PDA

View Full Version : "A new set of wheels." (Spada)

Sarr Koon
May 22nd, 2004, 01:22:24 PM
Coruscant looked far better at night then it did during the day. In the night time hours the gigantic city was covered in lights and beautiful to watch. However, in the day time it was little more then a enormous jumble of turbolifts and buildings that protruded up towards the atmosphere. Sarr and Spada found themselves traveling the city during the day light hours.

Spada, a Kel Dor like himself, had brought out his speeder to make traveling more efficient in the mass that was Coruscant. The two were seated in the speeder, and at the moment, looking for a person that might supply them with a used ship.

Sarr had decided it was time for him to own a ship and that was the reason for this particular outing. He had roughly 5,000 credits and hoped it would be enough for a used ship. The shorter of the 2 Kel Dor was looking for a freighter in order to make space travel more convenient. Booking passage on a transport was not something he enjoyed doing.

spada
May 22nd, 2004, 04:51:55 PM
Spada stood up from the swoop bike and walked to its rear, taking his cloak out and slipping it on. Closing the trunk, he felt in the inner pocket of his cloak, finding the object inside and looking up at Sarr.

"This is a good place to find some vendors trying to rip people off with prices way above what is sold during the morning. Don't ever settle for their price... ever."

Looking around, he saw a building with a light still on and nodded towards it, saying,

"Lets check here first."

Sarr Koon
May 22nd, 2004, 05:48:08 PM
Sarr turned to face where Spada had nodded and drew his cloak about him. He wore the traditional Jedi garb under his cloak and didn't want to attract to much attention from the denizens of Coruscant. His lightsaber hung from his belt and shifted slightly as he moved.

"Let's go check it out."

spada
May 23rd, 2004, 10:48:08 AM
Spada walked to his swoop, pressing a button on the swoop and turning around walking down the street, breathing in the open night air before stepping through the door. A quiet chime sounded as each of them stepped in, and a Gran walked out to see them. His eyes dances around, looking the two of them over as he said very friendly,

"Welcome! Would you like to see what i have to sell?"

Spada kept his arms crossed and said,

"Yes, take us there."

He glanced back to Sarr, saying telepathically,

'Remember. He's just trying to seem nice. Don't settle for what he shows, because he will probably have better to sell and won't bring it out unless he thinks he'll lose a customer.'

Sarr Koon
May 23rd, 2004, 02:17:04 PM
Sarr gave a brief inclination of his head to show Spada that he understood. The two Kel Dor followed the Gran as he led them to his merchandise. Within minutes they stood before a rather beat up looking ship. Sarr glanced over to Spada. Not exactly a Starmite-class freighter.

spada
May 23rd, 2004, 02:49:33 PM
Spada looked up and down the ship, looking dissapointed as best he could.

"What piece of bantha fodder is this?"

The Gran rushed foward, holding his hands clasped together, and said,

"It's a Blade-30. Very reliable..."

"Yea, and they also can't even get off a planets atmosphere and this one has had its weapons stripped from it. What else do you have?"

The Gran nervously squeezed his hands together, saying,

"But this is the best I have..."

In that instant, Spada unlocked the alien's mind. It may have felt like a prick on the alien's head, but either way he didn't notice. Spada read his mind as fast as possible and said in reply,

"What about a freighter? Something bigger than this."

He glanced back to Sarr, telepathically saying,

"He has a Starmite Freighter. You must've read that too."

The Gran looked at his feet, saying,

"I...I'll give you a bargain... 2,000 credits!"

Spada and Sarr began to walk off when the Gran cried out,

"No please! Fine! I'll show you my Freighter!"

Spada would have smiled if he had no mask on, and he turned, following the man to a hangar door, which the alien opened quickly with a code. Inside was the dented, scratched up shape of a Starmite-Class Freighter. It definately needed work, but it was exactly what Sarr was looking for.

"Mmm... the force works in mysterious ways. How much."

"This is SorroSuub... 10,000."

Spada and Sarr stared down the slaesman.

"Alright that was crazy... 5000..."

Spada and Sarr glanced at each other and stared again.

"I...I can't go any lower than... 4,500."

"3,500 and you have a deal. A heap of manufactured metal doesn't cost 4,500, no matter what it 'used' to be."

The Gran whipped out a datapad, punched a few numbers in, and thought a minute. Holding in a smile, he said,

"Fine... but just so you know you're ripping me off. Jedi shouldn't rip people off!"

Spada turned to Sarr, pulling out the object he was looking for before, which was a handful high value credits. asking quietly,

"Where are you're credits?"

Sarr Koon
May 24th, 2004, 11:13:33 PM
The shorter of the two Kel Dor had to muster every bit of self control he possessed to not laugh at the exchange between the Gran and Spada. Spada had a talent for persuading people without the use of the Force and Sarr admired that. He was not much of a bargaining perosn.

"Where are you're credits?"

Sarr reached into the folds of his cloak and pulled credit vouchers that equaled the amount that was needed. He passed them over to Spada.

spada
May 25th, 2004, 06:35:25 PM
Spada gathered Sarr's credits, which equaled 3,075, and pulled out 500 of his own credits. Handing them to the Gran, he said mockingly,

"Keep the change... since were ripping you off soo much."

Grabbing a folder the Gran held out for him, he opened it with one of his claws and pulled out a keycard and an envelope containing the codes for the ship. Spada placed the objects back inside and tossed them to Sarr, saying,

"You start it up."

Sarr Koon
May 25th, 2004, 10:24:43 PM
Sarr caught the folder in an out-stretched clawed hand. He turned to look at his new ship. It didn't look like much, but he and Spada would be seeing to that. The Kel Dor couldn't help but admire the tear-dropped shape vessel that was now his.

Walking up the ramp that led to the hatch, Sarr's boots reverberated against the metal softly. He reached inside of the folder and pulled out the keycard and slid it through the pad on the side of the hatch. The door hissed and sprang open. The Kel Dor turned and beckoned slightly to Spada as he stepped into the Starmite-calss freighter.

spada
May 26th, 2004, 08:37:46 PM
Spada followed Sarr through the rusted, dented up hull of she ship. The last owner obviously did not give it the care it needed, and it definitely showed. Walking to the cockpit, he sat in the copilots seat and waited for Sarr to light it up.

"Just take it out front first to get my speeder. You do know how to fly right?"

Sarr Koon
May 26th, 2004, 11:24:08 PM
Sarr was pleased to see that the inside of the ship looked much better then the exterior. Taking his seat at the front of the cockpit he activated the ships power. Immediatly the vessel sprang to life and began to hum.

"Yes, I was taught to pilot back on Dorin. I can't say that I'm anywhere among the best, however."

Sarr activated the ships repulsors and he felt it lift off the ground. The ship rattled a couple times but him and Spada would be fixing that problem when they got the kinks out of the old Starmite freighter. He lifted the ship clear of the building and back onto the ground outside. The entire ship shuddered upon the landing.

spada
May 27th, 2004, 08:06:48 PM
Stepping off the ship, Spada strode over to his speeder, stopping in front of it and holding his hand out, using the force to deactivate the bike's alarm which he had installed. Grabbing the swoop's handles, he pushed it easily because of its repulsors.

Pushing the ship up the ramp, he waslked back to the cockpit and said,

"Let's take it for a spin before bringing it in. We can find some problems with it in the test."

Sarr Koon
May 27th, 2004, 08:54:43 PM
Sarr nodded wordlessly to Spada and once again activated the ships repulsors. The ship climbed upwards through the atmosphere and entered the gigantic void that was space. Endless numbers of stars went off into the distance.

"Care to try the ships hyperdrive? I'm anxious to know what it can do. It certaintly won't make .5 past lightspeed."

spada
May 28th, 2004, 12:53:41 PM
Spada tried to get a feeling of the plane, making mental notes of some things that needed work. As Sarr asked about hyperdrive, he nodded, saying to him,

"Yes, but what coordinates do you suggest we put in?"

Sarr Koon
May 28th, 2004, 01:25:44 PM
"What is the closest system to Coruscant?"

spada
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:20:47 PM
Spada shrugged, saying,

"Dunno... just close your eyes and punch something in."

Sarr Koon
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:04:00 PM
The shorter of the two Kel Dor keyed in a coordinate not to far away from their present location. He hoped his new ship was up to hyperspace travel.