PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Foes, Food, and Falling(closed)

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 11:22:51 AM
Shanaria was back in the lower levels. She had made a new friend since the last time she started her street food project. In fact she made a few new Friends. A student at the GJO named Leten, a former street kid that new the lower levels like the back of his hand, helped her find a new and better spot to set up her workshop. He also has been helping with the cultivation of the plants.

Vishan was kind enough to help Shanaria move her equipment to this new site, and has since joined the GJO, and moved to the Yavin training base.

Shanaria is not quite sure what Soolin has been since she help Shanaria at her last workshop, but she did hear that she had taken Vishan on as a padawan. Shanaria thought that was good, since they did seem to make a good team.

As for her new Workshop and her project, it's been almost a year since she moved out of her old one, and thanks to the help of Leten the plants were healthy, growing, and she had people that were willing to taste test them, and so far nobody had died from eating them.

Shanaria was now hard at work, cleening up her shop after teaching a handful of street people how to grow these plants down here, and where they should not plant them. Leten was also helping her.

"Hey Leten! Do you know where I put my leaf clippers!"

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 11:31:57 AM
Leten was working just outside the workshop when he hears Shanaria call out to him asking where her clippers are. Leten calls back...

"One moment! I'll find them!"

Leten closes his Eyes and reaches out with the force looking for the clippers. In a moment he knows where they are. He runs off after the street people that just left the workshop, and sneeks up behind one of them, taking the leaf clippers out of the back pocket of one of the boys.

He then runs back up to the wookshop and hands them back to Shanaria.

"Here you go. One of the boys snagged them before they left."

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 11:41:39 AM
Shanaria smiles, take the clippers from Leten, and gives him a hug.

"Thank you. I don't know how I would be able to do this without your help. I would have lost every bit of equipment to kids with sticky fingers if it wasn't for the fact that you could locate the stuff and get it back."

Shanaria goes back to tending to her plants.

"So how are things going on out there?"

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 11:51:45 AM
Leten says as he goes to help Shanaria with the plants.

"They are tiding up nicely. At this rate we will be able to expand the workshop by the end of next week. The we will be able to grow enough plants to supply clippings to all of Junktown."

Leten questions after a moments pause...

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 11:54:26 AM
Shanaria gets an Impish grin on her face, and says in a subjestive tone...

"I can think of a few things you could help me with... But they would have to wait till we got back to the GJO." ;) ;)

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 11:59:39 AM
Leten gets a confused look on his face as it takes a few moment for him to understand what Shanaria is subjesting. Then he starts to blush as he says...

"Shanaria! I have a girlfriend! I.. No... I wouldn't... she would kill me if I did that !"

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 12:05:10 PM
Shanaria Laughs...

"I was only Joking! sheesh! can't a girl like to see you squimish?"

She puts a few more clippings in her black plastoid box.

"You just get back to cleening up out there, after we are done here, How about we go and get something to eat other than the cave plants."

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 12:11:12 PM
"Alright!"

Leten goes back outside the shop, and continues to pick up the garbage in the area where they want to extend the workshop.

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 12:24:44 PM
Shanaria finishes up her work for the day then steps out of the workshop and locks it up tightly. She then turns to Leten...

"Okay! I think we are finished here."

Thug
May 12th, 2004, 12:33:00 PM
From behind Shanaria can be heard the sound of a blaster's saftey being released.

"You got that right miss... You are finished here."

The lead thug and 10 other thugs step out of the shadows.

"Now drop you weapons! the two of you are comming with us!"

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 12:39:05 PM
Leten dives behind a pile of garbage and calls on his illusions to hide him. He quickly looks at all the trash around and pulls an image into his mind of the broken cleening droid that he made himself look like while training with Navaria. He would not likely have to move like this so just having the cover is good enough for him.

He pulls out his lightsaber and keeps squated behind the junk pile, making sure that the droid image is not moving like he is.

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 12:45:05 PM
Shanaria Quickly turns around, and is about to pull out her lightsaber when she sees that there is no way she could pull it before he could shoot her.

Shanaria places her dagger and lightsaber on the ground, hoping that Leten in not just going to run and leave her alone with thes men.

Thug
May 12th, 2004, 12:53:03 PM
The lead thug quickly fires two shots at leten as he jumps over the junk pile, unfortunaly the blaster bolts only hit the junk. He then nods to 3 of his men...

"Go get that little snat! dead or alive! The boss only wants the girl!"

He then nods to two more men..

"Take the girls weapons and bind her hands!"

The men go to follow the lead thugs instructions. When the three that were going after Leten reach the junk pile, they turn around and call back to the leader..

"He's gone! there are not even foot prints in the dirt!"

The leader calls back...

"Check under the trash! He couldn't have gone far!"

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2004, 12:58:47 PM
As the thugs are just starting to turn around to search the trash, Leten drops the illusion and activates his lightsaber, bringing his purple blade up through the arm of one of the thugs, and and then quickly back down through the legs of the other two.

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 01:04:42 PM
Shanaria uses the distraction of Leten hacking up the three thugs in order to kick the man that is about to bind her hands together in the groin. She then uses the force to call her lightsaber to her as the man that is holding it has his attention on Leten.

Thug
May 12th, 2004, 02:35:21 PM
The three thugs scream in pain and suprise as Leten starts to hack off their limbs.

The thug binding Shanaria falls to the ground in pain as he is kicked in the groin.

The Thug holding Shanaria's lightsaber, looses his grip of the lightsaber, quickly trying to grab it out of the air.

The lead thug and the remaining 2 of the others start firing their blasters at Leten while the remaining Thugs shoot at Shanaria.

Leten Snat
May 13th, 2004, 01:09:41 PM
Leten advances towars the people shooting at him, as he kicks the fallen thugs out of his way. Leten use the force to help him deflect 3 of the shots and dodges the rest that fly at him, only getting a glancing blow fron a blaster bolt on his right shoulder.

When he reaches the leading thug He blocks another bols and quickly brings his saber down at The thug's hand.

Shanaria Fabool
May 18th, 2004, 12:26:36 PM
Shanaria grabs her lightsaber out of the are and turns it on, slicing the outstreached arm of the thug trying to catch her saber out of the air, as the blocks and dodges the blaster bolts comming at her.

Thug
May 19th, 2004, 11:57:49 AM
The lead thug moves his hand in time so that it is not removed, though the blaster is cut in half.

The Thug going for Shanaria's lightsaber looses his arm, and gets hit by a number of deflected blaster bolts, and falls down dead.

The other thug concentrate a spray of blaster fire in the direction of Shanaria and Leten, also the sound of another 10 thug heading this way can be heard by leten.

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2004, 12:05:47 PM
Leten blocks a few more bolts as he grabs Shanaria by the arm, and runs with her around the corner of the workshop.

"We have to get out of here, There are too many, and there are more comming. There is a set of broken stairs around the corner and down the hall. You will have to jump the gap between the step portion, but I doubt they will follow there is a metal plank at the last gap use that to get over. Run! Get there, I'll be right behind you."

Leten pushes Shanaria of in that direction, and goes to follow after her.

Shanaria Fabool
May 19th, 2004, 12:17:01 PM
Shanaria blocks a few bolts as she is pulled around the corner. Things were happening too fast, so all she could do is nod in agknowlegment and run. Using the force to help her she jumps up the broken steps, with Leten close behind, leten is guarding the rear as they run blocking the blaster bolts that might harm them.

The thugs were still close behind them, most of them making the jumps allong the stairs, some of them falling to their doom. The thugs were shooting at them when ever they got a chance to see Leten and Shanaria.

As Shanaria was placing the metal plank across the the final gap a lucky blaster shot comes from the lead thug and hits her in the left side of the hip. Shanaria drops the plank, and it lands accross the gap as she was wanting it to land, but almost stumbles off the edge.

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2004, 12:33:37 PM
Leten Grabs Shanaria by the arm and prevents her from falling. He then helps her accross the plank.

"Run as fast as you can injured. I'll hold them off here. You just get out of here."

At that point Leten places himself in the middle of the plank as the swarm of thugs come towards him. Leten blocks a few blaster bolts, but then realises that no matter what he did here they would overcome him and get Shanaria, There was no way she could out run them injured. Leten had to do something, but what.

Leten does a quick glance around the area, and sees the cable that he attached to the part of the stair case that the thug were on, so that it would not colaps on him. He looks at the cable, the on comming thugs, and then the abyss below him. The only way he can cut the cable is if he was ether with the thugs on the platform, or on the plank he is standing on. He does a quick glance back at Shanaria who was just getting back to her feet and says...

"Tell Natia that I'm sorry... This is my destiny"

Before Shanaria could say anything Leten swings his lightsaber at the cable holding the other stair segment up right. The steps then could not hold the weight of the thugs, causing the steps to tip over but not fall, this causes the plank that Leten is standing on to fall as well. The stair case is too badly dammaged, that any thing the thugs try to grab breaks off, and all the thugs and Leten fall into what looks like the botomless abyss below.

Shanaria Fabool
May 19th, 2004, 12:43:06 PM
There was not much Shanaria could do as she saw Leten and the thugs fall, she tryed to get a lock on Leten but he was moving too fast for her skill level, and there was too many other objects in the way, She hopes that her attempts were enough to slow Leten down, but between the pain, and the thought of loosing friend, Shanaria can not get a solid grip on the force, let alone a Grip on Leten...

"NOOOOO!! Leten!!" She call after his body has fallen out of sight.

She franticly trys to sence Leten, but without a solid grasp on the force she could not tell the diffrence between the many life signs falling. Moments later the life signs start to wink out. All of them, Except one. Some body lived the fall. It could be Leten. Shanaria had to find out. but could do that now. She will have to talk to her master.

Shanaria then hurries off back to the GJO. Hopefuly she could get Leten some help.

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2004, 02:04:10 PM
As Leten Falls he watches the thugs panic, trying to grab for anything that they can and failing. They are all panicing, except for Leten. In fact Leten, puts himself into a jedi calming medition. He forces himself to relax, know that no mater how much you try everybody in this fall will die. It is a fact of the underworld, The abyss means death.

As he is falling it almost feels like something is trying to grab him with the force, although it does not catch him, it does slow him down a bit. Also as he is falling, when he is about 3-5 floors from the bottom, his back pack snags on something, pulling him to a sudden stop.

The force of this stop wrenches his shoulder to the point where he can hear the bones snapping and the joints popping out of their sockets. It also causes the straps on his pack to break, letting him drop the remaining floor, causing him to land face down on a pile of dead thugs.

When he hits the ground, the pain becomes unbareable and the darkness starts to claim him. He hears the sound of footsteps. He tries to say something, but can only force out a moan. The foot steps approach him, and he can feel a set of hands pick up him and his lightsaber.

Leten tries to move to see who it is that has him. But the pain forces him to stop the attempt. He hears a familiar voice of an older woman says to him…

“Hold still my boy, we will help you.”

With that Leten is clamed by the darkness that the pain has welcomed to his body. The last thing he hears before he passes out is the voice of the women sating in a motherly like manner

“ Welcome home, my little snat.”