PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Navy Brats! (only Navy though, no other branches)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 14th, 2004, 01:39:01 AM
Recently I found out that Zasz's dad and mine were both stationed at Cecil Field in Jacksonville, FL at pretty much the same time. I was there from about '86-'88, then again from '90-'91, and he'd been there from when he was born till '94. We probably passed by eachother in the commissary on occasion o_O

My dad was in VA-46 IIRC.

Now I'm curious to know if there are any other Navy brats here on Fans.

Some of the other bases I've lived on include NAS China Lake, NAS Lemoore, NAS Monterey, and the Naval Academy at Annapolis.

Crystal
May 14th, 2004, 02:07:54 AM
I feel jipped. My dad was in the Navy but my brother, mother and I never got to go with him. :mad

Then again, he was only gone for up to two weeks at a time. And he always brought me the coolest stuff.

Navaria Tarkin
May 14th, 2004, 09:11:52 AM
:D

isa was a navy brat till I was 4... then my parents got a divorce :(

He was stationed in Connecticut.. but my memories are of Norfolk. Dad never made Officer but he was a tech head for nuclear subbies.

Sun Zao
May 14th, 2004, 09:38:57 AM
Seeing as I'm dating a navy brat and have future plans on joining the Marine Corps (no Dept. of the Navy jokes, or you will die), I suppose that makes me an honorary brat ;)

Lavelyn Rynn
May 14th, 2004, 11:48:24 AM
I was at Corpus Christi in '93 and then Oceana in '95. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 14th, 2004, 01:01:37 PM
hmmm, let me see if I can remember the years; this might be hard cause I remember things in terms of what grade I was in at the time ^_^;

[CA] NAS Lemoore - 1980 - 1983

[CA] NAS Monteray - 1983 - 1986

[FL] Cecil Field - 1986 -1988

[MD] Naval Academy (Dad taught 36th company, if memory serves me correctly) - 1989

[FL] Cecil Field - 1990 - 1991

[CA] China Lake - 1992 - 1995

[NV] NAS Fallon (we never lived on that particular base though. we ended up in Smith Valley during those last years before he retired - 1996 -1999 (ret.)

That should be correct :)

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 15th, 2004, 09:12:17 AM
Gah, I don't know if I should pity you all or envy you all with all your moving around. My Dad was a haultech(sp?) and he was either posted to a ship or to Dockyard or Naden, all of which meant I didn't have to move from my home.

My dad would sometimes be away for up to 6 months (and the stupid frelling military said that they encouraged their members to spend time with their families, and then in the next month announce that they are taking the military members of the family away for the whole summer). Now thankfully my Dad's retired (just last year) and he decides with my Mom to move to the prairies. Mind you I haven't lived with them for almost three years now.

I loved it when my Dad would return from one of his trips because he would give my brother and I cool things. And the last trip he went on, I went down to Hawaii with my Mom to spend a couple of weeks with him when the ship he was stationed on was docked at the military base there. (If anyone asks the name of the base, I'm gonna scream cause I don't know it. I was there to steal some of my dad's time.)

And no, it's not the American military, it's the Canadian military which my Dad was with.