PDA

View Full Version : Along came a Stranger...(Kack and open)

Quay'Na Rakai
May 16th, 2004, 12:45:16 PM
It had been sometime since the Padawan had been in the B&G, a very long time and a couple of months had passed.

Quay'Na Rakai felt a definite darkness growing within her, her actions of late had brought it on. How had things gotten so far out of hand, she wasn't sure.

But, Brent Yagher got what he deserved and she felt no guilt for being the one who did it. She nearly killed him and probably would have had Saadya Khalil-Na'Mir not stopped her. He'd come out of nowhere and caught her hand as she was about to skewer Brent through the heart with her lightsabre.

A justice that would've been well deserved, but now she felt the echoing darkness of those ways she had turned too. She harnessed the power of the Darkside just for an instant, allowing it to flow through her and wanting to carry out a dark task.

Quay handed over her two lightsabre's to the guards and found a seat near the back to have a drink and think long and hard of what had happened recently. This wasn't her.

The person who had nearly made a kill, hadn't been who she wanted to be. She didn't take a liking in it, but...there was this overcoming hatred and anger when she thought of allowing Brent to carry on his ways. Quay had the distinct impression, she hadn't been the first and she wasn't going to be the last, That is what sent her over the edge, the thought of him doing this to another girl, perhaps younger than she. It was sick. Very sick and she would do anything to stop him from victimizing someone else. Quay vowed her life to it.

She sighed and placed a hand on the growing bulge of her five month pregnancy. There was no hiding it now.

"Drink, Miss?" The waitress asked.

"Yeah, a large glass of milk."

"On it's way." She said and hurried off.

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 01:02:32 PM
Kack had been sitting in a dark corner smoking his pipe. He was on a bit of a break now that Zeke had taken off for some time. His dark hood covered his face in shadow and he sensed around him as the patrons moved about the Bar and Grill. He shifted his weight as he felt a more than familiar presence: Quay'Na Rakai.

"Well, I'll be damned..." he muttered to himself, removing his heavy boots from the table. He stood up and headed over to Quay's table and stood for just a moment, his identity completely
hidden.

The Jedi then removed his hood and bowed at the waist.

"Good evening, Lady Rakai. May I join in your company?"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 16th, 2004, 01:13:19 PM
A smile crossed the young woman's lips as she took note of her good friend. "What a pleasant surprise, Kack Mebuff and I thought I'd be drinking alone. Please sit, my friend and tell me what's been happening with you."

Kack Mebuff
May 17th, 2004, 12:01:03 AM
Kack took a seat and smiled.

"Ya' know... I could ask you the same question. You haven't been around in awhile. How have you been?"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 17th, 2004, 03:50:50 AM
"I'm doing great." She said with a false smile. But, deep down Quay knew that she couldn't hide the darkness that whirled around inside her.

Something within her didn't want her to hide it, it wanted it to show. A moment later, Quay shook her head.

"I'm lying." She confessed as she ran a hand through her hair. "Things aren't great. Sadly to say, I'm far from it."

Quay looked at him and gave him another smile. "But, hey things don't aways go the way we want it. Not in Brent's direction, especially." She added darkly as her milk came.

Kack Mebuff
May 20th, 2004, 09:25:54 PM
"Anything for you, sir?" the waitress asked.

"Just a water, thanks," came the Jedi's quick reply.

Kack sensed something different in Quay'Na. She wasn't the same person she had once been. He felt a darkness within her. It caught Kack off guard.

"What have you done?" he inquired.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 21st, 2004, 04:04:52 AM
"I got a letter from Brent a couple of weeks ago." She took it from her pocket and read it to him.

"Quay’Na,

It’s been too long since I’ve shared myself with you...a whole lifetime has passed you by and you never even knew it. I guess, we just want different things in life and we have different goals.

Looking back, I still can’t believe I was granted those few hours alone with you. It was like nothing else mattered, the world was ours for those few moments together.

I think parts of my heart have already set up defenses against you, so I won’t let you in. I do care for you, but I believe one can only love with ALL their heart and not just some of it...

I'm sure I will be able to love someone whole-heartedly. But a battered heart makes a poor conductor of this feeling... it is until I am completely healed that the word love could even be credible and possible to say... for maybe someone I’m still journeying to meet...

Brent."

She finished reading and shook her head. "He is such a frelling bastitch! He's sick!" She was wasn't really that angry now and looked at Kack. "I think, you know what I did. I went after him...and nearly killed him the other night by allowing my hate and anger to flow."

Quay took a drink of milk. "Ever since my life has changed and I'm trying to regain it back. Thge situation was bad enough that I started into premature labor." She sighed and looked down at her glass.

Kack Mebuff
May 24th, 2004, 09:29:43 PM
Kack's face grew very serious.

"This isn't like you, Quay. You are better than this. You were once a Jedi. You should know how to harness your feelings."

Though very stern, Kack's tone remained caring.

"You have a great gift. But you must learn to control it. Perhaps you should not have left the Order..." he trailed off.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 24th, 2004, 09:54:52 PM
Quay shook her head. "I don't know what came over me. I was just so angry and...I wanted him to pay for what he did to me. I would've killed him had Saadya not stopped me."

She smiled when she thought of him. It wasn't everyday one met a dark, handsome prince.

Quay shook the thought away. "I know my ways are not of the Jedi. I strayed from that path months ago, after this." She patted her belly.

"My master is away and I'm feeling more and more alone and then this letter comes..." She looked away as a tear slid down her cheek and she quickly wiped away.

Kack Mebuff
May 24th, 2004, 10:11:11 PM
"Quay, you know you can always come to me... I'm here for you. I don't want you to stray down the the wrong path. You're a good person, and I would hate to see something happen to you. I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happened to you..."

Kack placed a hand on Quay's.

"If you ever need anything no matter what time it is... please... feel free to call me."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 24th, 2004, 10:29:19 PM
Quay's eye met his. "I know, but it's over and I'm tryijng to get back to who I was. It's hard, I won't deny that. I'll never be a true Lightsider, it's not in my blood. I should have known that after I returned to the Temple over a year ago. Sage left and I went to Vega for love...nothing has been right since and it's all my fault."

There was a lot of hurt and anguish in Quay, even now.

Kack Mebuff
May 25th, 2004, 06:06:51 AM
"It always hard. Sometimes harder than we pretend it is to find ourselves again. Especially when we get lost. I was on the wrong road for a long time. Then I almost died and came here. When I got here I still went through rebellious times. Why do you think I'm still a padawan? But finally, I've buckled down and I'm on the right path. I feel more at peace than I ever have."

Quay'Na Rakai
May 25th, 2004, 01:51:11 PM
Quay nodded and gave him a slight smile. "I working on it, I truly am. It will just take some time, I don't believe I'll be having any more confrontations with Mr. Yagher anytime soon. Besides, right now all I'm going to concern myself with is my training and my baby."

She took a drink of her milk. Once she swallowed, Quay continued. "I haven't told you yet, I'm having a son." She was beaming at that moment.

Kack Mebuff
May 27th, 2004, 08:57:44 PM
Kack's face remained stern. Then suddenly leapt from the table and embraced Quay.

"Congratulations! That's fantastic!!!"

Kack gestured towards Quay's stomach.

"May I?"

She nodded and the Jedi placed his hand on her tummy. He seemed deep in thought.

"The Force will be strong with him, I can feel it. What will you name him?"

Quay'Na Rakai
May 27th, 2004, 09:03:58 PM
"His name will be Aramis Elijah Rakai, after my uncle." Quay smiled. "This child is my life."

Kack Mebuff
May 27th, 2004, 09:26:34 PM
"A beautiful name... for a beautiful child I am sure..."

Kack smiled widely.

"Perhaps someday I may be of aid in his training... someday..." he trailed off.

Quay'Na Rakai
May 27th, 2004, 09:29:48 PM
Quay'Na smiled. "I'd like that, Kack. I believe, my son would as well. I've got a feeling he's going to be just like his mother, very onery."

Kack Mebuff
May 31st, 2004, 09:20:13 PM
Kack's smile widened even more.

"I hope he is much like you... he will make a great man if he is."

He put a hand on Quay's.

"I'm sure he will be..."

Quay'Na Rakai
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:29:47 PM
"I will teach this child in the best ways I know how." She told him with a smile.

"I still can't believe he's here growing within me, it's an incredible feeling. After all those years, I'd been told I'd never have a child."