Universe technology. There are many technical journals, etc that explain the workings of the ships and whatnot. I'm sure you can find explanations online, as well.

Any specific questions?

Neyasha
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:23:09 PM
I'm already reasonably good with the understanding SW Technology. I'm also a Game Master for a SW RPG (The type with paper and dice) That me and some friends do when we see each other. I've had to research a number of technology stuff for that, and thanks to many hours of playing SW Rebelion I have a basic understanding of tatics.

My bigest problem would be discribing the Tatics. I know them in my head. But I'm not sure if I can express them to others.

Edit: One other thing. What is the diffrence between all the imperal factions? Like how do they differ in political relations with others, how do they treat the people that live on their planets, and what kind of military strength do they have?

Khendon Sevon
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:58:41 PM
Describing the tactics comes down to mentally breaking down the processes involved and posting them in easily understood ways. The main point to remember when in combat with another person is to limit the amount of actions you do so that your opponent doesn’t have to respond to a thousand actions. The more you do, the harder it is for both sides to RP. On the flip side, you shouldn’t limit yourself too far, you want to still maintain a reasonable level.

Now, as to the descriptions of the groups: I’ll allow Telan or a Sovereignty representative to describe what they’re all about.

While you wait for one of them to post here you can read up on the Imperial Federacy:

Prior to the splitting of the Galactic Empire there were three Vice-Diktats. Once the fracturing occurred, two of these men joined forces to form the Imperial Federacy. Backed by the large technology corporation United Imperial Technologies and the smaller engineering firm Maverick Labs, the Federacy produces some of the galaxy’s most outstanding devices and ships.

Oriented around a powerful central government and strong isolationist ideals, the Federacy controls its territories with an iron grip. Although recent months have seen an opening up of Federal boarders, current events point towards the rapid closure of said avenues.

With war looming on the horizon, Khendon’s family kidnapped, and the populace calling for Sovereignty blood, the Federacy has kicked its rearmament program into high gear. Although they have been producing a new, technologically advanced fleet for years, the threat of war has allowed substantial funds to be assigned to the deployment of newer model capital ships.

Militarily the Federacy may not have the most ships; however, what they do have are vastly superior in quality of production and abstractness of technology. Recent trade agreements with the Chiss Empire have established new fighter technology, additional markets, and a vast supply of the new TIE Diablo joint Federacy/Chiss fighter.

Openly the Federacy institutes laws against the immigration of aliens and illegal seizure of territories by the Sovereignty. Behind the curtain, there is a dearth of crime, military participation is at an all time high, and the populace is content with the actions taken by the government in their name.

Teleran Balades
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:09:19 PM
Sorry about butting in, I just had a question about federacy controled planets. Are Omerose and Delteon the only planets? I don't know if the planet roster is up-to-date.

I'll let the head-honcho take care providing info about the Sov.

Aurora Silvin
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:12:46 PM
Well I have desided to make the Fleet RP character. And here she is. Now I Just need to deside where to have her join. I'll wait for the info on the Sov. before I deside. :)

Khendon Sevon
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:30:41 PM
Well, if one were to look on the Federacy's board they would notice that there is a list of current resources.

The Federacy consists of the following worlds:
Delteon, Omerose, Wor Tandel, and various planets from a recently aquired sector (as per the Salliche thread~names pending).

That puts us at around 8+ worlds. We pride ourselves on quality, not quantity.

Aurora Silvin
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:36:15 PM
Another question... In the Recrutment threads, are the people going into training as a cadet, or do you say that they are just comming out of training.

FYI: If The Sov doesn't give info about themselves in about 2-3 days I'll be going to the Federacy. :D I just want to get this character started.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:41:44 PM
Lexa Doig is already being used, darlin'

Kyle Raiden
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:56:13 PM
I don't know about Sovereignty training, but in the Federacy, you do a training thread, and your rank is then determined from how you perform in that.

Depending on what you want to do...the Federacy might be better anyway. Because there's less of us, the chances of you ending up getting to do stuff is pretty high. I don't know about the Sovereignty, or how that works, but percentage-wise, you're certainly more powerful over at the Feds.

And besides...I'm lonely. I need more people to secretarise....

Jarek T'chort
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:10:36 PM
The Sovereignty is the largest IC and OOC Imperial faction, it was cut from the remains of the GE by Grand Admiral Desaria and is now run by the High Chancellor Tiberius Anar, though he relies on Desaria to run the military aspect of the Sov. We are currently engaged with the NR in the Bestine system, after a sound victory over the defense and relief fleets, we are now drawn into costly ground combat. Though not as technically advanced as the Federacy, the Sovereignty has large manpower and material resources at it's disposal.

The Sovereignty maintains a large navy and army, who have seen much combat in a series of bloody and violent expansionist campagins.

This is all funded by money from our monopoly on Tibanna gas and Bacta, found on Bespin, Nklon and Thyferra, respectively.

Telan can better explain it, this is the basic stuff to know.

Aurora Silvin
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:45:12 AM
Okay I've changed from Lexa, and am now using Lisa Ryder. There are no one claming them in the character database, So I'll wait a day to see if anybody approches me about taking a person they have then I'm claming them.

Thank you very much for all the information on the diffrent faction. I'll be making my choice soon. But If I'm still having a hard time to choose one, I'll likely just flip coin :)

Telan Desaria
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:34:45 PM
The Sovereignty is as an Empire is -autocratic. At the top of the civil government is the Lord High Chancellor who rules with the aide of a cabinet. His turf is mostly civil, though foreign policy has proven to be a field of his expertise as well. The Military is controlled jointly by two Supreme Commanders - Grand Admiral Baron Telan Desaria of the Navy and Field-Marshal Archduke Jarek T'chort of the Army.

The Sovereignty has a proud tradition and many of its planets have active aristocracies. This allows for a full helping of pomp and pride, but the separation of class is only apparent between the very high and the standard Citizen. Crime is almost dead in the interior of the Empire, though it of course exists on the periphery.

The laws governing its populous are far from iron, though there is little tolerance for infraction. That said, there is a freedom of press and such, though all is overseen by the Ministry of Propoganda.

Our level of technology is only slightly above galactic norms. Our primary claim to that field is our improvement of existing designs and drastic innovation along foundationary lines.

On the whole, our society is rich and opulent, given our total monopoly on bacta. Our buildings are lavish and our homes as well. A status of poor in our territory is out of synch with other standards which is to say no one is starving or for want of a home. Many things such as a university or trade education are paid for by the state, as are health care, mass transportation etal.

Democracy as a type of governing is anethema to the Imperial way of life and as such exists no where.

The best way to describe us is a mixture of Victorian Britian and Imperial Germany.

Ryan Pode
Jun 17th, 2004, 10:55:47 AM
You could always join the Remnant. Cough.

We are a backwards people with technology. There are a few cities, but the majority of the population lives in a hut or in a castle, pending their wealth. It is a militaristic fuedalism. A King rules the land, and like ancient Sparta/Modern Day Israel everyone ends up in the service. We are the middle grounds between the Federacy and Sovereignty.

Telan Desaria
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:56:21 PM
Not Really - The Remnant was absorbed by the Empire and made a fortress sector.

Ryan Pode
Jun 17th, 2004, 03:59:34 PM
It was.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 25th, 2004, 11:00:12 AM
ehem, "The Empire" ?