PDA

View Full Version : Changing residences. (Friends to Wei or Invite))

Wei Wu Wei
May 29th, 2004, 08:03:40 PM
It was long in coming, but it finally came. Wei Wu Wei was moving out of the room he and his late wife shared into a new room. All the Knight's things were packed away.

Wei still had all the clothes he brought with them, and they were once again packed into the bag he had brought with him when he had first joined the Order.

All his datapads and files from Council meetings and lesson plans were in a few boxes, and all that was left was to move his rocking chair, his desk, and the desk chair.

Living in that old room had grown to bog him down. All of Ange's things were still in the room, and they were going to be sent back to her parents within a few days' time.

Everything reminded him of her, and he needed to get away from it. It gnawed at him all the time, whether anyone knew anything was bothering him or not.

Now it was time to change all that. Bending at his knees, he hefted two boxes with the Force and made towards the Turbolift. He was headed straight to the top. That's right, he was going up to the highest floor of the whole Living Quarters.

For all the Jedi living at the Order, no one lived on the top floor. Wei figured the solitude would do him good.

"Let's move."

Navaria Tarkin
May 31st, 2004, 05:55:57 PM
Navaria followed behind Wei, carrying a large box. Due to the laborous efforts required, she wasn't wearing the brown outer robe like usual.

It wasn't that long ago that the two of them were having lunch at Yog's. Wei was kind enough to offer some advice about her relationship with Sanis. She followed through with it and now Sanis and her were perfect as two people could be with one another. It was also during lunch that Navaria promised to help Wei move out when he was ready.

"Wei," she said while they were waiting for the lift. "You do realize that we could use hoverlifts to make this not only easier, but also get your things moved in quicker to your knew room." Navaria threw a smile at him, "Not that this bothers me mind you."

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:14:13 PM
Wei nodded. "I know. But I don't have that much stuff, you see. all the boxes of stuff I own are divided up between the two of us. Then I got to get the desk chair, the rocking chair, the desk, and my duffel."

Wei paused at the turbolift and took his hands off the boxes. They floated in the air a moment as Wei called up the lift, and then he returned his grip to his stuff.

"I can't think of anything I've forgotten, but we'll do a check of my old room one more time before I go return the key to the people downstairs."

Neyasha
Jun 2nd, 2004, 11:19:33 AM
Neyasha was on her way to visit her master. When she gets to his room, she sees that the door is open and a number of Wei's belongings missing. She assumes the worst, and her hand drops to her lightsaber. She then concentrates on her hearing to see if she can hear anything.

She relaxes when she can hear Wei's voice down the hall, and hurries to catch up with him. She sees Wei talking to one of the council members, Navaria, though she has never met Navaria, she had seen pictures and news articles talking about her.

Neyasha catches up to her Master, giving a respectful bow to Wei and Navaria.

"Greeting Master, Greeting Council Member."

She notices that the two of the are holding boxes of Wei's belongings.

"May I ask what is going on Master? Are you leaving us."

Neyasha didn't know about Wei's move to a new room, and since there has been so many people leaving as of late, She again assumed the worst.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 4th, 2004, 12:37:59 PM
"No, not exactly. I'm moving into a new room upstairs," Wei chuckled. "If you would like, you can help."

He handed a box over to his Padawan. "Oh, Neyasha, this is Navaria Tarkin. As you have already said, she is a council member along with myself. But more importantly, she was my teacher when I was a Padawan. Navaria, this is one of my Padawans, Neyasha."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 5th, 2004, 11:15:01 PM
Navaria put down the box so she could greet Wei's Padawan properly and bowed, "I am honored to meet you, Neyasha. I am happy that Wei has decided to take on a Padawan of his own."

Neyasha
Jun 7th, 2004, 11:08:51 AM
Neyasha takes a box from Wei.

" Wei is a good teacher, Though I'm sure that my programing and Jedi teaching conflicts are causing him more headachs than He was expecting, Not to mention the Headachs that my daughter Valora has provided him."

Neyasha looks over to Navaria

"Though His master must have been a very skilled teacher for him to be doing this well with me. Because a teacher can only teach as well as the one that taught them."

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 8th, 2004, 06:17:43 PM
Wei made a short humming sound as though he were thinking and shrugged as he stepped into the turbolift.

"Now that may or may not be true. I am only able to teach as well as I do because I paid attention during my lessons, and used my skill every chance I got. Jedi can be poor teachers if they don't pay attention and stay out of practice."

He waited long enough for his teacher and his student to get inside with their boxes, and pressed the button for the top floor.

"You two have never caused me any headaches. I knew from the moment I took you I would have to work around that brainwashing of yours, and I have taken steps to account for it in all of our classes."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 9th, 2004, 08:29:42 PM
Navaria tilted her head to the side in thought, somewhat confused, "I never caused you headaches?" The Jedi spoke as if she didn't hear that right.

Neyasha
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:43:26 AM
Neyasha looks towards Navaria.

"I beleave he was refering to Myself and my daughter Valora not giving him headaches. Though I feal that he is understating the burden that I have been to him."

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 12th, 2004, 07:44:16 PM
"Yes, Nav. I was talking about Neyasha and Valora. Valora has never been a burden. No, she's been a great deal of sunshine to me. Neyasha, you neither have been a burden. Only a great challenge. I've grown so much since I began teaching you."

The lift stopped on the top floor, and Wei stepped out. "I'm in the middle of the hall on the left side," he said, and headed towards that room.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 14th, 2004, 09:35:23 AM
"Ah," she nodded. Navaria had forgotten that Valora was Neyasha's child. There were a lot of children at the Order now-a-days and even the Jedi Knight was having troubles keeping up.

As the trio walked down the hallway, Navaria noticed that every panel for each room was locked down, meaning that no one resided in them. "Wei? Are you sure you want to be up here? There is no one on this level."

Neyasha
Jun 17th, 2004, 11:15:21 AM
Neyasha Keeps herself silent as she follows behind Wei and Navaria, Allowing the knights to speek with out interuption.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 18th, 2004, 08:21:26 PM
"Yes, Nav. I'm very sure. My mind is so distracted that I need some time alone. Remember, what we were talking about at Yog's? I'm far too busy to take time out away from the Order, so I figured this would be the next best thing. During the days I'll be swamped with lessons, business meetings, and the like. But on my off time, I'll have time to breathe, and work on a little improvement with the Force."

The Knight shifted the box to one arm and opened his pocket. A set of keys leapt out and into his hand. He turned the knob and pushed on the door with his shoulder.

Put the boxes down somewhere. I'll figure out what to do with that stuff later. Now we need to get my desk chair, my rocking chair, the desk, and my bag of clothes and things. The desk is too big and awkward for only one of us to carry, so we'll need two people to do that. We can save it for last."

Neyasha
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:18:26 PM
After hearing what still needed to be brought up Neyasha heads back down to Wei's old room, and assess the objects remaining. She looks at the desk, recalling that thinks it will require two people to move. After a moment of looking at the Desk Neyasha determins that she could move it on her own.

She stands the desk On its end, and places her back agienst the desk top, gripping the desk behind her with her hands. She then hoists the Desk on to her back ans goes to start walking out of the room and down the hall with it.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:33:22 PM
Neyasha leaving was good. It gave a little time for Wei and Navaria to talk privately. "Being alone isn't good either, though the reasons you gave are valid, Wei. I understand, but are you sure you are going to be all right up here?" She pressed the question again, wanting to be sure that this really was the correct decision for her former student.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 25th, 2004, 09:02:11 PM
Wei paused a moment, taking the time to wipe a smear that had formed on his glasses.

"Yes, I think so. If I get lonely I'll just go downstairs and find you, or Dasquian, or someone to talk to. It's not that hard to meet and make friends here, unless you really try not to have any friends at all."

The man replaced the spectacles on his face and made his way to the door. "Thanks for your concern though. I'll be sure to contact you if I need some help. Let's go see about that furniture now."

Neyasha
Jun 28th, 2004, 10:08:20 AM
Neyasha doesn't even attempt to take the lift up to the top floor, instead she just takes the desk up the stairs. As Wei and Navaria are making it to the lift, in order to go back down, Neyasha is just comming out of the stair case with the desk on her back.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 30th, 2004, 03:47:58 PM
"Um .... looks like the desk is here." She replied in surprise. "Neyasha, you could have waited for us to help you!"

Navaria quickly moved to where the Padawan was and began to help her. "Force or no Force, this is not good for your back!"

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:44:27 PM
Wei hooked a thumb in his pocket and shook his head. "Well, congratulations, Padawan. You found a way to move it on your own."

The Knight made a mental note to find a time to talk to his Padawan about patience, and following instructions. He appreciated her taking charge of the situation, though.

"I'll allow you two ladies to take care of things here. I'll go get my rocking chair."

Wei slipped past Neyasha and Navaria and into the turbolift.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:11:13 PM
Navaria smiled at Neyasha, "There is still something I must discuss with Wei first. I shall be back."

Quickly the Knight made it to the lift in time before the doors closed and the two of them descended back to where Wei's old room was. "Now seriously. Are you all right? I sense that your thoughts are troubled. I'd hope that you'd talk to me without pushing, but with everything that has happened recently with you, Wei, I am asking directly. I only ask out of concern."

Wei Wu Wei
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:55:55 PM
Wei ran a hand through his hair. "I guess I need to get away from the memory of Ange. She was my wife, and I love her still. But her memories are too painful for me. Always showing up drunk, lack of discipline, and little self-respect. I've had to detain her on more than one occasion to keep her from getting into serious trouble."

Wei leaned back and hit the wall with a decent impact. It knocked some of the wind out of him, but he caught his breath within the next second.

"I don't know if I did something, or what. But she never used to be like that. Maybe Jedi just shouldn't get married. I didn't think I was going to be affected by her death for so long, but it's still wearing on me. I just need a fresh start."

The turbolift stopped. The doors opened and Wei stepped out of it with his head hung almost lower than his shoulders. He felt ashamed of himself for his weakness, but he felt even worse for not just coming out and saying it earlier. The Knight nudged the door to his old room open and got his rocking chair.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:03:01 PM
"I do not know the situation entirely, but to me, it sounds like you did all you could." She followed behind him, making sure to choose her words carefully. Wei was fragile and tired. It was hard for him to speak up about what was truly bothering him, and Navaria could feel his regret from not saying it sooner. "A fresh start is good. You will just need time to come to terms with what has happened. We all need time when people close to us leave ... or find themselves gone forever."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:02:47 PM
Wei held the chair by its arms and rested the seat of it on his head. "Yeah, I see what you mean."

Wei ducked low to avoid breaking the rockers on the top of the doorway and headed back to the turbolift. "I still need my duffel. If you could get that, I would certainly appreciate it."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:05:06 PM
She smiled, "Of course."

Navaria leaned down and hefted the bag over her shoulder and followed her former student out the door, making sure to close it.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:22:36 PM
One last time up the turbolift and down the hall, and all of Wei's things were inside.

"Very good. I'll be able to unpack these things myself. Thank you so much for helping me."

Wei gave both Neyasha and Navaria a quick hug. "I need to go get some groceries too, but I can do that later on."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2004, 05:12:34 PM
"It was an honor to help you, Wei." She returned the hug tightly. "If you ever need me, for anything, you better not hesitate to call upon me again."

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 29th, 2004, 11:38:21 AM
Wei felt better for the hug, and chuckled lightly.

"If I need you, I'll come running. You ladies have a good day."

Neyasha
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:47:26 AM
Neyasha had just finish streaching her back after carrying the Desk and was not sure what to do when Wei Hugged her, so she just stood there. Neyasha then bows to her master.

"I hope you find youself happier up here. Will I still be able to come and visit you?"

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:33:28 PM
Wei smiled. "Of course you can come visit me. You know I would never turn away a Padawan. You all are like sons and daughters to me. Now you go on and take care of your things. I'll be able to manage just fine from here on."

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 31st, 2004, 05:43:26 PM
Navaria bowed, smiling. She was truly content that Wei would be all right up here, "May the Force be with you, Wei. And to you as well Neyasha."

She walked to the lift. It opened immediately and Navaria disappeared behind the twin doors.

Neyasha
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:29:08 PM
Neyasha Bows to Navaria just before she leaves, then turns to Wei and Bows to him again.

"I will see you later Master. If you ever wish to visit me and Valora down on our floor you will be welcome to."

Neyasha then turns leaving Wei alone, and walks down the stair towards her room.

Wei Wu Wei
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:03:01 PM
Wei smiled a weary, but positive smile. "You bet I will."

Then he turned to his room. "And now to take care of this."

With that, the Knight rolled up his sleeves and set to work on his new room.