PDA

View Full Version : The real Ep III title?

Marcus Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 05:36:33 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004223126,,00.html

Yeah, I can handle that name. But look int he article for something truly awful.

Gawd, please no. That would be just handling the fans with contempt

darth_mcbain
May 19th, 2004, 06:15:22 PM
Hang 10 - dude!!! :lol Somehow, I doubt both of those claims. The title wouldn't be too bad, but I somehow don't think that is what it will be. As for the other half, well, yeah - let's hope that isn't how it works...

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 19th, 2004, 08:30:27 PM
I think that george lucas has a little bit more of an imagination than that.

JMK
May 19th, 2004, 08:34:01 PM
You know what, I think that is most certainly something Lucas would do just because he has the ability to do so. I'm sure he wants to do something different every chance he gets and I'm sure this will be no different. I'm positive the final duel will not be a total brawl, but will have some kind of lame hitch to it.:\

I could live with that title though.

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2004, 09:45:51 PM
That is partly true I read part of the duel on TFN and the things are flying platforms that move back and forth or something and they use them to get across something. The title who knows we are talking about the sun here. Besides that title has been flooting around for months, so it may or may not be the title.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 19th, 2004, 09:48:30 PM
That sounds a little bit more belivable. The titel I could see that as it.

darth_mcbain
May 19th, 2004, 10:04:01 PM
What you've described, Carr sounds a lot better than surfboards. I can totally see moving platforms, but as for surfing, I can't quite see that... I guess only time will tell... :)

Marcus Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 10:14:13 PM
Whoah dude - That was some narly air over that lava wave! Righteous!

The platforms but tho WTF's me - what the hell are they doing there in the first place????

wether or not it's a clever troll or other rot, the title is believeable and quite acceptible. I'm just realyl worried over the pivitol fight being an excessive CGI fest. What is wrong with a moody and dark fight like Vader vs Skywalker int he death star? Or a skillful fast and furious fight like Maul vs Obiwan?

My hope was for a fast and furious fight in a dark and moody location - like at the edge of a volcano at night. would that not rock???? Why do we need CGI BS????

Frankly, we need to take the computer toys away from Lucas. There was nothign wrong with how he did things in the frist three moives

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2004, 11:21:13 PM
Well the lava bit has been there since the ROTJ novelization so that has to be CGI the rest I guess we will have to wait and see.

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 04:02:40 AM
I remember seeing something somewhere that said the title was Fall of the Jedi...I guess that was wrong, though. I think it'd make a groovy title...it sorta fits in with the theme of echoing the original trilogy...well, sorta.

I saw a little movie thingy with that title on, too. Had some clips from Ep3...it looks muy cooly. No lightsabers, but a huuuuuge army of AT-ATs, AT-STs, and AT-PTs. It was just a fan-made thing, put together with actual Ep3 footage...so I guess the title could just be wrong. *shrug* I'll try and find the addy for this movie thing for y'all.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:58:33 AM
Well the Title has been guessed according to Lucas this is from USA Today

We caught George Lucas wandering around the grounds with his daughter, Katie. The director said the title of Star Wars: Episode III won't officially be announced until November, when the first trailer hits theaters. But he conceded that fans on Web sites already have guessed correctly. So we threw a couple of rumored titles at him: Rise of the Empire? "No, that's not it," Lucas said. How about Revenge of the Sith? With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there ..."

Interesting he didn't want to say with Revenge of the Sith. I bet that is it, because it fits perfectly with the movie because that is what happens and it fits with Return of the Jedi.

JMK
Jun 15th, 2004, 09:55:13 AM
I doubt that quite it, but no doubt we've heard it before.

Going back to the duel, I agree 100% and then some with Marcus. This final duel between Obi Wan and Anakin should be a DARK, MOODY and violent clash. One on one, just like it was done in the OT. There is absolutely no need for this overuse of CG. I think someone does need to take Lucas' toys away, or at least limit the access he has to them.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:17:44 AM
Well the way he said it, I am certain either Revenge or Sith is in the title. I am still hoping for Revenge of the Sith to me that is a perfect title, but that is my opinion.

darth_mcbain
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:20:51 AM
I think that would be a good title, but just from past experience, something tells me that that won't be it - it will be something that we hadn't thought of, or that we'd thought of, but with a slightly different spin on it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 15th, 2004, 10:29:18 AM
Maybe Vegenance of the Sith or something like that.

JMK
Jun 15th, 2004, 11:30:30 AM
Revenge of the Sith would be a perfect name, but I just don't think Lucas will make it that obvious.

darth_mcbain
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:00:37 PM
Vengeance of the Sith - I like...

Wysperz
Jun 22nd, 2004, 03:42:10 PM
EP3: Lucas Comments On Episode III Title
Tue, Jun 15, 04 09:16:54 AM EDT

USA Today reports:

We caught George Lucas wandering around the grounds with his daughter, Katie. The director said the title of Star Wars: Episode III won't officially be announced until November, when the first trailer hits theaters. But he conceded that fans on Web sites already have guessed correctly. So we threw a couple of rumored titles at him: Rise of the Empire? "No, that's not it," Lucas said. How about Revenge of the Sith? With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there ..."

EP3: Episode III Info from LFL Marketing Meeting
Wed, Jun 16, 04 05:30:48 PM EDT

Yakface.com has posted some excellent info from the LFL Episode III merchandising meeting. Here are just a few of the highlights:

* On more than one instance, some of the artwork incorporated the lone word "REVENGE"
* First ep III teaser trailer debuts in Nov 2004
* First full trailer, April 2005
* Ep III Product release first week of April 2005
* Clone Wars series 1 & 2 DVD coming in Q1 of 2005
* Licenses renewed with BK & Pepsi / Frito-Lay

Taken from TheForce.Net website.

Dan the Man
Jun 23rd, 2004, 04:35:35 PM
Anybody remember another time when "Revenge" was used to goose nerds who got too nosy?

I think the old man is having fun with you guys.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 23rd, 2004, 05:33:59 PM
I still think it will be something similar to that Most likely Vegeance of the Sith it does fit with the series

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Jun 24th, 2004, 06:38:25 AM
IMO, I think it'll be: (In order of choices)

Rise of the Empire
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of the Sith
Fall of the Jedi