PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tale

Dasquian Belargic
May 17th, 2004, 10:51:49 AM
I thought this was a sequel to Finding Nemo at first, but nope, different story.

http://www.empiremovies.com/movies/2004/shark_tale.shtml

Cool cast though - Angelina Jolies and Scorseses characters look funny :)

Razielle Shadana
May 17th, 2004, 11:15:39 AM
-rubs hands together-

Just have to talk the kiddies into taking Mom to see it now....

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2004, 11:25:28 AM
*yawn* Finding Nemo Dreamworks knock-off.

I doubt it'll be much good, star studded cast or no.

Kyle Raiden
May 17th, 2004, 11:40:02 AM
*sings and dances* Car wash...

Vega Van-Derveld
May 17th, 2004, 11:45:54 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*yawn* Finding Nemo Dreamworks knock-off.

I doubt it'll be much good, star studded cast or no.

I dont know- Shrek was hilarious. Shrek 2 looks the same. It's made by the same people so maybe...?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 17th, 2004, 11:46:30 AM
maaybe :)

:D

CMJ
May 17th, 2004, 07:19:25 PM
They also did Antz which was a helluva lot better than Pixar's A Bugs Life. Dreamworks does more "grown up" animated stuff.

Mu Satach
May 17th, 2004, 07:46:11 PM
DeNiro & Scorsese as fish mobsters, I'm soooo there. :D

I never could get past the idea of Woody Allen in a children's movie for Antz. I've never been able to get through a screening of it.

imported_Marcus
May 17th, 2004, 07:48:04 PM
Some of those puns on the website hint at this thing's awfulness. Puns != funny.

Shreck was hilarious because it was skewering animated cartoons and it did it very well - the exploding bird was worth the price of admission alone. Antz was forgettable. Good cast of humans or not, this doesnt look promising.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 17th, 2004, 07:55:40 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
Shreck was hilarious because it was skewering animated cartoons and it did it very well - the exploding bird was worth the price of admission alone.

:lol Yeah.

jjwr
May 18th, 2004, 04:23:57 AM
Antz....it was an ok movie, like Mu Satach said though the thought of Woody Allen staring in a kids movie does give one shivers.

So A Bugs Life was better IMO....gotta love the glow worm!

CMJ
May 18th, 2004, 08:18:42 AM
ABL isn't even the same league as Antz for my money. I think it was Pixar's weakest effort by far.

Marcus Telcontar
May 18th, 2004, 08:44:03 AM
Originally posted by CMJ
ABL isn't even the same league as Antz for my money. I think it was Pixar's weakest effort by far.

Saying it was Pixar's weakest effort is like trying to comapre dinners from a Master Chef. There is no true weak one, only difference in tastes. I thought A Bugs Life, while not at the level of Toy Story, was still incredibly impressive and a good few steps ahead of Antz, which I found to be good... but forgettable.

Shrek is really the first CG effort to come close to anythign Pixar has done - it's truly startling just how far out in front Pixar is and how it's changing animation. Most studios would kill to have just one successful animation.... let alone five out fo the park home runs. Pixar are setting such a standard, it's debateble whether the only thing that can stop their roll is... themselves.

I dont see Shark Tale getting close, myself.

CMJ
May 18th, 2004, 09:02:40 AM
I'm not the biggest Pixar fan honestly. I know I'm in the minority(hey everyone is some of the time), but other than the TS movies I haven't been terribly impressed with their stuff.

I'm not saying I didn't like ABL, MI, or FN, but I didn't think they were that memorable. I'd take Shrek over any of them.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2004, 10:24:51 AM
I loved A Bug's Life, but I don't expect anyone else to have my same taste in movies. I loved Cookie's Fortune as well, and I doubt anyone else heard of it. (not animated)

I saw a trailer for Shark Tale, and it looked, frankly, forgettable.

CMJ
May 18th, 2004, 10:40:23 AM
Cookie's Fortune - the Robert Altman flick that came out in '99 or so correct?

Dan the Man
May 18th, 2004, 10:48:29 AM
I haven't seen ABL, but I did see Antz, which pretty much did nothing for me at all.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2004, 02:25:21 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Cookie's Fortune - the Robert Altman flick that came out in '99 or so correct? Yes - I really enjoyed it.

CMJ
May 18th, 2004, 02:55:54 PM
Yeah, it was pretty good. My girlfriend at the time loved it.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 18th, 2004, 04:33:44 PM
It's just full of delicious irony, which makes it great. :) My sister watched it and she just went "uh, what? You like this movie?"

As far as Dreamworks animation goes, it seems pretty hit or miss with me. I love Prince of Egypt, ANTZ was forgettable other than Sly Stallone as an ant, Shrek 1 and 2 are fantastic. Didn't they do Treasure Planet as well?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 18th, 2004, 04:41:17 PM
The Sinbad animated film was awesome, but it got panned unfairly by critics. I am eagerly awaiting Shrek 2, but Shark Tale looks like wait to rent territory to me.

CMJ
May 18th, 2004, 05:10:31 PM
Treasure Island was Disney.