PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Beach (Finished)

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 10:24:10 PM
Continues from thread "Looking for a Good Time"...

Linn followed Shade outside where the heat of the bar was blown away by the cool breeze of night time.

She could honestly say she'd never been to any artificial beach on Coroscant.

She could also honestly say that she was looking forward to whatever Shade had planned.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 10:30:59 PM
Shade called for an air taxi and it came. He opened the door and let Linn get in first. He told the driver where to go and leaned back in his seat. "So tell me. What is your opinion of Jedi now?"

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 10:34:00 PM
Linn smiled.

"Well, I know that at least I like you. And if all Jedi are like you, I think they could grow on me."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 10:38:12 PM
"I think you just have to meet some more. Maybe later I could introduce you to Spada, my Padawan and a very special freind of mine, Jacali Danner. Maybe even a few more if you like them." He reached up casually as the taxi banked right so he would loose his balance.

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 10:40:58 PM
Linn was in the middle of nodding but she did lose her balance and fell lightly against the door of the taxi.

"Shoot. That always happens!" she exclaimed.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 10:45:48 PM
"Well I'm sure you can overcome it. If you'd like I can try and teach you a few Jedi tricks tha might be able to help you keep your balance."

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 10:48:08 PM
Linn nodded.

"Okay. That would help."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 10:53:46 PM
"Ok first of all you need to relax, totally, relax. Take a few deep breaths and use your mind to kind of...reach out to that place you know is there, but thought you could never touch it. It's like wading into a warm river and water flowing all around you. It will help stabilize you and keep you balanced."

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 10:59:22 PM
Linn shut her eyes and tried to relax, but her muscles were, for some reason, automatically tensing. She concentrated harder, attempting to do what Shade was telling her, but instead of feeling relaxed, she felt like she was being thrown about the interior of the taxi.

"I can't," she muttered.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:03:13 PM
Shade shook his head. "There is such thing as can't." He reached out with the FOrce and brushed it across her mind. He could sense the connection between her and the Force, but it was trying to get them to connect that was the problem. "Try again and I'll help."

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:06:31 PM
Linn took a deep breath, shut her eyes again and began to concentrate. She still felt very ragged, as if she were being pushed around and unable to do anything to stop it. She was trying to get past it and calm down, and to an extent, it was working. But after a few moments, she couldn't hold off the being thrown around feeling.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:10:08 PM
Shade felt it for a moment and then it was gone. "That was better. If you practice you'll have the stuff down in no time, but for now I think we should just hold on to the handles," He said as the driver banked left this time.

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:14:28 PM
Linn tried to grab the handles, but ran into Shade when her fingers couldn't quite reach it.

"I'm sorry!" she exclaimed, embarrassed. She scooted away, making sure her hand was tight around the handles just in case there was another steep bank.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:19:51 PM
Shade chuckled. "It's ok. We are almost there anyways. It is a good thing it is clear tonight, they hav to dome open. Look over the and you can see it. The sand feels so good under your feet and the water is always warm."

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:24:50 PM
Linn turned and looked out the window and saw it. It looked beautiful. Though Linn usually didn't like to show her femenine side by saying something was beautiful, the words somehow escaped her lips.

"It's beautiful..."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:33:45 PM
"It is isn't. I've only been here a few times before."

The taxi landed and Shade payed the driver. He held out his handto help Linn out of the car. "This way M'lady."

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:37:23 PM
Linn blushed as she took his hand and jumped out, and followed as he led the way.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:43:02 PM
"So where to first? Want something to drink? Or straight to the beach?"

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:46:04 PM
Linn shrugged.

"I guess the beach. I've had too much to drink anyway. That's probably half the reason I'm so wired," she said smiling.

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:50:57 PM
"Ok. Shade took them down the path that lead toward the beach and they stopped at a small gate right infront of the sand. "Um...what size bathing suit do you wear?"

Linn O'Conner
May 26th, 2004, 11:54:38 PM
Linn's eyebrows shot up again.

"U-um..." she looked down, her cheeks red. "A six."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:58:57 PM
"Ok. Hold on, I'll be right back." Shade walked into a small little shack and after a few seconds came back wearing a black shirt and black swimming trunks and holding a blue bikini with a wrap around. "Umm...this is all they had in your size. It is kinda rules that you have to wear a swim suit on the beach. There is a changing room right behind here."

Linn O'Conner
May 27th, 2004, 12:02:35 AM
Linn disappeared into the changing room and after a moment, came out wearing the bikini, the wrap tied about her waist. She smiled shyly.

"It's been awhile since I've worn one of these," she said, her arms folded over her chest. "So, I'm sorry if I don't look so good..."

Shade Magus
May 27th, 2004, 12:05:46 AM
"It's ok, you look fine, now come on," he said grabbing her arm and pulling her through the gate door and onto the sand. It felt so wonderful between his toes, he could describe it. He let go of Linn and walked out a few steps before doing a cartwheel. "There we go. How is this for movement?"

Linn O'Conner
May 27th, 2004, 12:20:29 AM
Linn laughed watching him run through the sand. She had to admit, it felt good to be free of her tight, constricting leather garb and be on a beach again. She hadn't been on one since...

Linn looked away. No, she would not think of that time. Now, it was just she and Shade, out to have fun on a beach.

Linn went immediately for the water. Shade was right, it was warm, and the waves were fresh. She took off her wrap and dove in, letting the water flow over her.

Shade Magus
May 27th, 2004, 09:45:40 PM
Shade finished a back flip and looked over and smiled as Linn jumped into the water. "Having fun?" He yelled.

Linn O'Conner
May 28th, 2004, 05:01:28 PM
Linn came up out of the water to answer the man. She smoothed back her hair and smiled wide.

"Too much fun!" she called. "Come on in!"

Shade Magus
May 29th, 2004, 05:27:51 PM
Shade shurgged and waded into the water. He used the Force to propell himself forward and came to rest a few fet in front of Linn. "Told you it was a nice place."

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 05:34:28 PM
Linn laughed as he stopped in front of her splashing water on her a little.

"Yeah. You were right! It is nice. I had no idea there was anything like this on Coruscant."

Shade Magus
May 29th, 2004, 05:41:15 PM
"Yeah, not many people do. It's kind of an exclusive thing. I found out by accident."

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 05:47:27 PM
Linn smiled, lying back to float on the water. She shut her eyes.

"I'm glad you found out about it..."

Shade Magus
May 29th, 2004, 05:49:13 PM
Shade smiled. "I am too, not happy about the way I found it, but happy I found it."

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 05:51:30 PM
Linn opened her eyes, and stopped floating to look at him. She swam back over.

"How'd you find it?"

Shade Magus
May 29th, 2004, 05:54:58 PM
"There was a big gang fight just aove us. I was dispatched to try and stop it. Unfortunately I got thrown in the fight and I accidently cut a hole in the roof and fell through into the water."

Linn O'Conner
May 29th, 2004, 05:58:37 PM
Linn cringed.

"That's never a good way to find out anything," Linn said. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

Shade Magus
May 30th, 2004, 12:01:10 AM
"No I didn't get hurt. Luckily I fell into the water. A few feet to my left though and the water wouldn't have been as deep and then I would be hurting."

Linn O'Conner
May 30th, 2004, 02:52:05 PM
Linn laughed, glancing to where he indicated and noticed she could see rocks and sand at the bottom. She smiled.

"You seem to know how to avoid everything dangerous, Shade," Linn said as she swam farther out away from him. "You're like a cat. You always land the right way."

Shade Magus
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:17:43 PM
"I try most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:02:54 PM
"I could use that talent. It might help with my current opinion of Jedi. Of course, that opinion may not even exist if it weren't for my job," Linn shrugged looking up at the moon and smiling. "So really, it's my fault."

Shade Magus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:45:44 PM
"Nothing is anyone's fault. Our pathes are chosen and we are the ones that walk them."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:48:02 PM
Linn chuckled, looking at him.

"I had a weird feeling you'd say that," she said. "But you're right, I guess, in the end."

Shade Magus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:03:56 PM
"It's just life I guess. We'll never know until we're gone."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:06:31 PM
"You're right," she said, shivering all of a sudden, even though she wasn't cold. "I guess we don't..."

Shade Magus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:32:14 PM
"Unnerving isn't it?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:36:30 PM
Linn smiled.

"A little," she hugged herself, then sighed. "Okay, a lot."

Shade Magus
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:53:55 PM
Shade smiled. "Sorry about that. Sometimes I forget that not everyone I talk to is a Jedi."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 4th, 2004, 09:20:38 PM
Linn sighed, the smile melting from her face as she let the warm waves gently roll over her.

"It's alright. I don't mind. I'm pretty used to death now," she wrinkled her nose. "Just not the Jedi kind, I guess," she laughed.

Shade Magus
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:04:00 PM
"What do you mean?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:08:40 PM
Linn sighed.

"Well, it seems Jedi look at death differently than bounty hunters," she smiled. "It's like Jedi look at it as sort of a philosophical thing. Where we just look at it as a bloody mess that gets us cash..."

Shade Magus
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:21:31 PM
"I guess so. I never really thought about it that way."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:24:32 PM
"It seems like we've never thought of it the other way before," Linn laughed. "What kind of box have I been living in?"

Shade Magus
Jun 5th, 2004, 01:28:28 PM
"Probably the same one I was living in."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 5th, 2004, 09:42:35 PM
"Then we've met before! I knew you looked familiar!" she laughed.

Shade Magus
Jun 6th, 2004, 01:34:52 PM
"Good one. Very clever you are."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:30:26 PM
Linn laughed hard, tucking hair behind her ears. She turned, then glanced over her shoulder.

"I pride myself in my wit!" she said sarcastically before diving under the warm water.

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:35:30 PM
Shade watched as she dived into the water, and then had a crazy thought. I wonder if they are still here, the Jedi thought as he reached out with the Force and searched for some old freinds. Finally he found them and called them over to him. He could see in the distance a group of them jumping out of the water and making their way towards him. He smiled. It ha been a long time since he had seen his freinds.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:39:53 PM
Linn came up out of the water with a deep breath. She saw Shade looking off in a different direction. She followed his gaze and saw something coming towards them. She squinted, then looked back over at Shade.

"Who is that?" she called over to him.

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:44:15 PM
"Those are my freinds. They are called dolphins. They are supposed to be a really rare type of water mammals. They are very freindly and very intellegent." Shade reached out as one swan past him and could feel thier rubbery skin. Two of them floated along side him and let out a small burst of clicks and cackles. He turned to Linn to translate. "It isn't much of a language, but they are laughing and asking us to play with them."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:48:42 PM
Linn's mouth dropped open. She stared at him for a moment before shutting her mouth and swimming cautiously over.

They were surrounded by them. Two were bumping her hands and squealing at her. She jumped away at the feel of their skin. It was slick and felt like some sort of rubber suit. She looked at Shade.

"How do you...play with one of these things?"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:53:03 PM
Shade smiled and winked before tossing her a small underwater breathing device. "Just hang on to this." He dove under the water and two of the dolphins followed him. He was able to use the Force to swin fast, but not enough to keep up with the dolphins. He grabbed one of their dorsal fins as they resurfaced.

"Just grab their dorsal fin and let them show you!" He called out to Linn who was by now, pretty far away.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:06:08 PM
Linn quickly dawned the breathing device and dove down, grabbing a dolphin by the fin.

Suddenly, it took off through the water, and Linn had never known that water could feel so much like air.

They became level with Shade and his dolphin. She glanced over at them. Her breath was coming in short gasps as every time the dolphin turned it flicked it's tail, almost throwing Linn off.

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:09:04 PM
Shade looked over and saw Linn was having some trouble. "You ok?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:14:24 PM
Linn nodded, shutting her eyes as the dolphin dunked her under the water. She came back up, laughing.

"This animal's insane!"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:18:44 PM
Shade cocked his head to the side for a moment to think about that. "Yeah you could say hat I guess." He said with a smile.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:22:25 PM
Linn laughed, but it turned to bubbles as the animals dunked her again. She finally let go, coming up to the surface and choking on water.

"Geez..." she watched Shade speed past her. "Having fun!" she yelled.

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:25:19 PM
"You could say that," he yelled as he went under again.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:29:57 PM
Linn laughed out loud as he watched him go under then come back up, his hair sopping.

"I'm glad you like it!"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:34:10 PM
Shade went under again, as far as he could go. Then using the Force he sped upwards and shot straight out of the water and into the air.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:37:40 PM
Linn gasped as she saw Shade rocket from the water. She watched him go farther up into air.

"What the--"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:46:06 PM
Shade spread his arms as he went and then turned upside down, diving into the water.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:49:00 PM
Linn held in another gasp as he flipped in the air and dove back into the water with a huge splash. Linn swam over and searched the water for him, but she couldn't see him.

"Shade?"

Shade Magus
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:51:48 PM
Shade popped his head out behind her. "Boo!"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:57:07 PM
Linn jumped back with a squeak, then she broke into laughter and sank into the water up to her lips.

"I don't think I've laughed this much in my entire life," she said, controlling her laughter. She looked at Shade. "Thanks."

Shade Magus
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:41:23 PM
"My pleasure. I like it when people laugh." He said with a grin.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:14:26 PM
Linn began to laugh harder.

"And your smile is infectious!"

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:22:20 PM
"Well aren't I just the best joke today?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:25:05 PM
"I didn't say you were a joke," Linn said. "I Just that you're funny."

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:33:54 PM
Shade shrugged as he ran his fingers across the dolphin. "Joke, funny it is all the same as long as people smile."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:41:12 PM
Linn watched the dolphins swim under thier feet, gliding through the water around them. She held her hand out and let one of the dolphins swim past it and brush her skin.

She took a deep breath and let it out, enjoying the slow, sleepy silence that had fallen between she and Shade. The woman listened to the waves, and slipped deeper into the water to warm her shoulders.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:50:34 PM
Shade reahed out with the Force and felt the life around him. He knew Linn couldn't feel it the same way as he, but he still had an idea. He expanded his Force awareness to include her so that maybe she could feel the same peace he felt now.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:56:59 PM
Suddenly, the warmth that enveloped her body, now surrounded her emotions and her mind. She felt an odd sort of connection between she and Shade, she and the dolphins, she and everything around her. It was a feeling she wasn't used to, but one she liked.

Linn kept looking into the water, the blurred shadows of the dolphins the only thing she could see. She shut her eyes and just let the warmth cover her like safe, strong arms.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:59:56 PM
Shade smiled as he watched Linn, so it had worked. He knew there was something about her. "How do you feel?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:02:00 PM
Linn jumped violently at the sudden sound of another human being's voice. Her eyes opened and she looked at Shade, the warmth never leaving her.

"Really good for some odd reason..."

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:06:28 PM
Shade smiled. "Good to here. Notice anything different?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:12:39 PM
Linn cocked her head. She didn't say anything. There were many things different, so many things she didn't know where to start. So, she merely nodded slightly, looking back down into the water to try and put her thoughts in order again.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:22:27 PM
"It's ok. Take you time and just relax."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:29:01 PM
Linn was afraid if she relaxed anymore she would fall asleep and drown. She felt as if she was in a completely different place. The water lapped up on her shoulders, chest, and neck, its rythmic movement making her sleepy.

Linn raised her hand and tucked hair behind her ears. This action seemed to have been done unconsciously. She watched the patterns the moon played on the water and enjoyed them shining on her face.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 04:32:03 PM
Shade grabbed a nearby dolphin for support. "I think maybe we should go back n to shore. You look like you are ready to fall asleep."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:52:46 PM
Linn nodded. She started for the shore and realized her legs were weak. She paused in the water for a moment to regain her alertness then continued towards the sand, glancing back to see if Shade was behind her.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 06:59:24 PM
"Here use on of the dolphins to help you."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:02:35 PM
Linn obeyed taking hold of the fin of a dolphin that quietly glided beside her. He smoothly pulled her into shore until she was walking on the sand and could get her own bearings.

She walked up onto the beach and dropped down into the sand laying back on it's soft warmness. She listened to the waves and looked up at the stars. She could hear Shade moving and was content just to listen, and glad that she wasn't alone.

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:04:03 PM
Shade walked up beside Linn and sat down, listening to the waves and feeling the life around him. It was so relaxing.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:05:40 PM
Linn saw Shade sit next to her out of the corner of her eye, then looked over at him.

"Thanks for taking me here, Shade."

Shade Magus
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:15:36 PM
"It ws my pleasure. I am just glad you liked it here."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 9th, 2004, 07:17:40 PM
Linn chuckled a little bit, then sat up, the warmth that had previously made her sleepy, was now giving her more strength. She pulled her knees up to her chest.

"How often do you come here?"

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:38:12 PM
"Not often really. I think this is my fourth time coming here."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:43:12 PM
Four times. Linn sighed. She wished they weren't on Coruscant anymore. She wished they were on a natural beach on some other planet where she knew that once she walked away from the beach she wouldn't hear the overbearing noise of the city.

The woman tightened her bikini top then stretched and yawned. She buried her feet and hands in the warm sand.

"This place is intoxicating," she chuckled. "I could get used to coming here."

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:51:54 PM
"Yes it is peaceful here. That is why I try to reserve it just for special occasions."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:53:15 PM
Linn smiled.

"Then I don't think you should be wasting your special occasions reservations on me."

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:56:11 PM
"There isn't anything more special than meeting a new freind. I am glad I got to bring you here."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 06:58:03 PM
"I'm glad I got to come," Linn was suddenly downcast. Very, very sad, and she didn't know why.

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:00:49 PM
Shade looked over at Linn and frowned. "What is wrong?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:03:48 PM
Linn shook her head her vision clouding for a moment.

"I don't know," Linn wrinkled her nose. "I just feel really bad."

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:08:31 PM
"well that isn't the usual response to this place. Anything you can think of?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:10:25 PM
Linn racked her brain, but nothing popped up immediately. In fact, she had been the happiest now as she'd ever been. It was only in the space a heartbeat that she'd felt as if something was very wrong. She felt sick.

"No. Nothing."

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:12:38 PM
"Well that is strange indeed..." Shade said silently. What could be wrong?

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:15:58 PM
Linn put her face in her hands trying to concentrate on driving away the very ill feeling she had. What had happened to the happiness she'd been feeling only a second before?

She slowly, melodically rung water out of her hair and dusted sand off her legs, trying to keep her mind off the pulsing dread that was threatening to overtake her.

Shade Magus
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:18:32 PM
Shade could feel something awful coming from Linn, but couldn't tell what it was and it was driving him nuts not knw how to help.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:21:00 PM
The feeling suddenly ebbed to the back of her neck as quickly as it had rushed over her. She nearly choked with the surprise of it.
She put a hand on her now dizzy head.

"Whoa," she murmured. "What's wrong with me?" she whispered.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:04:09 PM
"I don't know. I can't seem to find anything wrong."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:06:31 PM
She shook her head shrugging.

"It's been happening a lot lately," she sighed. "Sorry."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:17:28 PM
"Don't apologize. So when does it usually happen?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:18:56 PM
Linn shrugged.

"Every once in awhile," she drew her eyebrows down. "Usually when I feel threatened or when I'm angry, but I'm the farthest from either of those now than I have been in weeks."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:31:47 PM
"Well then I am at a loss unless it is some kind of premonition."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:34:24 PM
Linn wrinkled her nose again as her head began to clear.

"Premonition? I don't know. I hope not," she shivered.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:35:50 PM
"Well whateverit is, I'm sure you can handle it," the Jedi said as he stretched out in the sand and let its warmth flow over him.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:39:40 PM
Linn nodded mutely to herself, her mood officially spoiled. She could not relax now, and her normal, moody scowl came back to her face, feeling more familiar than the smile she had been wearing.

She stood, walking over and grabbing the wrap she'd dropped earlier. Linn tied it around her then began walking in the waves as they washed up over the sand.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:44:50 PM
Shade watched her go, wishing he cold help his new freind, but didn't know what to do. He reached out with the Force and began to make small orbs of water that flew around Linn and the others near the water. The small kids seemed to like them the most though.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:52:42 PM
Linn saw the water pellets and veguely knew that Shade had probably created them. One of them gently fell on her cheek slipping down it. She wiped it away in frustration and ignored the others that shimmered around her. Linn continued walking down the beach.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:53:42 PM
Shade jumped up and ran over to catch up with Linn. "Hey, where you going?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:55:07 PM
Linn shook her head and looked out over the water.

"Nowhere."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 04:57:32 PM
"Look I may not be like the other JEdi and be much of a mediator, but I know when something is wrong. So if you want to talk about something, I can listen."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:03:53 PM
Linn shook her head again.

"I've nothing to talk about," she said, more angrily than she had meant to.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:09:06 PM
Shade was taken aback by her tone of voice. "I'm sorry."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:10:43 PM
Linn fell silent, guilt for answering him so coldly filling her up.

"I'm sorry, Shade."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:11:49 PM
"Look it doesn't matter anyways. It is over and past with."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:13:58 PM
"It does matter," she turned to him. "I am sorry."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:15:08 PM
"Ok, ok...apology accepted." Shade looked out over the water before turning back to her. "So what do you want to do now?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:17:28 PM
Linn sighed, looking down at her feet as she walked.

"I don't know..."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:25:01 PM
"Ohh...well I'm at a loss to, so whatever your pleasure will be, it shall be done m'lady," Shade said in an old english accent, while bowing.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:27:49 PM
Linn laughed, the smile breaking the scowl she'd been wearing.

"You decide this time. I chose the beach, you choose the next destination."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:30:56 PM
Shade looked at a clock mounted on a small lighthouse and sighed. "I'm afraid there isn't that much to do anymore. It seems like everything has closen for the night."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:33:15 PM
Linn laughed.

"So, we've talked all night," she said. "Unbelievable."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:35:56 PM
"Well, time flies when you are having fun."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:37:42 PM
"That's the understatement of the year."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:41:34 PM
"Uh?"

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:43:05 PM
Linn shook her head, smiling.

"Nevermind. It's a stupid phrase my ex-boyfriend used to use all the time."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:46:32 PM
"Oh....well seeing how it is late and everything I guess we should be going."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:47:32 PM
Linn nodded.

"Alright."

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:50:46 PM
Shade stood next to Linn and held out his arm to accompany her back to the changing rooms.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:54:56 PM
Linn took the offer and laid her hand on his arm. They walked to the changing rooms. She went inside and came out wearing her normal constricting leather pants, shirt, and her long cloak. She quickly dried her hair and let it hang loose.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:56:32 PM
While Linn changed, Shade went in and put his Jedi robes back on and came out, his hair only slightly wet. That was one of the perks of his species.

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 05:58:19 PM
Linn sighed and jumped whem Shade came back out.

"Well..." she muttered vaguely. But she soon fell silent as she yawned.

Shade Magus
Jun 12th, 2004, 06:01:21 PM
Shade smiled as the young lady yawned. "Well out we go," he said walking Linn out. They reached the exiting platform and two air taxis were wating.

"I didn't think, you'd want a Jedi knowing where you lived, so I called for another cab for you. And I've already taken care of the fare."

Linn O'Conner
Jun 12th, 2004, 06:03:16 PM
"Thanks," Linn said. She looked at her feet. "For everything."

And with that, she climbed into the air taxi, and flew off.