View Full Version : Hear me! Hear me!

Kwiet Ideya
May 11th, 2004, 07:32:02 AM
Finals have begun! I have one week in which to do the following:

Render a 3D character in Maya
Make a 30 second animation
Write a 5 page paper with 6 sources and footnotes
Study for a history final

Posting time will be drastically reduced! You will find me online only during class breaks, and every midnight for a half hour. When I'm posting, priority is given to this account, as I have promised Dae to complete all roleplays with this character and her characters as soon as I possibly can. In the event that I fail to post to a thread I'm in during this week, I promise a swift and immediate update on all posts next Wednesday, after all my finals are done.

Shade Magus
May 11th, 2004, 07:33:42 AM
No problem dude. Hope you do good on all your finals and projects.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 11th, 2004, 10:15:26 AM
I know what you mean Kwiet. My finals are starting in about 2 weeks and i have a computer tech final, an econ final and an english final. It is gonna be rough...But i hope that you do good on yours. Good luck.

Pierce Tondry
May 11th, 2004, 10:59:20 AM
One Wednesday.

One Thursday.

Then I'm free.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 11th, 2004, 11:04:11 AM
Yeah, I think mine are in the middle of the week to. But mine are durring regular school hours due to graduation and stuff.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 11th, 2004, 11:06:34 AM
one more tomorrow night and I am free!!!!!

Found out tho that if I get no points on the test I get a C in Calculus. :D

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 11th, 2004, 11:45:01 AM
Dang calculus. That sound rough. Good luck.

Kale
May 11th, 2004, 01:02:27 PM
Good luck, all y'all. Me, I finished with regular classes a week before last Friday. And today I started a three-week summer course.

5-page theology paper for Thursday! Woohoo!

A pair of 2-page position papers to follow!

Not that bad, really, once I get my topics down.

Estelle Russard
May 11th, 2004, 03:12:58 PM
Good luck on the finals Kwiet :)

And you other lot too !

Dae Jinn
May 11th, 2004, 03:15:25 PM
:hug

Thanks "son" ;) Good luck on all your finals everyone :D

Kwiet Ideya
May 13th, 2004, 07:44:39 PM
:hugs for his "mommy" ^___^

You know I'm doing something right when I get this sudden, overwhelming need to brag about it. Today I finished my entire Maya project in 3 hours. I rendered a 3D, goopy monster that sits atop a building with spotlights on him. I made a few different background images in Photoshop to get some idle practice with that program, put them behind the Maya project, and beheld its glory. Tomorrow I'll get the teacher's critique, make necessary changes, render it into a targa and a jpg, and be done! The jpg will go into Arcan IV's picture request, for the community's viewing pleasure.

My animation is half-way done. I have nearly all of the key frames drawn and most of the inbetweens. If I work hard all night and all tomorrow, I can be done before Monday.

Lastly, the paper. I have a thesis and plenty of information to back it up. All that's stopping me right now is lack of a word processor on these computer arts machines. I rock. Go me. :D ::does a happy dance:: :roll :crack

Dae Jinn
May 13th, 2004, 08:16:09 PM
Yay! :)

Good luck on getting it all done (soon) ;)

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 14th, 2004, 08:03:42 PM
Good luck everyone.

Kwiet Ideya
May 14th, 2004, 09:16:10 PM
I'm STUCK! :cry I'm stuck on my research paper at 1.5 pages! I can't figure out what else there is to say about Donald Judd or Minimalism. >_< Count on me to condense 4 books and over 3 websites into a 1.5 page space. I hate being concise, I HATE IT. It makes anything more than 2 pages nigh-impossible.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 14th, 2004, 09:24:16 PM
Originally posted by Kwiet Ideya
I'm STUCK! :cry I'm stuck on my research paper at 1.5 pages! I can't figure out what else there is to say about Donald Judd or Minimalism. >_< Count on me to condense 4 books and over 3 websites into a 1.5 page space. I hate being concise, I HATE IT. It makes anything more than 2 pages nigh-impossible.

LOL. I wish that I could help but sorry to say that I cant.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2004, 09:29:50 PM
Be verbose. In other words...well, use other words. Like Mojo Jojo, only not nearly as irritating or redudant.

Kwiet Ideya
May 14th, 2004, 11:27:04 PM
Flash of brilliance! :D Rather than write this paper, I'll do a project! I have that option, y'know. I'll do a mock-up of one of Marcel Duchamp's readymade sculptures, from the Dadaist movement! Of course, I may not find everything I need to make it with, so I'll keep writing on the side...oh, I hope this works...

Dae Jinn
May 15th, 2004, 12:18:47 AM
dada is awesome; just spit a lot on a piece of glass and call it art ;)

Kwiet Ideya
May 16th, 2004, 12:25:00 AM
HAHA! Library research has revealed that a good number of Duchamp's ready-made sculptures were just common items with his name painted on them! That's easy! I don't have to put anything together OR go dumpster diving for junk! And since it's so insanely simple, I get to have a big break tonight and part of tomorrow. Then, the studying. Oh, the studying. :cry

Lion El' Jonson
May 16th, 2004, 06:56:56 AM
Gah, good luck man!

I hope you survive. ^_^;

*Heads off to study for AP Precalculus*