PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Hiatus

imported_Terran Starek
May 22nd, 2004, 09:05:58 PM
Hi guys.

I'm interning as a Youth Pastor this summer for a church in LaMont, Kansas. LaMont is a sprawling metropolis with a population of 40 people. I started about a week and a half ago and I will be there all summer.

Considering LaMont's size, it's no big suprise that I don't have an internet connection. I don't have TV, my cell phone doesn't work, and I have no internet--so I'm pretty much shut off from the outside world. I do have a subscription to a newspaper, though, so I still get my news.

Anyway, I've been scarce lately (finals) so I figure it's not that big of a deal to most of you. I'll be pretty much on hiatus all summer. I'll try to get on as much as possible, but I can't count on anything at all. Luckily, I'm not in many threads right now, so it won't be a big deal. Those I am involved with, though, I don't have a major role, really. So I'll be able to throw in posts now and then I'm sure.

You all rock and I'll miss ya lots. Have great summers and hopefully I'll still be around. :)

Chris

Dae Jinn
May 22nd, 2004, 09:16:51 PM
Congrats and have fun. Be safe, Chris :hug

DarthHERA
May 23rd, 2004, 01:22:53 AM
:cry

*miss you*

btw, sounds like a horrid little place you're at.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2004, 02:23:27 AM
Big question: Does LaMont have a library?

Oh, forget it, if they did all their books would be 50 years old or older. :) Take a bookcase with you full of good books to read to occupy your free time, should you have any. ;)

And good luck! Have a great summer. :)

Zasz Grimm
May 23rd, 2004, 08:12:57 AM
take the movie BBOMN with you, dude. Much entertainement.

;)

(inside joke from dallas trip)

take it easy.

Silus Xilarian
May 24th, 2004, 04:00:18 PM
We. Dont. HAVE. That. :mad

Seriously dude, make the most of things, and drop a line this way if you get the chance.

Lady Mylia
May 26th, 2004, 08:52:11 AM
Have fun Chris :) Hopefully see ya around sometime

imported_Terran Starek
May 28th, 2004, 09:31:23 PM
Hey guys--thanks for all the good wishes. :) You guys rock and I think about ya often. I'm at the parents house, so I get to check in.

Hera: It's not too bad, I guess. . .ok, so it does kinda suck. I miss y'all and I miss chatting and hanging out the most.

Silas and Zasz: Don't you forget it! ;) I got my copy, Zasz!

LD: No, it doesn't. But there are a few surrounding cities that have on, I think. The nearest big city (which isn't big at all) is Emporia, and they have a Hastings! So, I can go there and kill a day looking at books.

I've taken your advice. I started reading an awesome, awesome fantasy novel series by George R. R. Martin (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/) called "A Song of Ice and Fire." It's the best stuff I've read since Tolkein, no joke. There are three books in it so far with a forth coming soon and it rocks. I reccomend. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 29th, 2004, 12:29:44 AM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
I've taken your advice. I started reading an awesome, awesome fantasy novel series by George R. R. Martin (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/) called "A Song of Ice and Fire." It's the best stuff I've read since Tolkein, no joke. There are three books in it so far with a forth coming soon and it rocks. I reccomend. :D You couldn't have stumbled onto a better book series. Very very good, although the third book is a bit racier than I'd like. Still, a good series. Can't wait for A Feast For Crows, the fourth book. :D

Estelle Russard
May 29th, 2004, 02:21:58 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
You couldn't have stumbled onto a better book series. Very very good, although the third book is a bit racier than I'd like. Still, a good series. Can't wait for A Feast For Crows, the fourth book. :D

Ah this is true, the third book nearly every chapter was "racy".

Great series - I loved it too.

Zasz Grimm
May 31st, 2004, 03:39:13 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
Hey guys--thanks for all the good wishes. :) You guys rock and I think about ya often. I'm at the parents house, so I get to check in.

Silas and Zasz: Don't you forget it! ;) I got my copy, Zasz!

I've taken your advice. I started reading an awesome, awesome fantasy novel series by George R. R. Martin (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/) called "A Song of Ice and Fire." It's the best stuff I've read since Tolkein, no joke. There are three books in it so far with a forth coming soon and it rocks. I reccomend. :D

:hat

Also, another book series to read- Dragonlance. Start with the Chronicles and Legends (Back to back, 6 books with about 300-400 pages each, or more)

Great stuff, I'll post the order of them if you can find them, read them. I'm addicted to them.

(Chronicles) Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, Dragons of Spring Dawning.

(Legends) Time Of Twins, War of Twins, and Test of Twins

If you liked LOTR, you'll love this stuff. There's more, but that reading should hold you down.