Droo
May 19th, 2004, 08:07:46 PM
So there is a God. >D

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 08:08:13 PM
do not mock me :cry

Droo
May 19th, 2004, 08:09:48 PM
The only thing 'actor' David BORE-anez was gifted with was hair. So, did he die? :D

Zasz Grimm
May 19th, 2004, 08:10:59 PM
Originally posted by Dru
So there is a God. >D

I wish you endless torment. [/arthas]

I have to side with Dani here. I watched the show through all of the seasons- religously even. Until I moved, but I caught up on the missed episodes today.

The ending was good, I thought- as far as finale's go. And something sticks out in my mind. Illryia said it- she became my new 'favorite' character while she was there.

"This grief is too much. I wish more violence.

I wish it wasn't over. :cry

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 08:12:21 PM
No

BAH HA

Droo
May 19th, 2004, 08:12:38 PM
Having said that though, the series, from what I saw was decent; some really funny parts too; the green demon guy rocked the casbah.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 08:13:44 PM
poor Lorne

He had to kill Lindsey ... The last thing he ever did for Angel. Lorne is the man poor guy :(

Zasz Grimm
May 19th, 2004, 08:14:49 PM
There was more than just him. Amy Acker was awesome ( Fred then Illryia. ) she really pulled that role and did it good

It's a bit depressing. I hope there's a show spin-off somehow. Which explains what happens after that ending. Maybe something involving spike.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 19th, 2004, 08:20:27 PM
The few episodes I watched inspired nothing but boredom from me.

Zasz Grimm
May 19th, 2004, 08:21:11 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
The few episodes I watched inspired nothing but boredom from me.

good for you, glad you liked it.

Crystal
May 19th, 2004, 08:34:09 PM
Originally posted by Dru
So there is a God. >D

SHUT UP! :mad

That was really depressing.. I feel so bad for Wesly. He'll never see Fred again. :(

It was a really amazing episode.. I just can't belive they ended it. What's wrong with them?!!

Droo
May 19th, 2004, 08:40:39 PM
Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking but I sent you away, oh Mandy.

lol!

Anbira Hicchoru
May 19th, 2004, 09:00:20 PM
Originally posted by Dru

lol!

(Pauses...then violently smashes the guitar against the stair railing)

Sorry.

Razielle Shadana
May 19th, 2004, 09:04:11 PM
-sniffles-

loved the ending...

Darth Chicken
May 19th, 2004, 09:26:52 PM
Originally posted by Dru

lol!

Now see here you young pup, there will be no playing of bad music on my watch, what what! why in my day if w played music it was the good ol 5th, with Flappy up the front humming along as we gave Jerry the ol what ho. Now if you dont want a stern talking to, I want to hear better music from now on.

Crystal
May 19th, 2004, 11:33:01 PM
:hug Darth Chicken

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 03:54:25 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a series set in England coming out...Watcher, or something? I remember hearing about them planning it, and I think they started filming...but I'm not sure.

I haven't seen Angel in aaaaaages. I only saw one episode with Spike in, and I didn't see much before that. I saw the first 3 series, a couple of the 4th, then I missed loads. :( The TV people put it on at a different time, and didn't bother to advertise it...stupid TV people. :cry

Was the ending as good as Buffy's?

Shawn
May 20th, 2004, 04:12:30 AM
The ending slapped Buffy's around with a 2x4. It was one of the best episodes of Television I've seen.

"This work has become unsavory."

"Do you want me to lie to you now?"

"Do you know what's the word in that sentence you shouldn't have just said?"

The scene with Wesley was so sad. That was probably one of the most tragic death scenes I've ever seen.

Adraudia Basillie
May 20th, 2004, 09:40:56 AM
The episode alone slapped the entire season 6 and 7 of Buffy around like it was nothing. Man those were terrible years >_<

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2004, 10:49:27 AM
Originally posted by Adraudia
The episode alone slapped the entire season 6 and 7 of Buffy around like it was nothing. Man those were terrible years >_<
Still don't get what peopel dislike about them :)

As an aside, Whedon said on a message board(Think it was a MB anyway):

Can’t stay long. Wanted to say thank you one more time, to all of you except anyone who ever criticized anything ever at all.

I came on these boards in Buffy’s first year and the support -- and even the criticism -- has been more helpful than I can type. I set out in television with one simple goal: to purchase a russian bride. Didn’t work out. Immigration stuff -- it’s complicated.

But I did get to make this show, and that other one, and that other other one, and meet some of the best artists and the best friends I’ve ever known.

I had dinner with Tim Minear the other night, and we talked about what kind of show we want to make next.

And it always comes back to the same themes... people getting strength. People helping out. People being thankful for whatever they have, be it power, a decent life, or a fun-tastic russian bride.

And I’m thankful that for the last eight years my cohorts and I got to feel like the superheroes. Cause of y’all. I don’t know if the Buffyverse is going to return to TV, but I hope so, and I know we’ll be putting SOMETHING out there. Maybe on HBO, ’cause I like me some cussin’.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 20th, 2004, 10:52:32 AM
Still don't get what peopel dislike about them

i could write an essay on them of why they were poor. So I won't .. cuz I won't get graded :lol And it isn't worth it. What's done is done.

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 10:56:37 AM
I think six was bad, yeah. But towards the end, seven was ok. I think they took the idea of having Faith as well as Buffy, and took it too far. But then they fixed it, by bringing back the sexiest person to ever hold a stake...

*stares at Dale's avatar*

I can think of worse ways to die that being slayed by Faith. :D

And is it me, or did Buffy become less hot? She looked way too much like her mom in sez 7...and way too much like a teacher. :cry I want cute Buffy back!!

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2004, 11:13:40 AM
Yeah I hate Faith and Eliza Dushku .... you all know me :mischief

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 11:28:43 AM
I think Eliza comes about 5th on my all-time Fave Fems list. Right behind my girlfriend, my mom, one of my sisters, and the nice lady that used to give me free ice cream. :D

Crystal
May 20th, 2004, 01:41:44 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Raiden
And is it me, or did Buffy become less hot? She looked way too much like her mom in sez 7...and way too much like a teacher. :cry I want cute Buffy back!!

I've never thought that buffy was cute in anyway.. :huh I actually think she's kind of ugly, especially when she smiles. Faith on the other hand, is a pretty woman :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 20th, 2004, 01:42:40 PM
Willow is where the hotness is at.

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 01:44:44 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Willow is where the hotness is at.

She be una lesbionista. Nice to look at, but no fun to be had if your a guy. :D ;)

Buffy was the first crush I ever had...I had a massive poster of her at the end of my bed. First thing I saw when I woke up was her cleevage... :rollin Happy days...

Dasquian Belargic
May 20th, 2004, 01:46:27 PM
She be una lesbionista. Nice to look at, but no fun to be had if your a guy.

Well thankfully I don't have that problem to worry about :lol

I still have a poster of Buffy on my wall :cool

Shawn
May 20th, 2004, 01:51:48 PM
I'm not normally into posters too much, but I wouldn't mind an Illyria poster to hang on my wall.

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2004, 01:56:21 PM
I don't think Buffy is ugly, but I wouldn't say she was overly attractive. Definetely not as good as Faith, Fred, Cordy (And before you ask, I'VE SEEN THEM :) ) or, using all Whedon programs, Kaylee.

Crystal
May 20th, 2004, 02:41:21 PM
Who's Kaylee? Is this Kaylee?

http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=662928

Dasquian Belargic
May 20th, 2004, 02:52:15 PM
What the frell is going on with her hair?! o_O

ReaperFett
May 20th, 2004, 05:13:01 PM
"First off, I'm not wearing any amulets" :lol

Great Butch and Sundance ending. Just a shame it couldn't have been longer.

Crystal
May 20th, 2004, 06:21:05 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
What the frell is going on with her hair?! o_O

She was on an old Nick show I used to watch called "Space Cases" about these kids that had snuck aboard a starship or something. It was like a mix of Farscape and Star Trek with pre-teens.

Edit:http://s94915156.onlinehome.us/goth.jpg

I sure see her alot for someone who doesn't even watch Firefly

imported_Blade Ice
May 21st, 2004, 12:17:20 AM
Firefly was canceled sadly. :\

I loved that show and hope they decide quickly that there going to make a movie of it.

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2004, 04:40:46 AM
They are making it. Right now, IIRC.

ReaperFett
May 21st, 2004, 05:12:34 AM
You are correct. Same cast, full on Whedon vision.

Isn't there supposed to be a series set in England coming out...Watcher, or something? I remember hearing about them planning it, and I think they started filming...but I'm not sure.
Ripper IIRC, which would focus on Giles. I hear it would be a BBC project jointly, so it would be less likely to be cancelled.

As of now though, there is nothing. First Whedon has Serenity and Astonishing X-men, then he might want to do something different.

Master Yoghurt
May 21st, 2004, 08:21:24 AM
:: never really watched Buffy. Is clueless about the show ::

Jarek T'chort
May 21st, 2004, 09:51:11 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
:: never really watched Buffy. Is clueless about the show ::

Heh. I thought I was the only one who had no appreciation for that show.

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2004, 10:31:50 AM
hey I have no appreciation for Firefly :p

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2004, 01:18:42 PM
Firefly is so awesome. I just got done watching the entire only season of it on DVD. Now for the special features... :D

Crystal
May 21st, 2004, 02:54:57 PM
Originally posted by Jarek T'chort
Heh. I thought I was the only one who had no appreciation for that show.

I just like Angel. I've only watched season two of buffy, and only because it was one rental for all of it at blockbuster. I have no intrest in seeing anymore >_<

Well, I'm kind of curious what a hellmouth is and what happened to Spike. :huh

Dae Jinn
May 21st, 2004, 03:19:23 PM
Season 2 was my favorite season, simply for Spike and Dru. Then they brought in Faith (who I disliked right away >_< I watched Tru Calling, and enjoyed her in that though, so whatever.) They made Spike "good" and had the whole thing with Buffy and him. I loved Anya and Xander as a couple, and they wrecked that. They made Willow a lesbian, which wasn't bad, but I liked her with Oz. I always like when the geeky girl gets the cool guy ^_^;

I stopped watching mid-way through season 3, and restarted watching later. I saw the first episode of Angel and really hated it. It got better as it went though - I loved Lorne, I'm glad they used Wes in this show and changed his character A LOT from how he was on Buffy. The only thing I didnt get was why Connor was so mneh. :cry

Kyle Raiden
May 21st, 2004, 03:19:29 PM
Here's a "brief" summery about Hellmouths, and Spike...

Watch out: Spoiler frenzy...

A hellmouth is, as the name suggests, the mouth of hell. Basically, its like a magnet for evil things...which is why all the demons show up all the time. Things can get in and out of hell at the hellmouth. Occasionally, it gets opened, and a big scary demon comes out. But only occasionally. The rest of the time, it just messes with people's mojo.

Ok...Spike 101

Spike is a vampire...at least, he was. He was sired by Drucilla, who was sired by Angelus. Spike, Dru, Angel and Darla (the one who sired Angel) hung around together. Spike keeps popping up in Angel's history...like on the German sub.

Spike was an evil boss dude at one point, but there was a whole thing with evil Angel and him getting crushed under a church. He came back, only to be captured by a secret underground organisation of "slayer" soldiers, known as the Initiative. They put a chip in his head, which meant that he couldn't attack humans...it caused him too much pain.

Spike became a "good guy" when he discovered that he could hurt demons, even if he couldn't hurt humans. He helped the scooby gang out for a while.

My memory becomes a bit hazy at this point, so I'll keep it simple. Spike fell in love with Buffy. Buffy and Spike had a fling. Mostly for sex, really. Buffy broke it off. But Spike was obsessed. He had a "Buffy bot" made...but that got broken. Lots of stuff happened. Basically, Spike LOVED Buffy. So much, in fact, that he got so desperate in the love-making stakes that he actually ended up trying to force himself on her.

Spike then went and got himself a soul. He thought that, if he had a soul, he'd be like Angel, and Buffy would love him back. But it drove him cookoo. He realised everything he'd done was bad, especially to Buffy. He eventually got better, and Buffy and Spike sorta had a thing going. The whole time, Spike loved Buffy more than anything.

In the final episode, they found an amulet. It would only work when a vampire with a soul wore it. When nothing worked with Angel wearing it, Spike got it. In the end, Buffy, Faith, and millions of "potential slayers", spruced up with slayer-power, went into battle against uber-vamps...big nasty evil strong things. There were hundreds. Spike's amulet started to glow, and flooded the cave full of sunlight. All the uber-vamps died. So did Spike...and Sunnydale got turned into a smoking crater.

Then Spike came back as a ghost. I think. Not seen the stuff in Angel yet...

Did I miss anything, anyone?

ReaperFett
May 21st, 2004, 03:26:12 PM
Spike isn't a Ghost, but couldnt say exactly what happened. Didnt see the start of season 5.

Dae Jinn
May 21st, 2004, 03:35:33 PM
Spike came back as a ghost-type thingy on Angel. *shrugs*
The Buffy Finale = teh suck :( I was so disappointed by it.

Crystal
May 21st, 2004, 03:40:49 PM
Thanks for the brief, that explains alot. I was wondering why the heck Spike hd a soul too. I had some idea of why he was a ghost, but not the details.

Drucilla was cool just because she was kinda.. off. Like, with the bird. "You left it in a cage and didn't feed it. And now it's all dead, just like the last one" ^_^ The last two episodes of the season were the only ones that were even close to likeable, IMO

Edit: When he comes back on Angel, he comes out of an amulet.. probaly the one he wore when that happened. People can see him, and Fred says something about how he emits heat which isn't ghost like. but he basicly is a ghost.. walking through things, and all that.

ReaperFett
May 21st, 2004, 03:51:58 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
The Buffy Finale = teh suck :( I was so disappointed by it.
I liked it, it felt suitably important.

I never liked Drucilla though. Somethign about her character bugged me.

Dae Jinn
May 21st, 2004, 04:02:07 PM
Her fake accent? :p

Drusilla grew on me, I didnt like her at first either.

I'm sorry, the ending sucked. Buffy was supposed to be this girl who was trying to save the world while trying to have a normal life. The end got muddled with all the other million things they decided to throw into the series in the last few seasons *cough*Dawn*cough*

ReaperFett
May 21st, 2004, 04:04:20 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Her fake accent? :p
It could be :)

Season 6 had Once More With Feeling, Season 7 had Storyteller. How could you hate them???? :)

Crystal
May 21st, 2004, 04:28:57 PM
I'm curious.. how did they throw in her sister?

Kyle Raiden
May 21st, 2004, 04:52:28 PM
Thats a good one... she's not her "sister". She's the "Key" that closed an inter-dimensional portal or something. She was artificially created, and the memory of her implanted into Buffy and her mum by the monks when they wanted to hide her from Glory (a goddess, in the all-powerful sense). Buffy "died" when she decided that the fact that her sisters blood could close the portal meant that hers could too. Then she went to heaven, and the others brought her back...thats when the bonding with Spike started.

Dawn was an iffy character...but one that was kinda cool. Some of the stuff was cute...like the crush on Xander. The dude needs his head looked at...he was fantasising over all of the potential slayers!

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2004, 08:16:45 PM
oddly Drusilla's accent wasn't fake. it was the same one she had when she lived in England :p

Crystal
May 21st, 2004, 09:13:08 PM

Oh, I see. I figured it was just like "yeah hey. I've had a sister all my life I just never mentioned her untill she showed up randomly one day."

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 01:08:49 PM
This may seem like a dumb thing to say, but what happened to Oz? Last time I remember seeing him, he went over to LA to give that ring to Angel.

What happened to him? Why wasn't he in the last eps of Buffy? Or was he too busy helping his dad take over the world?

ReaperFett
May 22nd, 2004, 01:13:17 PM
He was meant to appear in season 6 of Angel I hear.

Kyle Raiden
May 22nd, 2004, 01:17:43 PM
Which one is/was Season 6? I have no idea which bits of Angel I actually saw. They kept showing it at, like, midnight, so I only saw it a few times. Then they stopped showing it, and then started again...it all got confusing.

Edit:

Woohoo...Posts in triple figures people...yay! *does a happy dance*

ReaperFett
May 22nd, 2004, 01:51:36 PM
Season 5 was the last one :)