PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the text in photoshop?

Crystal
May 29th, 2004, 02:29:04 PM
I was working on someone's sig, and I came across some weird thing with text.. I've ran into this problem before but I usually just restart Photoshop and it's gone. Now it won't go away no matter what I do. I've got CS.. and never had this problem on psp7 :|

When I try to make a font - any font. It's not just one - a normal size, say anywhere from 12 to 30, I can't see it at all. It's not the color, I make sure that's changed to something diffrent than the background. However, if I set the font size to the max photoshop allows, which is around 1200 or so, it should be HUGE.. but instead it looks about the size of this font right here.. at least I can see it, but it's not really the right size to make sigs with.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 29th, 2004, 04:46:06 PM
That's a new one by me. Try uninstall and reinstalling it?

Morgan Evanar
May 29th, 2004, 04:55:36 PM
I've had that happen before. I just make the font huge and cope. I forgot what causes it, but I'm sure a google search would turn up something useful.

Turcyn Rorke
May 31st, 2004, 12:58:40 AM
It's your resolution.

Make sure it's set to 72 when you create a new image.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 31st, 2004, 01:02:26 AM
I have also had that happen to me, and I do the same as Morgan, cursing Photoshop the whole time because it's a huge pain.

*double takes* OMG I'm crazy, Turcyn stop CHANGING YOUR AVATAR *mind...boggles*

:lol

Crystal
May 31st, 2004, 01:28:29 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one that's had this happen. I thought possibly I'd messed something up by installing a font or something.

Originally posted by Turcyn Rorke
It's your resolution.

Make sure it's set to 72 when you create a new image.

IT WORKS! IT WORKS!

THANK YOU!

I don't recall messing with it, but it was set to 10 or something.

Turcyn Rorke
May 31st, 2004, 12:03:33 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*double takes* OMG I'm crazy, Turcyn stop CHANGING YOUR AVATAR *mind...boggles*
Every time I get an avatar it turns out someone else is already using the person.

I'll stick w/ it this time ;)