PDA

View Full Version : Dark Days, Darker Nights

Quay'Na Rakai
May 18th, 2004, 04:55:25 PM
She saw the look of fear in Brent Yagher's eyes as she held her sabre at his neck. Revenge was so near and so sweet, she could taste it. The hatred Quay'Na felt was empowering. It called to her, coaxed her, wouldn't let her forget...

Quay'Na awakened with a jolt. Her breathing in gasps, her night shirt sweaty. Night after night, this had been happening.

She closed her eyes against the memory. Quay didn't kill him, so why was it haunting her as if she had? So many questions and too few answers came to mind.

She was in a slight turmoil and needed her master, but he was away and had been for sometime. The Padawan needed his guidance and was growing weary of choices she had made while in his absence. It was happening again. Quay had been there one other time, after Sage left her.

It was then that she fell into the arms of a Sith Lord and the outcome had been nearly lethal.

"I'll be stronger this time." She said out loud, but could feel the darkside along her shoulders as if a cold, wet blanket. It was there to comfort her, if she would just allow herself to turn to it.

Gripping her covers, Quay yanked them back and got to her feet. "No, I'm not going to let you win, not this time."

The Lost Padawan, dressed in black from head to toe and slipped her new custom-made black leather utility belt for her growing belly. She clipped two sabre's in place and slipped on her black cloak to finish the ensemble.

Quay looked in the mirror, who would've thought her to become a mother so soon? "I'm not going to the Darkside, I won't allow that." She said, more to her child growing within her than herself.

"Time to eat." She smiled and with a deep breath, left her room and the Lost Jedi's lair.

It wasn't long before she had found a simple all night diner down the street and entered.

"What can I get for ya, Ma'am?" A nasally waitress asked as she handed Quay a menu.

"I need...meat. Steak, rare. And...chocolate cake, extra icing." She said.

"Anything to drink?"

"Iced tea." Quay answered as she handed the waitress the menu and leaned back in her booth, casually glancing out the window.

Jimmy
May 18th, 2004, 07:26:07 PM
It had been a long night.

To long.

Number 17, as he was always called to his confusion, had been stationed outside the location he had been informed his target was staying. He had been there for three days, an abandoned apartment opersite to the Lost Jedi headquarters and he had seen hide nore hair of his hit, would Sean dare to enter and find her himself?

His friends? a sniper scope, a small laptop computer and a cold, stale pizza. Bad company one might say, Troy on the other hand enjoyed solitary. It was raining quite heavily by the time any movement acted outside Dex's Diner, early morning to, Troy didn't check his watch but he could smell the morning mist.

It was no later than three in the morning.

Movement! and bloody well finaly to. Troy suddenly sat up strait, he was cool, calm and collective; his usual temperament, it came with the job, one had to be. The sniper scope was zoomed and focused on the opening door. It was her alright, he didn't even have to look at the data pad photo he had been given, it was her.

The bald Hitman felt for his duel slug thrower pistols, they were there, covered by his dinner jacket and red tie, his Hardballers were his pride and joy and they never left his sight, never.

In the same touch he felt for his wound, the wound that nearly put Troy out of business. He had been show hard with a sniper rifle and the dremas he had after in truama haunted him even now, he would never forget them, even now he searched for them in his sleep again, but they never came, the man that shot him, Silvo, well lets just say Troy got his own back.

Covering his equipment, his 'friends' with a dust sheet he proceeded to leave the apartment.

He hated killing women, but for triple Troys usual fee by a anonymous employer, number 17's morals flew out the window fast and heavy. Opening the door, he left the rank apartment and left the ground floor apartment and out into the nights rain, he would follower her into the diner and look his target over, apparently she was force sensitive, nothing 17 couldn't handle.

He'd done those guys before.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 18th, 2004, 07:52:40 PM
Quay'Na yawned. She was tired, but she knew deep down, sleep wasn't going to come for a while.

The Padawan felt a slight tremor in the Force and looked up as a man walked in. He looked rather hard and Quay studied him for a moment, beneath her hood.

Something didn't feel quite right about him, so she would watch him carefully, after all she had someone to protect now.

"Here ya go, Miss. Your iced tea and your steak will be out momentarily."

"Thanks," Quay'Na smiled and took a drink as the waitress hurried off.

Her eyes went back to the mysterious man who had walked in, she'd never seen him before in her life. Why did he feel dangerous? Quay's left hand settled on the hilt of her sabre.

Jimmy
May 18th, 2004, 08:54:34 PM
17 entered the establishment and his first actions were to keep his eyes well away from her presence. He found that looking at the one he was there to kill was never a safe bet, they catch on to easily these days, crafty bastards. They were becoming more and more intelligent and suspicious and it was a kink in the job description a kink that would never be ironed out.

' Cup of caf' and something warm to eat, perhaps a meat sandwhich?' he was neither hungry nore thirsty but he needed an excuse to be anywhere near the run down old night cafe,a place the Hitman would never go, disgusting place, nearly as bad as the run down old apartment.

Troy was used to being hired to hit more notible men and women of the galaxy. Polititians, senetors, Imperial officers and even gang leaders and drug lords. He was used to being in notebility, high class parties, five star hotels, military establishments, places that these high class men and women ventured to, what he was doing in a grotty, all night cafe for 17 would never know, or it could be the triple fee.

He had no idea who had hired him, only that his fee had been pre-paid into his off planet account and the job was underway, why anyone would wish to kill a woman of such quality he could not understand, what possible relevence was it to anyone what or who she was. Troy however was not here to ask questions, but simply create a solution, the targets death. Death was his buisnuiss and buisnuiss was good.

"Here ya go, Miss. Your iced tea and your steak will be out momentarily."

The waitress hurried off back into the kitchen.

Operning his jacket slightly, not only his hardballers were there, but a small veil of poison was in the inside pocket to, quite convinient really, wouldent you agree?

The iced tea might come in handy.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 18th, 2004, 09:04:21 PM
Quay'Na sighed and withdrew her hood and then stood and took off the cloak, clearly allowing the man to see her two precious sabre's hanging precariously around the growing lump of her belly.

It was more of a silent warning than anything. Quay wouldn't be in harms way for very long.

Her steak arrived a few moments later and Quay graciously thanked the waitress and lifted up her utensils to begin eating.

Rare steak...this was a first. Ever since her bird sitting with Poledra, she had become ravenous for it.

Slowly, she began eating.

Jimmy
May 19th, 2004, 08:26:33 PM
The waitress bussled out from the kitchen, clearly something out back was bothering her, the chef was yelling something in a language Sean did not quite understand and the waitress roared something back and in the mean time plonked a messy sandwhich and a mug of ice tea before Troy, he was not impressed, he was used to high class means, not a greasy butty.

This was not what he ordered, but the Ice Tea had been given to him on a silver platter, what luck.

Taking the small veil from inside his pocket his placed his back between the mug and Quays view of it and dumped the clear solution into the ice tea, it was clear, taistless and effective, it would have her spewing blood in a matter of moments, the poison melted the sinus ducts and would make her suffercate on her own mucus and blood.

' It seems...' Troy began, a fake smile covering his lips, so fake it bloody hurt. ' That i have been given you ice tea in the confusion.'

Standing up, he carried the mug over to her table and placed it on the glass mat. ' My apologies...' He smiled gently and walked back to his bar stool and sat, looking at the sandwhich curiously, or so it would seem, he was actually waiting patiently for her to take a sip, ether way she couldent see his face, she could not tell he was waiting and his emotions were so calm, could she feel it?

Quay'Na Rakai
May 19th, 2004, 08:39:06 PM
"Uh..." Her mouth was full of the delicious steak as the guy set the tea down and walked off, with a brief explanation of what happened.

She swallowed her bite and turned to thank him for being polite, but as she did she hand hit the mug and spilled the contents all over the table and onto the floor.

"Ugh!" She jumped up as the waitress rushed over with a rag.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I can be so clumsy sometimes." Quay said as she helped the lady clean up the mess.

"I'll bring you out a new one, Miss." She said as she hurried back into the kitchen and was out in a jiff with a new glass, which she sat in front of the Padawan.

"Thanks." Quay smiled and took a hearty drink of the newly poured tea.

Jimmy
May 21st, 2004, 03:04:29 PM
'May i join you? was all Sean said after the mess had been clared away.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 21st, 2004, 09:01:25 PM
Quay looked at the man and nodded. "Why not? I'm always up for some good conversation, Sir." She held out her hand. "Quay'Na Rakai."

Jimmy
May 21st, 2004, 10:00:20 PM
' Spilling drinks i took the time to bring to you now? Troy smiled, this time genuinly, it was a rare treat to see that. For some reason he instantly liked her, weired how things pan out. ' My names is err...Chris Montague

He took he hand in his, his being extremely cold hers warm.

' Nice to meet you.'.' This funny enough was not a lie and before he had time to stop what he said, it blurted out. He sat down the other side of the table from her.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 21st, 2004, 10:17:08 PM
Quay'Na nodded and returned the smile. "Clumsy moment. Would you like anything to drink, I'd be glad to buy for your kind patronage."

Jimmy
May 21st, 2004, 10:24:04 PM
' No, i must say if i really wanted to i could buy the place and make the food myself, and better. No offence to the oldplace of course. No it should be me who buys the next for you. Taking a sip of his black caf he took a look back at the kitchen.

More argueing raged on behind closed doors.

' Take it it's a family run place? His idea of a small joke.

He had not spoken to somone like this in a long while and presenting his first genuin smile in over a good 5 years, well, this wwas a very odd moment indeed.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 21st, 2004, 10:32:28 PM
"Yeah, it's not much but their food is good and it's the only place near that serves this late."

Jimmy
May 21st, 2004, 10:39:24 PM
' And why exsactly are you out this late? nasty things can happen this late at night you know. Where you never told that as a child?'

Taking another sip he smiled again, this time not as genuin.

' So who are are, what do you do?'

Quay'Na Rakai
May 22nd, 2004, 03:30:05 PM
"Well, I'm a Jedi of sorts, no longer in the Order...but still practicing the ways of the Force. So, I'm not really afraid to be out by myself at night." She took heed to her sabre's on her belt.

"I can pretty much take care of myself and unfortunately while I'm pregnant, I have many friends who are always looking out of me. This child is very important to me and it seems to make me want to eat things I never would normally." She laughed slightly as she took another bite, still keeping her guard up.

Severen Morkonis
May 28th, 2004, 06:25:14 AM
She was pregnant? this was beyond Troys morals to kill a girl with child. This certianly was not on the rap sheet sent to him by his employer.

' Like steak?' He said with a small smile.

OOC: pretend its troy!.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 28th, 2004, 03:42:34 PM
Quay'Na swallowed and nodded. "Yes, I'm a vegetarian and would never normally eat meat of any kind, but this little one wants it, so I give in. Have you any children, Sir?"