PDA

View Full Version : New character

Keito
May 29th, 2004, 01:50:02 AM
Greetings, everyone. I'm a new player, and the FAQ said to post here first with a character announcement, so here goes.

Keito as a character isn't terribly fleshed out yet (I'm leaving her purposefully undefined so it's easier to change things later), but she's a young human girl with a boyish frame (though she's in her early teens, puberty seems to have largely passed her by). She insists on having her hair cropped short, to the dismay of her mother. Keito is the middle child of a fairly large lower-middle-class brood. Since she hasn't caused any serious trouble (unlike some of her brothers), her mother generally lets her be; they're not terribly close, but home is a place where she gets food and the occasional dose of spending money, so Keito hasn't wandered too far yet. Unknown to her mother, Keito usually dresses as a boy (since she can pass as one) when she's wandering the more dangerous parts of Coruscant; it's slightly safer, draws less attention, and fewer questions get asked. When going as a boy, she gives her name as "Thelen," and is usually convincing enough not to raise too much suspicion. Keito/Thelen spends most of her wandering time sitting quietly and watching others, learning from their actions, usually from a concealed vantage point (and she likes heights).

I've got no concrete plans for Keito, no preferences for alliance or whatnot - I'd just like to toss this up and see where it goes. I'm not sure what to do at this point, or whether I should start a new thread in the Roleplaying forum, but if anyone wants to start something, my AIM name is KeitoThelen - please message me. Thanks!

Cyrel Annat
May 29th, 2004, 10:50:15 AM
Being fairly new to the boards myself, at least as far as actual participation is concerned, I'd be willing to help you out a bit if you need it. Feel free to send me a PM on here and we can take it from there.

Dasquian Belargic
May 29th, 2004, 10:52:59 AM
If you'd like some ideas for what to do with your character, try checking out the Group Announcements (http://sw-fans.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=246) forum. The stickied threads there, with 'Must Read' in front of them, will give you a brief account of some of the groups here on SWFans. Although it's not necessary to join a group, you can get a lot out of doing so (that isn't to say that you should join one immeadiately, of course).

If you want to start something in the RP forum, go ahead. Someone is bound to jump in, and that could give you ideas for where to take the character, based on what happens there.

Anyhoo, welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay :D

Keito
May 29th, 2004, 12:57:18 PM
Thanks, Dasquian and Cyrel. I'll start a thread in the RP forum and see what happens.

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 03:02:30 PM
I'd be happy to help out if you want! Hope you enjoy your stay, and WELCOME!!:lol

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 08:53:05 PM
EDIT

Rhea Kaylen
May 29th, 2004, 08:55:49 PM
Hey, there! Welcome to the madness--you're in for some fun stuff, here. I've already popped into "New Kid on the Block," but if there's anything about that you need to talk to me about, feel free to PM me. I hope you have lots of fun here, and good luck!

Rhea (aka ISJ, if you ever see that name around ;) )

Rognan Dar
May 30th, 2004, 10:45:27 PM
Well, so it happens again. Many a oung soul find their way here. And once again we all go and great the newbie and give some good information and a lot of people to fear. How is it that people keep coming to this place? Is there really such a thing as the Force that is drawing all the fresh young minds to this place so that it can be crammed full with all the stuff that goes on around here?

Ok, thats my rambling for the week.

Welcome to the board! Btw. Make sure to keep all your limbs inside the ride at all times. Oh, and...dont follow the lights.

Jame Kaman Dar
May 30th, 2004, 11:10:51 PM
Rog, rog... You really need a cat-scan.

*picks up 30-pound cat and holds it over him, and shakes it*

Cray-z...definetly...

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2004, 12:08:10 AM
Please stay on topic.