PDA

View Full Version : Question about an RP...

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2004, 04:49:12 PM
I'm wondering, has anybody attempted to do a crossover into another series here? I was thinking of an RP based on the Enterprise-E from Star Trek getting "dimensionally displaced" and winding up here, trailing a Borg Cube intent on assimilating the sector.

Given how often stuff like this occurs (Species 8472? That weird DS9 Mirror Universe? Picard in the 1930's? First Contact?) in the Star Trek universe, it's technically possible that the crew of the Enterprise-E will end up in this universe. Of course, to them our universe has always been a series of movies...and to us, they've always been holovids. That idea is loosely based off of an anime.

Me, and maybe a few other people would meet up with the crew, fight off the Borg's attempt to assimilate the galaxy (*sigh*), and figure out how to get the Enterprise back to its proper universe.

However, if there are going to be copyright problems, or if George Lucas doesn't want us mixing with Roddenberry's boys, I'll kill the idea here. I'd appreciate some input.

And incidentally, I'll be returning to the Jedi Order soon. Bestine is wrapping up. :D

~Lion~

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2004, 04:56:40 PM
Is it april fools?

cuz no! please no star trek :(

you coming back is good ^___^

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2004, 05:14:07 PM
No Star Trek? Alrighty. No Borg?

I'll have to settle for the Yuuzhan Vong...which are essentially the same thing, but with emotions. :lol

I guess I'll be happy with the welcome back, lol.

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2004, 05:19:15 PM
No Star Trek means no Borg :p

Um the Vong kinda got kicked out of our universe tho :\

Lion El' Jonson
May 17th, 2004, 02:28:07 AM
I'm aware of that...

...however, isn't there always the possibility of splinter groups that were left behind during Vong's rather...hasty...retreat?

Much in the way that the Warlords set up their own little sectors while the rest of the Imperial Navy pulled back after Endor...then again, there's always the issue of that virus. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 17th, 2004, 09:10:07 AM
noNoNO crossovers thats just evil. and you won't ahve much luck getting people to work with the Vong, everyone hates them.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 17th, 2004, 04:44:15 PM
I'd rather see transvestite siamese twin space pirate lawyers than see a RP involving either Star Trek or the Vong. Especially not the Vong.

Loki Ahmrah
May 17th, 2004, 07:13:38 PM
Crossovers would stink and the Vong are frowned upon a lot. You could create your own fictional Star Wars race if you so wish to accomodate for your needs. For example, you could have a race called the Vorg or even the Bong. :cool

Ryla Relvinian
May 17th, 2004, 08:11:05 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
noNoNO crossovers thats just evil. and you won't ahve much luck getting people to work with the Vong, everyone hates them.

So sayith the elf... *whistles innocently* :)

But seriously. Trek? Just... um... no. I can see that creating tons of annoying problems, especially with the newer crowd.

"OMG B0rg!"

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2004, 08:51:28 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
For example, you could have a race called... ... the Bong. :cool

This would be entertaining if the RP could be laced with the appropriate references. :mischief

And only if you had characters that used Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong for their avatars.

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2004, 02:10:06 AM
Haha, I fully support Fig's idea!

Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
So sayith the elf... *whistles innocently* :)

Dasquian isn't an elf. people just assume he is :rolleyes

Lion El' Jonson
May 18th, 2004, 03:29:10 AM
The Bong...

THE BONG?!?!

I'd probably have worse problems with that then I would with Star Trek :lol

Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Dasquian isn't an elf. people just assume he is :rolleyes

Yes. In reality, he was just beaten until his ears swelled.

And forget the thread idea. I've got something better in store.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 19th, 2004, 10:31:41 PM
Oh man we're sooo creating the Bong now :smokin

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2004, 12:17:17 PM
420 smoke weed everday

Ryla Relvinian
May 20th, 2004, 03:09:11 PM
"We are the Bong! You will be assimil...uh...pass the nachos, dude."

Figrin D'an
May 20th, 2004, 04:07:43 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian