PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thought (Navaria)

Janson Star
May 13th, 2004, 01:11:19 AM
Janson's head was bowed as he wandered the grounds of the Greater Jedi Order. He breathed in the morning air, and felt the gentle warmth of the sunlight upon him. It was natural sunlight, yet the sun was not in the sky. Something to do with orbiting mirrors...

He let out a sigh. Technology's mastery over nature, expressed once again.

Ideas and concepts filled his mind, and swirled behind his eyes, fighting with each other to be the first to coaless into a solid thought. He thought of his past. He thought of the present. But most of all, he thought of his future. What will become of me now?

The will to exhurt effort faded from him, and he sat down at the bottom of a flight of stairs, looking out across the crowds of Jedi - his new family.

Navaria Tarkin
May 13th, 2004, 09:19:32 AM
For Navaria, it was just another hectic day as usual. She was headed towards the Temple for a scheduled Council Meeting that dealt with Natia's brother. In the meantime, two aides followed her, taking notes on what needed to be done with the hour Navaria had to spare on personal projects. "I need the files pulled that Ambassador Kalen'dervj sent me again. Please have them on my desk by 1200 hours." Navaria produced a datapad and handed it to one of the aides. "This needs to be sent to Bothawui and how is that code decryption coming along?"

"The New Republic said that it would still take a few more days."

"Very well," the trio had made it down the steps passed Janson when Navaria stopped. "Tell them again, that it is urgent and anyway that they could crack the code faster would be much appreciated as always."

Both of the aides mirrored the Jedi's amused look. All three of them came to a silent consensus that it would still be a few days before the NR got back to her. "I'll see you both later today then." Navaria clasped her hands together and nodded as they departed. They had been obscuring her view of a young man sitting on the steps wearing unfamiliar, but well maintained, armor. He was new to her. So new that she had missed the new roster of Initiates that had been accepted to the Order... or, he was a visitor from his homeworld that came to see the Jedi. One should never assume these things.

She smiled towards him and bowed, "Greetings to you and forgive my staring. I was admiring your armor."

Janson Star
May 13th, 2004, 10:17:08 AM
Janson jumped. He frowned at Navaria, as the words slowly registered in his mind. "Armour?" Then it dawned on him. "Oh...right. Yeah." He smiled, as his mind fully merged with his body once more. "Sorry...I was lost in my thoughts."

He rose to his feet, replying to Navaria's bow with one of his own. "It belonged to my great, great, great, great..." He stopped, and chuckled. "It belonged to one of my ancestors."

He smiled again, straightening up, and brushing the hair away from his face. "I am Janson Star. It is an honour to be in the presence of yet another Jedi."

Navaria Tarkin
May 13th, 2004, 11:10:58 AM
She was visibly impressed that Janson was wearing such an antique heirloom. In this day and age, to find such precious heirlooms intact usually meant you had a considerable amount of credits to your name. "You do your ancestors proud so therefore the honor is mine."

Navaria returned upright, "What brings you to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant?"

Janson Star
May 13th, 2004, 12:28:28 PM
Janson shook his head, and lowered his eyes. "My ancestors would not be proud. My being here is a mockery to them all."

His eyes came up, and met Navaria's, twinkling with tears beginning to form. "I am here to cast aside the traditions of my forefathers. I'm here to end a way of life that has existed for millennia."

He sighed, and his body drooped. "I have joined the Jedi Order. Thanks to me, the Saum'riae are gone forever."