PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Tv Series?

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2004, 10:30:51 AM
This is from TFN

AICN has new rumors regarding the upcoming Star Wars TV series set for some time after Episode 3:

Playing one of the series' villans we love to hate is none other than... wait for it... Boba Fett! Expect young Boba (but not nearly as young as in Ep. 2) to feature in the series significantly. And you wondered why Lucas spent so much time focusing on that kid in Attack of the Clones and made sure that you knew that he knew that the Jedi/Republic was responsible for his Dad's death.
This rumor is unconfirmed, but it would be cool if it were true. It allows the series to follow a character throughout the universe seeing different aliens, planets, and characters from both the Rebellion and the Empire. Stay tuned as we dig around!

Now I could go with that Fett is a great character and you could really build a series around him, if you wanted to.

JMK
May 20th, 2004, 10:38:15 AM
I think I would prefer a series of Vader's beginnings, but a series with Boba Fett would be welcome as well.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 20th, 2004, 10:49:40 AM
I think a boba series would be cool:cool

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 10:51:37 AM
Yeah...but speaking of his dad, what a way to die!

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 20th, 2004, 11:19:53 AM
I think that Jango should have put up more of a fight than he did. I think that he could have fired faster than that.

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 11:26:43 AM
*shrug* Meh. Even if he had fired faster, Windu'd have deflected it anyway. And he had just got smacked into by a very large reptile thing. I'm surprised he even managed to shoot the darn thing as well as he did.

I can only forsee one problem with a Boba Fett series. After AOTC...how did he get away? I mean, he's too short to see out of the cockpit on Slave 1...

JMK
May 20th, 2004, 11:28:34 AM
What I'd like to know is what suit he wore after his dad got his melon lopped off. There no way in the universe that he could have just used his dad's gear and just started hunting. His head totally wouldn't have fit in Jango's helmet!

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 11:30:55 AM
Yeah...especially if he forgot to take his dad's out first. ;)

Is it me, or does everyone else think that Jango's armour was cooler than Boba's?

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 20th, 2004, 07:38:59 PM
Well. I think that boba's armor is better because it was first. I just like the brown scruffy look better.

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2004, 10:10:47 PM
He obiviously found it some where but I am not sure I guess the EU might eventually explain this or maybe this TV series. There were these Boba Fett kid novels out I haven't read them though I wanted to pick them up and see what they said about young Boba.

Sable
May 21st, 2004, 08:42:34 AM
I think I'd watch it if its not a cartoon.

JMK
May 21st, 2004, 10:21:25 AM
I'd almost prefer a cartoon. I'd hate to think that a Star Wars series feels like Stargate SG-1 as opposed to the movie. It's just a watered down, drawn out boredom fest.

Jedi Master Carr
May 21st, 2004, 10:41:19 AM
Heh Stargate Sg-1 has its moments not sure how a live action Star Wars TV series would work. Maybe something like that Battlestar Glattica series they are making.

Kyle Raiden
May 21st, 2004, 10:43:39 AM
Hey...what's wrong with SG-1?!

*points at his avatar*

JMK
May 21st, 2004, 12:58:29 PM
heh heh heh

C'mon, it wasn't as cool as the movie, and MacGyver is no Kurt Russel! ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 21st, 2004, 01:37:51 PM
Lol it some ways its better than the movie but that is a different topic. Actually I have seen the show in awhile I missed part of one season and just haven't been able to get back into it since.

Kyle Raiden
May 21st, 2004, 03:07:25 PM
The TV series is actually more believable than the movie. It added depth to the stuff. Ok, so Kurt Russel and RDA played the part of O'Neill differently, but I personally prefer the RDA character. He's funny. SG-1 is a fun program. Thats what its there for.

There's tons of cool stuff in there, but at the end of the day, its a lighter-hearted approach to sci-fi than most.

RDA plays the part that he was cast for very well. And, if you stick with it, you actually see some pretty diverse acting from everyone. I honestly don't think that Kurt Russel could have pulled the part off...certainly not the part RDA was cast for.

I like the new O'Neill. I also like all of the cool stuff SG-1 introduced. If it weren't for SG-1, I'd never have fallen in love with the fighter even more beautiful than the A-Wing...

*drools over a poster of a naked F-302* Soon we'll be together, my sweet...

O'Neill: "Haven't you people ever heard the story about the dog and the three dancing monkeys?"

Back to Boba...I think it would actually work having a Boba TV series. Maybe not a fully-fledged one...just a mini-series or something. But if you think about it, Boba is just a clone of Jango. Most of the time, he could be "played" by the same guy that was the stock Clone Trooper...thats what Boba would grow up into. As he gets older, they bring back the guy that played Jango.

Ok, so its not going to be quite so spectacular as the movies, but the technology is around to pull off stuff like that. Leaping back to SG-1, they do a whole lot of space battle stuff, cgi, energy weapon stuff, and all sorts.

They could (if they wanted to) make a live action Boba series work.

Jedieb
May 21st, 2004, 11:41:43 PM
There are a series of childhood EU novels featuring the young Boba. They explain everything from how he got off Geonosis, to where he stashed Jango's armor. If I remember right, he has Slave I stolen from him by none other than Aurra Sing. I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I read the book.

For me, that's besides the point. I'm just terrified of a live action SW TV series. I'm praying that if we see any TV, it will be strictly animation. I remember how excited I was when I was a kid and the Ewok TV movie was making it's way to ABC. It premiered and I was literally stunned at how god awful it was. To make it worse, they made a second one that was just as bad. You lump those 2 with the Holiday Special and you see the horror that is SW TV. Now I know that some people might think I'm ignoring how underwhelming the Droids and Ewok cartoon series were. (They were okay for the era. I liked them, but they were far from great.) I'm not ignoring them. They're not proof of how good a SW animated series could be. The proof of that can be found in Cartoon Network's Clone Wars series. I'm sure you can find some people out there that didn't like them, but the fact remains that the response to those 20 shorts was overwhelmingly positive. Imagine if they'd get the greenlight for 30 minute episodes?

A weekly live action series simply can't do SW justice. You'd be going from a budget of $125M for 2 hours of film, to $2-$4M for a one hour TV show. It would simply be too cheesy IMO. I'm really dreading this if they go on with a live Fett series.

Jedi Master Carr
May 21st, 2004, 11:51:27 PM
I guess we will have to wait and see it could end up being animated.

JMK
May 22nd, 2004, 07:40:34 AM
That's my fear as well Eb. Star Wars has an epic feel, and there's no way they cram an epic into a 30 minute show, regardless of how many shows there may be. I'd prefer a cartoon, that way if it stinks I can choose to ignore it. Somehow, when it's live action, whether it's good or bad, it has to be acknowledged.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2004, 12:45:31 PM
They should make it a comedy sitcom. ;)

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 12:48:04 PM
They could film it in front of a live studio audience!!

*doorbell rings* "I wonder who it is..." *gasp* "Its this week's special guest...Darth Vader!!"

:D

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2004, 02:01:08 PM
This week's gag is Han Solo yelling at Chewie for clogging up the shower drain ...again!

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 02:02:35 PM
Uncle Luuuuuuke...the Ewok bit the postman again...

Dae Jinn
May 22nd, 2004, 03:10:30 PM
They'll make into a "reality" show, sillies. Sitcoms = teh lame now.

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 04:42:08 PM
Day 53, in the Big Boba house: Queen Amidala comes to visit, while Threepio and Artoo argue ova who ate the last chocolate digestive. Also, Obi Wan demonstrates why you shouldn't run while holdin a lightsaber.

Edit:
The above is my lame attempt at a Big Brother joke. If you don't find it funny, then its pobably because it only works in the accent I just said it in. If I haven't already destroyed all semblance of humour with this edid, and you would like to hear my lame attempt at the correct accent, please drop me a PM, and I will refer you to my psychiatrist. :p

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 04:42:08 PM
I did it again...:cry

Sable
May 22nd, 2004, 04:51:51 PM
http://groupies.sharnyl.net/forums/uploads/smil40ae0528900c2.gif
http://groupies.sharnyl.net/forums/uploads/smil40ae061ebe6f0.gif

Figrin D'an
May 25th, 2004, 04:48:22 PM
Animation is the only way to go for any kind of Star Wars TV series. Clone Wars proved to me that it can be done, and be done very well if the right people are at the helm. Live action would end up being, as has been stated, cheesy.

Although, I'd much rather see something entirely new, like a series dealing with an era long before the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Empire. New characters, new plotlines. Do some Old Republic stories.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2004, 08:10:55 PM
How about the rise of the Old Republic? :D

Jedieb
May 27th, 2004, 08:30:03 PM
An animated SW Tales would be a dream come true for me. Everyone could get what the wanted. One week you could have a Luke, Leia, and Han adventure, the next week Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. How about an episode featuring a Padawan named Yoda? Think of the possibilities. Forget continuity, just crank out some great stories.

Sarr Koon
May 29th, 2004, 11:07:02 PM
There is only one person better then Boba Fett in the Star Wars universe and it's Plo Koon. A series of the most skilled bounty hunter in the galaxy would IMO freaking own. Who wouldn't love to watch 30minute or maybe hour long episodes of Boba Fett collecting bounties and kicking butt?

However, if it's animation...I wont watch it. Simple as that.

Is Boba Fett a villain?

Jedieb
Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:41:18 PM
No, he's not a villian. He's a clone who screams like a girl when he gets knocked into the Sarlac by a blind man. :evil Picture it, Fett plowing through hordes of bad guys, week after week! And all of the fight scenes brought to you with the same kind of cheese Zena and Hercules episodes gave us! :cry

March Kalas
Jun 9th, 2004, 01:03:59 PM
I find it annoying that some people say that the Republic and the Jedi are responsible for Jango's death. Jango is responsible for Jango's death. Yeah, he's a great bounty hunter, but he got way overconfident. Challenging the second most skilled jedi in the galaxy? I actually think Jango would have flown away with his jet pack, but that huge monster messed it up (did you notice those sparks?). I wonder why he didn't use his flame thrower though. What could Mace have done about that, taken off the rest of his clothes?

JMK
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:02:54 PM
Now that Lucas has CG at his disposal he could have made Jango do anything he wanted. Like a protective force bubble.

But if you want to be a nitpicky fan boy, you could argue that since the Reek messed up his jetpack, it also could have messed up the flow of fuel from his backpack to the flame thrower. I believe the jetpack and flame thrower use the same fuel source.

March Kalas
Jun 9th, 2004, 02:16:11 PM
that's probably true, because in the game Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, that's how it works I think.

JMK
Jun 9th, 2004, 03:24:00 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. :thumbup