PDA

View Full Version : Found evidence of what killed the dinosaurs

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2004, 09:43:54 AM
Scientists think they have found the impact point of the huge meteor that triggered the first big mass extinction 250 million years ago.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=570&ncid=753&e=2&u=/nm/20040513/sc_nm/science_crater_dc

Interesting, it looks like some more work has to be done but this could be a huge find.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 14th, 2004, 10:01:55 AM
Nice little artical. Lots of research and stuff needs to be done as you said but it is really cool :) Love dinosaurs and what killed them was always a fun debate. Might not be a debate anymore depending on what they find ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2004, 11:07:56 AM
Heh I the title is really messed up I misread the article at first but it was refering to the first mass extinction which actually killed more criters than the one 65 million years ago. I don't think they have found the exact crater that wipped out them, though most scientists think it was a meteor that did it, it is kind of weird then that it is possible that meteors were the cause of the two major mass extinctions.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 14th, 2004, 11:10:28 AM
I trusted you :cry

well, when one is half tired and you said dinosaurs.. I read that artical and thought dinosaurs. heh....reads like it could have been :lol

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2004, 01:54:14 PM
Heh I know I read it too quick heh I thought sure it said Dinosaurs in the article, still interesting about the first extinction I know there was a huge crab like creature, Triobites, some were bigger than modern whales and was the dominant life form on the planet.

Figrin D'an
May 14th, 2004, 02:25:59 PM
There's been several mass extinctions in Earth's history. It's likely that meteor impacts caused most of them. So, it's understandable that peope get confused sometimes when some new info crops up about them.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
... about the first extinction I know there was a huge crab like creature, Triobites, some were bigger than modern whales and was the dominant life form on the planet.

That sounds like a '50's sci-fi film... Attack of the Giant Trilobites. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2004, 04:28:02 PM
LOL I know I have only seen them in museums and they are weird looking.

Drake Shadowstalker
May 17th, 2004, 09:53:58 PM
LMAO!!! 250million years... lol

Figrin D'an
May 17th, 2004, 09:58:10 PM
Originally posted by Drake Shadowstalker
LMAO!!! 250million years... lol

Uh... okay. I guess I'm missing why that's so funny.

Jedi Master Carr
May 17th, 2004, 10:01:13 PM
Because I messed up the first post :p I said Dinosaurs but I misread the article I guess he thought it was funny.