PDA

View Full Version : Monet De Angelo's White Head (Cozen)

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 04:20:04 AM
.Continued from here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35809)

Turning on his heal, Carl raised a hand and the boy was once again dropped to the cold hard surface of the factory floor. By this time the bloody mess consistantly attached to the tiled ground was most likely seeping into Cozens pants, not a nice thought, having Bantha blood on your vitals.

' Your Cozen?' Carl asked simply, his hand moving away from the hilt of his Katana. ' Interesting, i expected someone a little...taller' He laughed quickly.

' Well get up, boy' He said taking a cigerette packet from his top pocket and a lighter and offering Cozen one.

Cozen Dagett
May 29th, 2004, 04:33:00 AM
Growing up on Coruscant you develop a resistance to filth, or at least a tolerance to it. Although I didn’t like to get my hands dirty, I’d seen my fair share of blood. It seemed like someone was always getting mugged or killed in downtown Coco, so it was hard to avoid. Nonetheless, I wasn’t exactly happy at being half drenched in waste. I wasn’t sure what I thought about being left alone with Simons. Unpredictable was his middle name.
I looked up as Carl offered me a stim and shook my head. A chesty cough just wasn’t good for business. I got to my feet as instructed, vainly attempting to wipe away some of the grime from my hands.

“Lemmens certainly knows how to treat his guests.”

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 04:43:36 AM
Carl took a cig from the packet and placed it in his mouth, leaving it unlit for the moment. Simons was hardly the man to mince words with anyone, if he liked you, he liked you, but that was rare. If he disliked you, well the point was to get out of his way.

This kid he seemed to have a small respect for. Cozen seemed to be in his early twenties if that with to much experience in being a street rat, to many A stars in picking credits out of a mans back pocket and to be frank that just was not The Meat Kings valued style. But Carl seemed to give the kid a chance, a fresh break in the big time.

The big time?

Monet De Angelo's white head was much further than the big time, it was one of the most prized artifacts in the Coruscant Artifacts Museum and Cozen being a simple theif on the streets Carl was having a little doubt.

Putting one foot up onto a machine and leaning on his knee, relaxed it seemd that Carl, in his weired, rare way, had taken to Cozen almost immeiditly.

' Tell me...' He took a drag before continueing 'What are you like at getting in museums? ever done something like that, kid?'

Cozen Dagett
May 29th, 2004, 04:50:35 AM
“Can’t say I have.”

There was no point in lying. I’d never broken into a museum. I’d never had cause to. What was I supposed to do with a bunch of dusty dren? Pawn shops didn’t take rarities, there was too much of a chance of the theft being traced to them. I wasn’t the most resourceful of young men, and with limited contacts it would be hard for me to find a buyer for any priceless trinket. At least before word got out and my apartment was crawling with frelniks trying to lift the bauble for themselves.

“Not out of choice, of course. I’ve never had the funding to get the tools needed for a big job. Pick pocketing, on the other hand, requires only two tools, which I’ve managed to avoid loosing so far.”

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 04:56:35 AM
' And lets hope you continue to, aswell'

An open threat, it was simply Carls most favoered way to punish somone who had failed in their job or who had pissed Carl of to the point of no return.

' And if you were given such tools, whats the likelyhood of you being...succsessful?'

Cozen Dagett
May 29th, 2004, 05:00:37 AM
I had won some favor with Simons. Now I suspected I would loose it. Having some gall in the face of a threat was bound to count for something. I had been waiting a long time for a big break like this, and I wasn’t about to waste the chance to milk it for every credit chit it was worth.

“That all depends on the job in question- and, of course, the pay.”

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 05:06:12 AM
' Oh, your fee!' he said acting as if he was totally suprised by the whole topic. He then proceeded into his pocket and pulled out a handfull of credits and with out hand holding it in his palm he counted through the chits almost sarcasticly. ' I've got like fifty credits on me, sound good enough?

He looked up smiling.

Cozen Dagett
May 29th, 2004, 05:13:53 AM
Fifty credits. Simons might not have known it, but to me that was an average sum. People didn’t tend to carry a lot of credits with them when walking Coruscants streets, so it was difficult to lift a lot from a single person and targeting many people in a day was often difficult, thanks to competition. From his tone, I guessed he was joking, but made nothing of it. I didn’t know what the average pay was for whatever he had planned, so I was in no position to bargain.

“Why am I going to be breaking into a museum?”

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 05:19:26 AM
' Ever hear of the 'white head' sculptured by the famous Monet De Angelo? it was all over the holo-news last week, its here on Coruscant on a five day exibition before it goes to Naboo and out of my-...our hands'

He let that sink in alone.

Cozen Dagett
May 29th, 2004, 05:34:43 AM
I’d never heard of the piece, but then I wasn’t much of an art fan. The only news I paid attention to was the latest convictions by the Watch, just incase any old friends appeared in the line-up. Of course, it would be held in an up market area of the city, meaning that the chances of my coming across it were even slimmer.

“Five days? When did it arrive on Coruscant?”

Carl Simons
May 29th, 2004, 09:04:59 PM
' Two nights ago,and the only way of stealing would be on the night of its main exhibition when the security is heavy and the 5 feet thick durasteel door is open to let visitors in, you will have to litrally steal it from under their nose...'

He turned to view the boy, his cig now finaly lit.

' It will be no easy task, the statue is priceless...'

Cozen Dagett
May 30th, 2004, 06:06:50 AM
No easy task- I didn’t need telling that. Of course it wouldn’t be. Nothing ever was, but therein was the challenge and what gave this occupation of a feeling of fun to it. Simons had said there was a door, but that it would be open. It seemed a little pointless, in that respect. Still, that didn’t mean I could just walk out with the statue, unhindered.

“What else is being exhibited?” I asked, curious to see if there would be other trinkets I could pick up for myself, on the off chance that I could pawn them.

Carl Simons
May 30th, 2004, 06:43:21 AM
' Do i look the type that could give two batha craps about what else is there? do your job son, alright? Carl said raising a brow ' For the sculpture i shall pay you 5 grand for your services, deal? your fee will go up as you gain prestiege with me'

Cozen Dagett
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:40:05 PM
I could not argue with that. Five thousand credits was more than enough for me. I was no master thief, so demanding any more would have just been ludicrous. Of course, that didn’t meant that I couldn’t make up more cash out of extra loot – after all, Simons had said he didn’t care about the rest of the exhibit. Maybe, if it was profitable, I could even use the extra items to stitch up some old acquaintances as the culprits for the entire heist.

“I’ll do it.”

Carl Simons
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:49:55 AM
' Good boy...' Taking his foot of the machine Carl strode out from the room.

Continued here (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35989)