PDA

View Full Version : Deep Core RP

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2004, 12:44:55 AM
Inspired by The Abyss, I thought it might be interesting to do an RP based off of this classic.

Basically, instead of a nuclear sub, the 'sunken ship' in question is a Star Destroyer. It is carrying a new form of sensor equipment that is in its' prototypical hases. Anyways. The Star Destroyer was downed over an oceanic planet, Elo'Hanna, plunged into the atmosphere, and essentially sunk to the bottom of a sea trench that I'll call the Bru'lien Trench. All hands on board were lost.

The cause of the accident is not known by those in the Sov, but what it was was a new, experimental Terrisz'Voss craft that inadvertantly caused it. Because of their Technological alliance with the Fed, they were testing out a new form of cloaking device that ultimately does not work, but none-the-less the nature of the tech involved still made it impossible for the Star Destroyer to recover from the close encounter. Ergo, they sunk to the bottom of the big blue.

Enter the Sov top brass. They order that the Star Destroyer be recovered using any means necessary, and so they end up strongarming one of Terrisz'Voss' smaller underwater mining subsidiaries, Deep Core, to get the job done. So, the Sov packs up one of Deep Core's submersible drilling platforms, and carts the crew off to Elo'Hanna. Of course the Sov send their own men along to oversee and recover the experimental tech - being the hardened, Imperial professionals they are :p

To throw a monkey wrench into it all, the Fed has decided to send their own small fleet to try and get their hands on this sensor tech. The fleet is led by Admiral Piett.

Just so you guys know, I've already talked to Khendon about this, and he has promised me that he has no plans on taking the ship - so there are no worries of losing anything to the Fed.

Now. The crew of the drilling platform Deep Core 7 are:

Red Kilgore or more commonly just Red
Icebox
Fish
Juicer
Raver
TK

I'll more than likely be throwing s'Il into it, as well

I'm thinking that the conclusion will be that yes, the tech is recovered successfully, but it's also learned that Terrisz'Voss was behind the disaster (inciting further a possible need to quell this upstart planet), so the Fed fleet ends up performing a rescue mission for the Deep Core 7 crew by the end of it rather than a tech salvage operation.

And that's my idea.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
May 20th, 2004, 01:27:55 AM
This is interesting. I may deploy a Condor Fleet Tender to the area and offer assistance if needed.

Jarek T'chort
May 20th, 2004, 04:00:39 AM
Sounds great. The Abyss was an excellent movie up till when the aliens came into it. If you need a Lt. Coffey type character I'm interested.

Travis North
May 20th, 2004, 02:27:06 PM
Looks cool.

Telan Desaria
May 20th, 2004, 03:40:28 PM
Replace Star Destroyer with Broadsword-class Siege Monitor.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:33:28 PM
Really quick before I go to work; I want to get back to starting this, as it's looking like I'll be having more regular net time. Would anybody else still be interested in doing this RP?

Jarek T'chort
Sep 9th, 2004, 06:43:04 AM
Yep.

Travis North
Sep 9th, 2004, 01:19:02 PM
Sure

Telan Desaria
Sep 9th, 2004, 04:10:38 PM
Of course.

Teleran Balades
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:53:09 PM
Sure, though I can't be certain about how often I can post.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 10th, 2004, 12:47:25 PM
awesome. Things might have to be changed around though because I haven't seen Piett on in a while, but I'm sure something can be worked out, so I'm not worried.

which reminds me; Matt, we might have to restructure the whole aftermath of killing s'Il. I'll PM you.

Telan Desaria
Sep 11th, 2004, 08:29:56 AM
Very well.

Tiberius Anar
Sep 11th, 2004, 03:48:11 PM
What's this. Killing s'il? Not before she's killed de Nostradaum I hope!