PDA

View Full Version : Why does Firefox hate me?

Kyle Raiden
May 23rd, 2004, 07:02:52 PM
A while ago, Internet Explorer was messed up. None of the pics work. You all suggested that I downloaded Mozilla, which I did. It worked...for about three days. Then I started getting problems, and they've been getting progressively worse.

Right now, if I'm lucky, a page will load as it should. However, my luck seems to have run out. (I guess my Snugglemuffin was a big drain on that...). Most of the time, pages refuse to load, whether its my homepage, a bookmark, or a hyperlink. It just sits there. Sometimes, if I stop and re-click a few times, I'll get messages like "Connection refused" and "This document contains no data", and after that it'll work. The rest of the time, I have to close Mozilla down, and load up a page again which, if I'm trying to send off a post, involves a frustrating process of copying and pasting the post and the url, so I don't loose it all.

Anyone know what's up? Have I got a setting wrong or something? Or is the universe's sick idea of maintaining balance?

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2004, 07:13:02 PM
I think your computer is probably screwed up. When was Windows installed?

Kyle Raiden
May 23rd, 2004, 07:16:40 PM
About three weeks ago. I tried upgrading to XP, but it didn't like me either.

And my computer was working fine (except for the IE thing) until Moz went on...maybe its more RAM-hungry than IE? That wouldn't be helping...

imported_Grev Drasen
May 23rd, 2004, 07:22:14 PM
Are you getting those errors on all websites you visit?

I've been getting "this document contains no data" errors when browsing 'Fans lately, but it works like a charm on other sites. I thought it was just an issue with the server.

Darth007
May 23rd, 2004, 08:05:11 PM
I get the same thing too, sometimes it says "no connection found" or something when i come here, and sometimes pages load rediculously slower then they usual would in the same conditions.

Figrin D'an
May 23rd, 2004, 08:24:33 PM
Empty your browser cache and get rid of all your cookies. Try to completely clean out everything associated with the browser, including extentions/plugins like Flash or Java.

If that doesn't work, try scanning for adware/spyware.

Kyle Raiden
May 23rd, 2004, 08:33:42 PM
Its sort of working...I hope. I guess I'll know in a little while if the problem is still there.

Thanks guys.

imported_Firebird1
May 26th, 2004, 09:23:27 AM
It sounds like you got some kind of regestry error there!

You said XP didn't like you, were you trying to upgrade or do a clean install?

Kyle Raiden
May 26th, 2004, 09:40:53 AM
Upgrade.

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2004, 09:43:11 AM
That would be why. XP sometimes upgrades ok from 98 or ME, but most of the time it just half works. Clean install is the correct answer.

Ryla Relvinian
May 26th, 2004, 10:44:12 AM
Hire a priest.

Holy water on the motherboard should do the trick. :)

Lion El' Jonson
May 28th, 2004, 08:54:16 AM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
Hire a priest.

Holy water on the motherboard should do the trick. :)

Yes. Listen to Ryla. That will work just as well as freezing your Hard Drive into an icecube to keep the temperature down. :lol