PDA

View Full Version : Life of an ordinary man

Clarrke Benq
May 11th, 2004, 05:38:29 AM
Hi

You dont know me. You'll never know me, I suspect. I'm not like one of these Jedi or Senators, or nobles. I'm not a bounty hunter, a merc, a racer, a smuggler. I'm not a gunsliger or one of those Sith or dark Jedi. Hell, I'm not even an artist.

I am in fact just an ordinary guy, just trying to make his way in a Galaxy that's pretty big and complex. You know what i mean, one of those millions of plebs that march to work, do their job, get paid and march home again, to zone out on the couch and get bad food, while watching crappy reality holos, or Jedi melodramas. Then they go to sleep and in the morning, do it all over again, until siome point they retire and then wait out their remaining years until they die, to be cremated and disappear into the wherever we came from.

Hey, it's a living. Dont knock it. I could be one of the droogs in the underground. That's not living, that's just existing. Least, we plebs do somethign useful, keep the machine wheels oiled and stuff so that the high and mighties can do what they do best. Whatever that is. No one's ever explained it well to me.

Oh, whom am I? I'm Clarrke Benq. I'm about 190 cm tall, pretty fit cause I'm an exercise junky, I'm mid thirties human male. I'm single and not looking, so sorry ladies. Apparently they think I'm pretty good looking, but that dont bother me. Not that I'm gay or anything, I like women. It's just I dont like the idea of commitment. I have a few animals as pets, three of them that are called cats. a small feline if you dont know. Perfect pet for a city apartment.

I live on coruscant, the centre of the Galaxy. Not the physcial centre, but the political centre. It's an okay place I guess, bit soulless with these huge buildings everywhere. Lots to do tho, lots of beings to see. You can never be bored in this place.

I work in a place called Weyland Yutanti. It's a ship outfitter and I'm a 'technical assistant' In other words, I fix crap around the office. Computers, terminals, electrical, mechanical, you name it, I fix it. I can fix your flimsy shredder in a minute. I can rebuild the standard KYJ terminal in an hour. I have some of the best hydrospanners and air tools you can buy. Oh, and spanners. Sidys of course. As the ad says, you canna hand a.... yeah, you know how it goes. Whistle the tune too.

So.... wha else do you want to know?

Oh. You want to know how it all started. How I got here. Welll....... as they say in the classics,, that's a long story. I'll do my best to tell it.

Clarrke Benq
May 13th, 2004, 05:19:05 AM
It was pretty much like any other day. I got up about hour after sun up, still tired from the night before. See, I like to fiddle with electronics. Iw as up all night working on this really cool slicing kit I had gotten and it was a few hours after midnight I went to bed, happy witht he progress I had made inserting it into a prefectly ordinary looking MSE droid. The pieces were still over the floor when I woke up, I nearly trod on them as I stumbled to the kitchen for some stim juice. The bright light hurt my eyes - to be honest, I was no day person. I preferred the night and daylight never really did agree with me.

8 am, I was making my way to the main public transit way near my crummiy apartment. I had my backpack, some clothes on that didnt smell too bad and I was wearing eye specs. I had no real faitht hat my minor short sightedness woudl be fixed to my satisfaction by the medics and anyway, I liked how specs looked. Made me look intelligent and all that. So, waitign at the station. Had some food as I waited, also having a look at the babes as they waited as well. Nice eye candy, tho that didnt match the righteous babe that was Senator Evenstar. I saw she was speaking some crap about something, Like I cared. She was hot for a non human.

The speeder finally arrived and I suffered the B.O. and crowding of the 30 time tick trip to the office. One day I was goign to get myself my own speeder, I hated this part fo the day. Standing in a carrige with 1000 stinking, sweating, chattery humans and god knows what else was not a plesant start to the day.