PDA

View Full Version : Secret Window

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2004, 02:11:30 AM
Did anyone see this movie? I just saw it tonight at a 3 dollar theatre, and it was pretty messed up, imo. Plus, I just don't do well with jump scenes and suspense. Depp's performance was, of course, fantastic.

Plus it's based on a Steven King story. The twist was good, although I'm ashamed that I didn't see it coming. Anyone else have thoughts?

Darth Viscera
May 10th, 2004, 03:08:47 AM
3 dollar theater? is that somewhere between a regular theater and a dollar theater?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2004, 10:02:33 AM
No, it's a dollar theatre with inflation.

CMJ
May 10th, 2004, 10:04:03 AM
It's a discount theater. Some of these are "dollar theaters" and some are more. The one nearest me is 6 dollars, but it's a double feature, so it works out as 3 bucks per movie. One that I used to go to back in Texas was 2 dollars - and another one was $1.50.

There's a discount theater out in the valley that is the old dollar price. Basically...it's all over the map.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 10th, 2004, 10:06:15 AM
The three dollar one is a double feature as well. So, 1.50 per movie if you go to both.

But please, the movie!

imported_Ambrose Braeden
May 10th, 2004, 11:32:31 AM
I saw it but did not like it like i thought i would. I thought it would have been more suspencefull than it was.

Phantom
May 10th, 2004, 12:33:01 PM
Gah, I wish I had a discount theater around here. Tired of paying 8-9 bucks just to see a movie.

Anyways, I loved the movie, thought it was great. Though I kinda figured out the twist, but still very good movie. As you said, Depp was of cource bad <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

Madmartigan
May 10th, 2004, 12:55:43 PM
Yep. we got the same thing the $3 theatre, than the $1.50 theatre

it hits the the $3 theatre first than the $1.50 theatre. I figure we might get another $3 theatre soon since they are opening a new 10 seating mexaplex soon (the same company owns every single theatre in town, and the reason they created the $3 theatre is because nobody was going to that theatre since it was an older theatre and they have been putting in new state of the art stadium seating theatres)

I am looking foward to the new stadium 10 (yea i know creative name huh, we got the stadium 8 too) because its close to my house less than 2 miles, while the 8 is like 15 miles across town to get to.

Razielle Shadana
May 12th, 2004, 09:32:08 AM
I just saw it last week at the $1.50 theatre. ;)

Depp - awesome as always, especially at the end. I actually had no idea it was going to turn out the way it did and I am usually pretty good with that. Clearly I was distracted by a pretty face.

I kept wishing those two would get it anyways.. The wife and boyfriend.

But the corn was just freaky...

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2004, 11:51:48 AM
I couldn't imagine eating it. "Mmm yummy, my ex-wife makes good corn. And when I say she makes good corn, I really mean it!"