PDA

View Full Version : I'm putting a hold on certain RPs

Kitty McQuade
May 12th, 2004, 07:56:09 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/index.html

because stuff like this makes it too hard for me to play a villain. I felt so sick about it yesterday that it made me throw up. I'm feeling very sick inside. So I'm taking some time off from playing Sorsha for a bit. I just don't feel comfortable about it.

In the meantime, til I feel better, I'm going to focus on my other characters. Please be patient, and please understand. I'm sorry.

Droo
May 12th, 2004, 08:22:15 AM
I know exactly what you mean, Kitty. I was at my girlfriend's place when I saw this and couldn't help but cry; it's so upsetting and it is so sickening. What we need is some sort of miracle that will show everyone that all this needs to stop.

:hug

Darth Viscera
May 12th, 2004, 08:37:06 AM
it reminded me of how I felt when they beheaded Daniel Pearl.

Razielle Shadana
May 12th, 2004, 09:12:40 AM
Originally posted by Kitty McQuade
In the meantime, til I feel better, I'm going to focus on my other characters. Please be patient, and please understand. I'm sorry.

Shanaria Fabool
May 12th, 2004, 10:40:03 AM

Dasquian Belargic
May 12th, 2004, 10:50:07 AM
no worries, sis :hug

Alpha
May 12th, 2004, 11:12:59 AM
:hugs No probs. Take you time.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 12th, 2004, 11:29:04 AM
take your time, darlin'

Sanis Prent
May 12th, 2004, 11:44:28 AM
Post to Anbira :) that'll make you feel good :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2004, 11:55:32 AM
I read that yesterday too, and couldn't read the whole thing. Too awful. :(

Je'gan Olra'en
May 12th, 2004, 12:36:35 PM
Front page of the local news, with a description enough to get me to tear up and feel nauseous. Playing villains hasn't once occurred to me since then, but now that I see this...well...now that I see this, it occurs to me all over again that I only RP villains. The Olra'en's, Gash and Aztaroth are Darksiders, and Alghieri's a gangster. I sense some serious upcoming RP problems too.

Navaria Tarkin
May 12th, 2004, 12:42:11 PM
As with any writing dealing with dark things.... it is writing. Make believe. We understand morals in our everyday lives.

These bastards on the other hand have no morals and are a waste of human flesh :mad It sickens me too but there is a difference between Dalethria the IC character and me the person :) That's all I need.

This is why I hate the news anyway.. nothing but horrors of the war and things going around the world. It's a scary place and if I thought abuot it to much you'd never see me here or hell, even out of my apartment.

imported_Grev Drasen
May 12th, 2004, 02:54:38 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en
Front page of the local news, with a description enough to get me to tear up and feel nauseous.
As if the description wasn't enough, my friend d/led the actual video and tried to show it to me. I'm normally immune to watching stuff like that but I had to refuse. That story's the most depressed I've gotten from something occurring in the news since 9/11, actually.

Navaria Tarkin
May 12th, 2004, 02:57:35 PM
the fact that you can download it sickens me as well.. I mean, the fact that it happened is more then enough to illicit feelings of hatred...

That is just my opinion.

Pierce Tondry
May 12th, 2004, 03:00:30 PM
Some people have a morbid fascination with that kind of thing. If they'd been present at the actual beheading, they would likely not be interested.

imported_Grev Drasen
May 12th, 2004, 03:05:44 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
the fact that you can download it sickens me as well.. I mean, the fact that it happened is more then enough to illicit feelings of hatred...

That is just my opinion.
The video originated on the internet to begin with, so it's no surprise to me that it spread so quickly.

I didn't watch it, but I imagine it'd be unbearable for me.

Navaria Tarkin
May 12th, 2004, 03:07:53 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
The video originated on the internet to begin with, so it's no surprise to me that it spread so quickly.

I didn't watch it, but I imagine it'd be unbearable for me.

I wasn't impying that you did :) just the general fact that someone was inconsiderate enough to put in on the internet is what ruffles my feathers.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 12th, 2004, 03:20:11 PM
If its anything as bad as the Chechen decapitation of a Russian soldier video, I don't think I'll be able to bear it.

imported_Grev Drasen
May 12th, 2004, 03:22:45 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
If its anything as bad as the Chechen decapitation of a Russian soldier video, I don't think I'll be able to bear it.
From what I've been told, the actual video is bad enough quality that it's not that graphic. It's the audio that's the creepiest.

Darth Viscera
May 12th, 2004, 04:09:48 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru

that noise he made was very disturbing to me

Darth007
May 12th, 2004, 04:15:15 PM
I admit I've tried to find and download it, but with no luck. Not because im fascinated by it, but out of curiousity, and mostly because I want to feel disgusted. If you aren't disgusted by that then there's something wrong with you.

AmazonBabe
May 12th, 2004, 05:10:02 PM
Kitty, you take all the time you need. We'll all still be here waiting for our fav Sorsha. :)

As to the beheading... I heard about it this morning. To think I thought we'd been through and done with this kind of inhumanity with that reporter that was captured. I guess that part of the world just has absolutely no morals at all. :\

EDIT: Just had this sent to me via email. I thought it was cool and wanted to share it (sorry for the repeat if it has already been posted): http://www.ebaumsworld.com/rolling911.html

Dae Jinn
May 12th, 2004, 08:10:47 PM
I have no idea what any of you are talking about, and, after seeing all this crap about soldiers mistreating prisoners and the fact that every sick and disgusting thing that's happening in the world is shown over and over on tv, I think I'd like to keep it that way.

:hug for Kitty-Kat from her save lil bubble.

Darth007
May 12th, 2004, 08:32:15 PM
that is really cool LV

Shanaria Fabool
May 13th, 2004, 02:48:17 PM
Yesterday a person got kicked out of the college I'm at for playing that beheading recording on the big screen projector in all the computer labs. Not the whole recording, just a segment of a short time before and after the head was cut off, put on loop. He also locked the keyboard so people couldn't shut it off properly.

The guy thought it was a funny joke to do that. I'm glad he got kicked out.

imported_Taja Loraan
May 14th, 2004, 10:41:42 AM
... Heh.