PDA

View Full Version : EU Books - what should I read?

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 01:14:53 PM
I haven't read much EU...and not in a while. So I'm kinda out of the loop. Can people recommend books that I should read, and ones I shouldn't touch with a 10-foot barge pole (or alternative long instrument)?

I've read (In no particular order):
X-Wing Series - Michael A Stackpole/Aaron Alliston (All 9)
Courtship of Princess Leia
Darksaber
Truce at Bakura
Black Fleet Crisis

And some more that I don't remember the titles of. I read about Mara Jade and the wonky Jedi clones...including Luuke or something. And there was the ones about Daothmir...and I remember reading a trilogy other than Black Fleet...the ones with Kyp Durron in, I think. Anyone know which ones I actually read? Lol.

My sister has a load, so I can beg/borrow/steal the good ones that she has, and maybe buy some of the rest.

Oh, yeah. I remember someone mentioning that Wraith Squadron was in the NJO books. Wraith Squadron is such a cool idea...which ones are they in?

March Kalas
May 23rd, 2004, 06:21:43 PM
I'm not sure, but if you haven't read Timothy Zahn's books, they're probably some of the best out there (particularly his most recent).

Telan Desaria
May 25th, 2004, 06:15:51 PM
As an Imperial, you need to read:

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Spectre of the Past
Vision of the Future

Do NOT read under any circumstances lest your view of SW be irreparably skewed:

Children of the Jedi
Planet of Twilight
Crystal Star
I, Jedi
Tales from Jabba's Palace
Tas from the Mos Eisly Cantina

Ok-ish

Shadows of the Empire

Good!

Tales from the Empire
Tales from the New Republic

Kyle Raiden
May 25th, 2004, 06:26:00 PM
Spectre of the Past
Vision of the Future

Who are those two by? I've read the trilogy at the top...don't remember what it's called, but I've read them.

Tales from the Empire
Tales from the New Republic

Same question as above.

I've either read the rest, or am not going to. Although, my view of Star Wars isn't skewed by reading EU...its skewed because Marcus Force-panned me. :\

Nathanial K'cansce
May 25th, 2004, 10:46:39 PM
Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future were written by Timothy Zahn, God of Star Wars books.

he also wrote:

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Marcus Telcontar
May 26th, 2004, 05:09:00 AM
I, Jedi

Wrong. I, Jedi is much better than the utter tripe you lumped it with.

Kyle Raiden
May 26th, 2004, 06:52:25 AM
Thats the one about Corran Horn, right...written in first person? Maybe thats why some people don't like it...*shrug*

I was actually gonna buy and read it anyway. I like the other books I've read by Michael Stackpole (X-Wing series 1-4, 8), so I thought I'd give it a go. Is it worth the effort of dragging myself down a book shop?

Atreyu
Nov 13th, 2004, 07:54:09 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
Wrong. I, Jedi is much better than the utter tripe you lumped it with.
Agreed. I, Jedi is great, though the first person perspective it's written in can take a bit of getting used to.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 02:13:33 PM
I third, or forth or whatever it is; I Jedi is great.

I also really love Timoty Zahns works. You MUST try it :)

Telan Desaria
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:55:14 PM
I didnt like it simply because it was in first peron. If it were re written in traditional sw format I might like it.