PDA

View Full Version : Everquest

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 19th, 2004, 11:24:45 AM
Who here has played it and what is it like.

Crystal
May 19th, 2004, 03:14:53 PM
I've played it. Not for very long though. I can't belive I wasted money on it. It's basicly killing stuff over and over untill you level.. then doing that again with bigger monsters. As far as I could tell, there were no quests to do, just things to kill. I got tired of it very quickly.

I'd recomend you check out some other games instead of EQ. Like Asheron's Call ^_^

Marcus Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 05:40:00 PM
rinse wash repeat. Rinse wash repeat. Staggeringly boring. Grind grind grind.

It's bad.

I want the time I wasted on it back.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 19th, 2004, 09:14:21 PM
Thanks for the advise.

Sanis Prent
May 19th, 2004, 11:30:48 PM
I'd rather drink strychnine.

Tear
May 20th, 2004, 12:36:17 AM
Its not for every one but theres a reason its lovingly nick named evercrack.

There are quests in the game. Hence the reason for the name everquest. There are probably thousands.

It is a grinding game where you the purpose is to gain levels, wealth, equipment etc and have fun while doing it.

To get levels to kill monsters for experiance. do so by yourself or a group whichever you prefer, although at higher levels youll lean toward the group side of things since monsters get tougher as you go.

If you play long enough youll land yourself in a guild or just maybe attend public raids(that are a blast) to kill dragons and stuff.

Personally i really enjoyed everquest. But...if your gonna decide to play it id wait for the sequal thats coming out soon, everquest 2.

If you have any more questions on the more dynamic things in the game feel free to ask me.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 20th, 2004, 10:56:02 AM
thanks Tear. I will take that into consideration.

imported_Firebird1
May 21st, 2004, 09:19:35 AM
I'd like to say that it was a good thing I tried it ouf for a week, but I would like that week back with intrust.

It was just too boring!

Drake Shadowstalker
May 29th, 2004, 02:13:00 PM
Original EQ was not that great IMO and I don't see how EQ2 is going to be much butter. I've seen a couple of the character models and had one hell of a laugh. They look completly ridiculous. The graphics and textures are good but just...I don't know...they look weird still.

As for the getting bored killing things part... If that turned you off then my advice to you is to not waste your time on MMORPGs. Every MMORPG on the market is nothing but that with a little questing on the side.

A MMORPG worth checking out is City of Heroes. I just got that last week and wow...it's awesome. Prior to buying it I had talked to several people and none of them seemed to be able to point out anything signifcantly wrong with the game. After playing for a week I would be inclined to agree that this game has few problems. The character creation is by far the most complex I have ever seen. Designing your Heroes look can take quite a bit of time because there are so many options available.