PDA

View Full Version : Returning to sanity (finished)

Lady Mylia
May 24th, 2004, 02:19:14 PM
Mylia leaned her on Ridge's shoulder as he slept. She too should have been sleeping, but she had to much on her mind.

Her mother was finally feeling better. It was just a scare, thankgoodness. All her mother was told to do was not take on so much. She's getting to age when she can not handle stress well anymore. Mylia sighed, she knew that her mom doing less would kill her. She was the type of person that had to always be busy, she would just have to learn to take some breaks.

Mylia glanced over at Ridge and smiled. She was so thankful that he was able to take off work and come with her. Mylia does not know what she would have done without him. He had been so good to her lately, especially when she needed him most. She was so happy that she was going to be with him forever.

Mylia finally closed her eyes and began to drift off into a very peaceful sleep, the best sleep she had gotten in the past several weeks. This flight home was going to be quick.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 24th, 2004, 08:07:03 PM
Ridge Towers stirred a bit and opened his eyes slightly. He looked down at his fiancee and sighed with a smile.

Mylia felt so warm in his arms and soon it would be forever all that had to be done was a date. But, lately with Mylia's mother being ill, there was no time to be thinking about anything, but the Senator. He, himself had discussed talking to Mylia's mom about taking some time to herself, but knew her all too well.

She would run herself into the ground again, eventually people like her always did. It was as if they couldn't help themselves.

Ridge on the other hand, had gotten himself a very reliable assistant, to help him with his case load and it had helped out a lot.

It gave him more time to spend with his fiancee and he had plans for them as soon as she could manage a long weekend.

But, for now, he would just have to enjoy the time they had together at least they were still on the same system.

Ridge also had a brother he wanted to get to know again, he was ready to truly patch things up with him. It was funny how things just fell into place when you fell in love.

Everything just had a way of working out. Ridge held Mylia tighter and kissed the top of her head. He would love her forever and longer.

Lady Mylia
May 25th, 2004, 11:02:09 PM
Mylia stirred as the plain slowly jerked to a stop. Home, finally. She looked up at Ridge as he kissed her on top of her head. She smiled and stretched a little. It was a nice little nap.

They began to get up and gather their bags. It was good to be home after so many weeks. She could not believe she spent that long of time with her mother, it really cut into her training and such. Oh well, she had to do it. Her mother needed her.

She looked at Ridge as they exited onto his private landing dock. Ridge had everything. "Thanks again for coming with me hun, I don't know what I would have done without you."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 26th, 2004, 07:10:40 AM
Ridge took her hand and smiled. "It was my pleasure, luv. Besides, someone had to look after you. Where we off too? Back to the Temple?"

Ridge winced slightly. He wasn't allowed in there, he was a darksider. He stopped her for a moment. "Mylia, I've been thinking. You know I'm not allowed any further into that Temple than the front lobby...eh..." Here goes nothing.

"Why don't you move in with me? We could live at OZ, I know you love that place. I could get you a nice speeder to get back and forth to the Temple or wherever else. I'm not saying make a decision right now, but think about it."

Lady Mylia
May 26th, 2004, 08:43:44 AM
Mylia looked to Ridge. That thought had crossed her mind before, she must admit. But what about Jacali? "I don't know Ridge. It is always a possiblity, but I don't know if I could leave Jacali. I'll definately think about it and let you know soon. But, I would like to do there now."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 26th, 2004, 02:05:53 PM
Ridge nodded with a smile, at least she would give it some thought that was better than a flat out no.

"I'm sure she'll want to see you too, luv. While you're doing that, I suppose I should head back to the office and get an update on the Emerson contract. But, I'll get you to the Temple first."

He held her hand as they walked out of the private hangar to the awaiting limo. Ridge handed the bags to the chauffuer and helped Mylia in. He climbed in behind her.

"Just think, you got me to not drink so much while we were gone, I ordered some sparkling water for us. Care for some?" He asked as he got into the small cooler and grabbed the large bottle.

"Peach, sounds good." Ridge commented as he opened it.

Lady Mylia
May 26th, 2004, 02:39:24 PM
Mylia laughed. "Sure, peach sounds great." She took a drink. It was refreshing. "It's nice to be back on Corusaunt."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 26th, 2004, 05:35:59 PM
"Yes it is, but with being back comes our responsibilities once again. Unfortunately, I may have to go out of town with the Emerson contract, care to join me if I do? It's a cruise line on Tuscanova 5, I'm buying them out to keep it from going under. No pun intended." He acknowledged with a smile.

"I informed them that in order for me to go about with the transaction, I would be going on one of their cruises to see if indeed it would be worth my while."

Lady Mylia
May 26th, 2004, 09:49:06 PM
Mylia shrugged. "We'll see when the time comes. I have missed so much at the Temple."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 27th, 2004, 03:57:16 AM
Ridge nodded. "Of course, luv. You've been away for weeks." He sipped his drink as the limo continued towards the Temple.

Lady Mylia
May 27th, 2004, 07:09:38 AM
Mylia took a sip of her drink. "This is good." She looked out the window as they past. "Home, sweet home." She said with a smile as they passed through the busy city.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 27th, 2004, 04:21:50 PM
"You know, there is something else we need to be thinking about, Mylia. Our wedding date, I know things have been hectic and that's why I want us to share a life together as soon as possible. I want to be there for you always, I want to share everything I have with you." He slipped his arm around her and gave her a slight squeeze.

Lady Mylia
May 27th, 2004, 11:32:30 PM
Mylia smiled. "Our wedding date. Well, we need time to plan it. What about six months or so. You think that would give us time?"

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 28th, 2004, 03:48:37 AM
Sounds great, then we need to decided where and what you want. Tropical, on a cruise, on a winter ski trip..."

Lady Mylia
May 29th, 2004, 02:28:04 PM
Mylia's eyes twinkled. "Tropical, of course." She beamed. "Do you think summer girl would have it any other way?"

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 30th, 2004, 08:25:07 AM
"Whatever you decide will be absolutely incredible, Mylia. Spare no expense." He smiled. "I just want you to be happy."

Lady Mylia
May 30th, 2004, 02:58:14 PM
"Whatever we decide. I want you to be apart of this too. I'll give you my ideas and I want yours. I want this to be what we want."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 30th, 2004, 08:31:43 PM
Ridge nodded with a smile. "Alright, it'll be what we want. Ummm, one thing, your mother...I know how uppity she is within the Senate. Do you suppose she'll want to invite the everyone from here to the Outer Rim?"

Lady Mylia
May 31st, 2004, 01:10:24 PM
Mylia sighed. She had given that question some thought and she came to a conclusion. "Yes! But I won't allow it! It's our wedding and she'll just have to deal with that."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
May 31st, 2004, 05:54:42 PM
"I was really hoping you were going to say that, I really didn't want something real huge. I think, I'm going to ask my brother to stand up with me. I hope he agrees. Who do you think you'll ask to be your attendants? I think, Jacali will be in there somewhere."

Lady Mylia
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:08:43 PM
Mylia smiled. "I'm sure River will. And Jacali, most definately and Quay. I don't know who else. How many groom's man are you going to have?"

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:54:59 PM
"Well, we could just go with two unless you want more. This is oour special day, we can have two or we can have twenty."

Lady Mylia
Jun 3rd, 2004, 10:01:20 PM
Mylia laughed. "I think 20 is a little much. But, that's something else we need to talk about."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:13:26 PM
"Hmmm, we could go traditionally three. That wouldn't be too bad. Who are you going to ask to walk you down the aisle to my awaiting arms?"

Lady Mylia
Jun 4th, 2004, 05:47:18 PM
Mylia's heart sank. She didn't have a father to walk her. Her face fully displayed the emotion she was feeling. "I-I don't know." She said trying to fight back tears. The only person she could think of was someone who was a father figure to her. Her mentor, her teacher: Dasquian.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 4th, 2004, 06:48:54 PM
Ridge could see and feel the pain she felt and took her into his arms and held her tight. "I'm sorry, luv. I didn't mean to dredge up things that don't need dredging up. I know this wedding will mean the world to you and it will to me as well. I know what you're going through, my parents are gone as well. They will be with us in spirit." Ridge sighed. As he knew that soon he'd have to tell her what happened to his father, it seemed so far off and away. But, he had to be truthful and tell her more of his past.

Ridge released Mylia and looked at her. "I know that you know of my past with my brother and that several months ago I had been on a manhunt to kill him. It had been the darksider in me, the one that I'm not proud of. But, I'm not that way anymore, I've embraced a new way of life, I've embraced you and I've learned from my mistakes and I've learned how to forgive."

Lady Mylia
Jun 5th, 2004, 10:25:46 PM
Mylia's expression changed as Ridge spoke. "I know, they are here with us." She tried to smile. "It's just hard." She stopped speaking as Ridge continued. She raised her eyebrow, wondering where this conversation was going. "Yes, I know you are changed man. I know that the darsider in you has gone. I know about your brother. But what does that have to do with our parents?"

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 6th, 2004, 09:03:41 AM
"My mother died when I was very young, I don't remember very much of her. So, my dad raised us and he was a Jedi, but then so was my uncle." Ridge paused.

"My uncle turned to the darkside shortly after I decided it was my duty to join him when I was sixteen. I went to the darkside too at that point, I was young and very impressionable at that time. So, when I returned and found that my brother had betrayed me and my father knew it...I wanted to kill them. I don't remember much of that night."

Ridge felt an overwhelming guilt settle over him and let out a deep sigh. "I killed my father that night and I had thought I'd killed Angelina. But, it wasn't my fault...they attacked me and...and I slayed them."

Ridge closed his eye against the tears that he felt. It was the darkest thing he'd ever done. "I killed my father." He said in nearly a whisper. "And I'll have to live with that the rest of my life."

Lady Mylia
Jun 6th, 2004, 02:45:37 PM
Mylia looked at Ridge. Not really sure how to reply. "I know Ridge, that's why I won't hold it against you. I know you hold it against yourself enough for the both of us. I know you have changed, even though it does surprise me..."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 6th, 2004, 05:39:07 PM
HIs attention was brought back to her. "It was because of you. You, Mylia, you changed me..."

Lady Mylia
Jun 6th, 2004, 05:44:34 PM
"I'm glad I had that effect on you." She smiled and kissed his nose.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 6th, 2004, 05:51:16 PM
"You my dear, will always have an effect on me. I want no other than you in my life." He smiled at her. It was true, he had changed from the heartless man he once was, who had his mind set on revenge, but no more.

Lady Mylia
Jun 6th, 2004, 06:00:07 PM
"Well, sir, I'm afraid you are stuck with me now and have no other choice but to keep me." She laughed and hugged him.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 6th, 2004, 06:06:49 PM
Ridge embraced her and then sat and looked deep into her eyes. "I will honor and cherish you forever, Mylia. You are the dearest thing in my life, money or no money. I will be true only unto you. I give you my word, my promise."

Lady Mylia
Jun 7th, 2004, 06:27:15 AM
Mylia looked to him with the biggest smile. "Oh, Ridge. You are so sweet. I don't know what to say."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:48:13 AM
"Just say you'll have me and keep me forever, that is all I want."

Lady Mylia
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:44:47 PM
Her eyes twinkled. "You are the best husband. So sweet and loving."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 10th, 2004, 10:04:57 PM
Ridge smiled and gave her hand a warm squeeze. "Well, get used to it, luv. That is how I'm going to be forever."

Lady Mylia
Jun 12th, 2004, 10:37:58 PM
"Forever. That has a nice ring to it." She smiled as they pulled up to the temple. She leaned over and gave him a kiss. "Thanks for the ride, hun. I'll beep ya later."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jun 20th, 2004, 09:10:59 PM
He kissed her passionately and then released her. "I'll have my beeper, beep your beeper back. Dinner tonight?"

Lady Mylia
Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:54:08 PM
Mylia nodded. "Sounds nice. See you then." She said as she stepped out of the transport.