PDA

View Full Version : Indefinite Leave

Peter McCoy
May 31st, 2004, 04:49:58 PM
This is one of those absence threads, explaining my absence as of late as well as my decision to keep it that way.

I haven't made a roleplay post in quite some time. I've not gone by the name of Garrett Blade since...oh...before you were born. The truth is, things have changed a great deal.

I'm out a lot more, with being in work 5 days a week on full-time hours. When I do get home its usually not for long. I'll get changed, get a shower, have some dinner then I'm off to one of my friends to hang out. Plus I'm seeing someone, whom I care a great deal about, and I spend every moment I can with her, but she also has other commitments during the evenings so if we're both free, we're together.. So thats a further 'drain' on my 'me-time'.

I recently got accepted to Liverpool John Moores University (studying imaginative writing) so I'm getting a lot of writing done offline and that takes up time.

And slowly but surely, I'm getting started with filming (no more talking about makiing a movie, but actually making one). It's gonna be slow, and its gonna be hard, but I'm determined more than ever to actually DO SOMETHING, no matter how awful it WILL be, the important thing is I get it started and see it through to the very (bitter :p) end.

Then theres my music. The year started off good, took a dip at Christmas, picked up again just before Easter with a new band, and then hit rock bottom again as that band fell through. Hopefully I'll meet like-minded musicians at university and we'll hit it off and make some great rock music.

And so in betwen all of this, after making time for just myselgf the only thing I really feel up to doing online is chatting with friends both on and off swfans. I have made the occasional OOC post.

This post really is a bit late since I've not been around properly for quite sometime now, so all I can do is apologise for that to those who deserve it. And the only consolatopn for me in that is there aren't really that many people who are involved with me IC, so I am only letting down a handful of people in that sense.

I will try to continue to lurk, and I shall speak to you guys on AIM and in OOC when I can, but sadly other things are happening right now which I need to sort out and attend and enjoy and basically get on with, so there'll be no roleplaying from me anymore. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and I'm glad to say they have all been good times. Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be back in full swing with a BA in writing, a book on the shelf, an music album under my belt and an independent film circulating around Blockbuster video (I really should wake up, shouldn't I :p). So really, I do not regret to inform you that this is the end, nor do I bid you all a very fond farewell. I'm not saying goodbye, just...

TTFN (Ta-ta for now :))

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2004, 05:52:42 PM
NOooooooooooooo.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 31st, 2004, 11:59:13 PM
:cry You are missed.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:53:55 AM
Good luck with everything :)

Looking forward to seeing your movie at the local art house ;)

Droo
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:21:39 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
:cry You are missed.

Wish I could say the same. I've got to put up with him day in day out. :grumble

AmazonBabe
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:21:43 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
NOooooooooooooo.

Quoted for emphasis!

:cry

(Now I have more of a reason to come out there and BUG THE HELL OUT OF YOU BOYS!!! ^_^; )

Charley
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:24:28 PM
There's something not being said here.

And that thing is probably pretty gay and involves broadway showtunes.

Come back, you silly bastard :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:03:30 PM
If you leave, who will be Christmas? :(

Matthias darkstone
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:43:46 PM
*Looks around in panic*

Um...don't look at ME peoples!!!

Droo
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:46:27 PM
When it comes to Peter and being Christmas, think of him as being omnipresent or something of that nature, ie. he will always be Christmas here. I think I saw a law on it in the FAQ somewhere.

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:50:47 AM
I'll talk to the mods and get it added. :(

DarthHERA
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:58:18 PM
no more crazy :(

(best o' luck with all your stuff tho) :hug

Soraya Taveres
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:43:37 PM
We never talk anymore ... ='[

-hoogs-