PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Serious moding, or serious about moding?

AmazonBabe
May 27th, 2004, 01:48:17 PM
ANSWER: Yes.

http://members.home.nl/gis/

Alex
May 27th, 2004, 02:13:06 PM
Thats just...weird. Yet cool. That guy was way too much free time.

*makes notes on how he made it, and goes to make his own*

Reckon I could do an Endor one? I could sit my teddies on the top...:D

Carl Simons
May 27th, 2004, 02:14:04 PM
Half Life?..hmm

Dan the Man
May 27th, 2004, 03:32:16 PM
Interesting, but I'm more interested in the specs of the computer, and if he had to sacrifice performance to make it look like that.

AmazonBabe
May 27th, 2004, 04:46:46 PM
I don't see why he'd have to sacrifice performance... I mean, if the tower were big enough, you could squeeze high-end components in there and such... couldn't he?

Alex
May 27th, 2004, 04:51:13 PM
Most of the internal stuff would fit in the big cavity where you usually get a nice little nest of wires, unless you bunch them up with elastic bands or something. If you think about the orientation of his case, the bits he put internally aren't anywhere near where the PCI ports on his motherboard would be, and they'd have curved away before they got to his processor. The wires inside will just fit around them...so he shouldn't have needed to sacrifice anything.

Morgan Evanar
May 27th, 2004, 05:53:36 PM
At least he has a decent mainboard, an NF7. The card looks like a Radeon of some sort.

imported_Grev Drasen
May 27th, 2004, 06:14:03 PM
I'll never understand the concept of case-modding, but I guess it's cool to look at.

AmazonBabe
May 27th, 2004, 06:30:16 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
I'll never understand the concept of case-modding, but I guess it's cool to look at.

I did some moding on mine... and I mean some. It's nowhere NEAR as elaborate as what this guy put out. I just have some ultra violet lights inside that highlight all the components that you can see through the panel's window. That and some blue lights that came with the case, and an added purple light-wire going around the window.

Nothing big, but it's pretty to look at in the dark. :)

Figrin D'an
May 27th, 2004, 07:39:45 PM
Good mod, but I've seen better.

Crystal
May 28th, 2004, 03:04:57 AM
It looks like he let it sit in water for while untill it rusted.

But, I like it.