May 17th, 2004, 09:55:57 PM
Anyone ever read those?

1. The Paradise Snare
2. The Hutt Gambit
3. Rebel Dawn

pretty good...

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 18th, 2004, 10:37:33 AM
Yes I have. They are awseome. My favorite is the Hutt gambit when the big battle takes place on nar shada between all of the smugglers and the empire.

March Kalas
May 18th, 2004, 01:14:51 PM
I have. They're good, but I don't think they portray Han that well. They make him seem like soom pimp that can't get enough you know what. It's pretty cool reading about his life though: all the sabaac and flying and all. I thought the love story was a little annoying (It's unrealistic like all the others), but they were written by a female author, so what can you expect.

I thought the story was pretty cool (I liked the big cat guy, can't remember the species name)

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 19th, 2004, 10:24:01 AM
He was a tugorian. Murg i think it is spelled like that.

March Kalas
May 19th, 2004, 12:42:10 PM
yeah, he was pretty cool. He was kinda like chewie, but I bet the wookie would win in a fight (I guess I like wookies better)

The whole story is quite interesting as it introduces you to the more common aspects of being a smuggler in the Star Wars universe. I also learned from it that Hutts can actually hurt something.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 20th, 2004, 11:17:45 AM
Oh yeah. Huts are very powerful creatures.

March Kalas
May 20th, 2004, 01:01:17 PM
I once thought that hutts were fat slugs that could barely move. It was kind of comical to read about Durga fighting Jabas Aunt or whatever. Don't you think that the author made Han seem too imoral and dirty. She made him seem like he couldn't get his hands off of girls. The smuggler definately wasn't like that in the movie (as far as I could tell).

Kyle Raiden
May 20th, 2004, 01:02:13 PM
He was a bit in Ep IV, but he kinda got over himself. I guess falling in love with Leia changed him.

Jordana Montegue
May 21st, 2004, 08:13:00 AM
That, and most likely because there isn't any groping, nudity, sex or even sexual innuendos in any of the SW films. Lucas created something that people of all ages could enjoy.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 21st, 2004, 10:03:44 PM
Yeah that is true.

March Kalas
May 23rd, 2004, 06:31:17 PM
It still almost ruined my opinion of Han.