PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Sleep? (Kack, semi-open)

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 12:10:35 AM
<font size=1>ooc. let's keep it to a few people this time, lol. thanks!</font>

A man, boy really, sits at a lone table in a small cafe on some god-forsaken planet that no-one knows, or cares, about. He's dressed differently from the regulars who have now fled, running like scared rats from a sinking ship. His straw hat covers his face, as do the long strips of cloth that hang from it. His cloak is open, only slightly, and in his hand rests a single cup of tea.

At his sandaled feet lays another man; one with needles where his eyes should be. Kyashi leans down, plucking the senbon from their resting places, putting them back into his pocket. He places a few creds on the table and leaves. The only sound signalling to the frightened staff of the cafe his departure is the soft ding of the chime hanging from his hat.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 12:20:48 AM
Kack saw a large amount of people fleeing from a restaurant. He felt that it was his duty to investigate the problem. He was a Jedi after all... a keeper of peace in the galaxy.

The padawan rushed towards the restaurant and slammed hard into a young man. The Darkside was strong with him.

"What's going on in there?" Kack inquired.

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 12:27:43 AM
"No idea."

Kyashi brushed himself off with his left hand, still shrouded by his cloak. Kack could barely see the smirk on the boys face as he realised just what had bumped into him. A jedi. Perfect.

He continued on his way, leaving Kack to discover exactly what happened on his own.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 12:54:39 AM
Kack could immediately sense what had happened in the room as he walked in.

"Oh no!"

He quickly dashed out the door and felt for the young man's presence.

He was long gone. The Jedi quickly saw a parked speeder and hopped in.

"I'll bring it back... I promise."

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 01:01:17 AM
Kyashi wasn't long gone, as the Jedi had thought. He stood, perfectly silent and still atop the cafe. Watching. Waiting. Keeping his Force abilities in check (through much concentration on his part). He watched the Jedi jump into the speeder, and smiled.

A single senbon whistled through the air, catching Kack in the back of the neck.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 01:13:08 AM
The senbon strikes Kack hard in the neck, but doesn't penetrate very far through his thick neck muscles. Using the Force, pushes the pain from his mind and quickly spinds the speeder around heading back where he came from.

The speeder came to a screeching halt as the Jedi leapt from his seat.

"You! You were responsible for the death of that man! And you tried to kill me!"

The Jedi removed the needle sticking out of his neck.

"Why did you kill that man?"

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 01:18:11 AM
Two senbon twirled between Kyashis' fingers as he watched the Jedi huff his way from his speeder.

"Why did I kill that man? Because, I wanted to kill him."

His voice held no emotion as he spoke, stating his reasons as if he were talking about something mundane, like the weather.

"Any more questions?"

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 01:20:06 AM
"Who are you? The Force is strong in you... but the Darkside is overwhelming! Speak! Give your name Dark stranger!"

Kack could sense the senbon twirling in the warrior's fingers. He was waiting for them to come sailing in his direction.

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 01:28:42 AM
The senbon stopped, and were placed back inside his cloak. His hand came up to remove his hat, the chime making a faint noise as he lowered it. Dull red eyes stared down at the Jedi, the rest of the boys' face emotionless.

"Hatake. Kyashi." The hat dropped, and in a flash more senbon were sent showering down on Kack.

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 01:31:43 AM
The Jedi reacted quickly with lightning like reflexes and the hail of senbond were stopped in mid air. The needles then dropped to the ground uselessly.

"I do not wish to fight you, Kyashi. Please, give yourself up. This can be dealt with without violence."

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 01:48:25 AM
He shook his head.
"Just like a Jedi. Always preaching non-violence, but when people don't bow down and obey, you use your Force tricks and lightsabers instead of your words."

The senbon on the ground shook, then rose into Kyashis' waiting grasp. He smiled. "That's what's next, right? You try to talk me out of my life of darkness, and when that doesn't work, you cut me down, because I'm just another darksider. Just another murderer."

The hair on the back of Kacks' neck starts to rise as Kyashi unknowingly let's his thoughts slip through. A womans battered and bloodied body lying life-less on a tile floor. A man with a knife; the same man, this time with his skull crashed and face caved in. The sound of a child crying. More needles whistling through the air, and countless bodies, all faceless and dead. Not the rage of your stereotypical Sith. A simmering hate and anger that had been controlled, molded into something...different. Anger as a reason for existance. Killing to feel alive, serving the Darkside to feel needed and wanted. These were the thoughts and feelings Kack could sense coming from the boys' subconcious.

"Tell me, dear Jedi, haven't you ever injured someone? Killed someone for what you believe in? Wouldn't you do whatever was neccessary in order to protect those who are most precious to you, to protect your beliefs?"

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 02:52:16 PM
"I have killed very few men. And only when there was no other choice. When it was kill or be killed. As I Jedi I stand to protect many things. Those weaker than I, those in need, and those who are dear to me... my brothers and sisters... and my friends..."

Kack Mebuff stood there. He was like a modern day samurai. His honor always stood before his bravado. Kack was a pillar of strenght both physical and emotional and even great spiritual strength. The Force was strong with him. He was a Jedi.

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 03:13:42 PM
"Hmm, then we've done the same things in the past, Jedi. I have killed because I did not want to be killed, but I have also killed simply to feel alive."

His hand slipped back into his cloak, resting there as the boy continued.

"Doesn't it make you feel alive, having the Force flow through you as you strike down your "enemies"? Doesn't it give you a sense of purpose when you're fighting Darksiders? That is the same feeling I get from killing and causing chaos."

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:16:30 PM
"I feel alive because I am alive and am doing what is right. Not by striking down a foe. I feel alive by living not dealing out death! And fighting Darksiders is only part of the job. It is not a purpose. My purpose is to help maintain peace in this galaxy."

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 03:26:33 PM
"But, how do you know it's right?"

Kyashi walked to the edge of the roof, hopping off and landing in a crouch in front of Kack. Dust sent up framed the small boy (only 5' tall) before billowing away in the breeze.

"What if everything you believe is wrong? How would you feel than?"

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:37:43 PM
"The Force tells me what is right and what is wrong. As does my conscience. I follow the Jedi Code."

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 03:44:59 PM
He shook his head.

"Tsk tsk. The Force is a "thing", how can it tell you what is right and wrong when it doesn't know itself? The same Force that tells you what is right is used by people like me to do what is wrong. And the Jedi code; a list of rules used to make you less than human."

The boy frowned, looking up at the Jedi. "I pity your kind."

Kack Mebuff
May 10th, 2004, 03:47:37 PM
"The Force guides us. It is like a loving parent. And we use the code as a guideline. It does not dictate our every action. I pity you for not being able to find your inner light. I have already begun to master my darkness and soon I will be able to utilize it. But you have not learned to harness your lightside."

Kyashi
May 10th, 2004, 08:49:33 PM
Kyashi laughed a bit, showing his age. He was, after all, a boy.

"The Force took my parents from me. It took my Master from me. It's lead me on this path to the darkside, and I'm sure one day it will be the end of me," He began to pace around Kack, his hands hidden inside his cloak. "Would you consider something that causes so much pain for those who wield it a "loving parent"? You say you pity me for not harnessing my "lightside". I pity you because you seem to be blinded by it."

He stopped, standing directly in front of Kack. He seemed to be studying the Jedi, as if he could see what was wrong with him by observing his actions and reactions. With a tug from the Force, his straw hat was once again in his hand. He smiled, placing it back upon his head, turning away from Kack as he spoke.

"I'm sure you're expecting me to fight you, but I don't think you'd be worth my time."

Kack Mebuff
May 11th, 2004, 11:31:21 PM
"Not all parents are without their flaws. And a parent's guidance can be miscontrued as one wishes. The Force did not lead you down the path of the Darkside. You chose your own path. Do not use the Force as a scapegoat for your own frailties. I was blinded by a thermal detonator. Not the Force. The Force has given me sight beyond anything I have ever known."

Kack could sense the Darkside within Kyashi. The pain, the fear, the hatred.

"I do not wish to fight you. I am a keeper of peace. I said that before..."

Kyashi
May 11th, 2004, 11:44:01 PM
"Fine, then walk with me."

His sandals make a light crunch as he started walking away from the Jedi.

Kack Mebuff
May 11th, 2004, 11:53:00 PM
Kack walked beside the warrior.

"Just because I do not wish to fight you, does not mean you do not have to answer for your crime," Kack reminded Kyashi.

Kyashi
May 12th, 2004, 12:12:50 AM
"Mmmhmmm."

The boy seemed not to care about what had taken place inside the cafe. He walked slowly beside the Jedi, his face hidden beneath his hat.

"You realise that I will not go with you, and if you try to take me in, I will kill you."

Kack Mebuff
May 12th, 2004, 12:27:27 AM
Kack smirked slightly.

"Kill me? I think you underestimate me as a warrior and as a Jedi, my young friend. And do not worry. I will not underestimate you. I have long learned that one cannot tell anything from outward appearances. But just as much as I do not know you... you do not know me."

Kyashi
May 12th, 2004, 12:41:03 AM
"I think I can make some appropriate guesses about you. You're a Jedi, but you're only a padawan. A knight or a higher leveled warrior wouldn't let his guard down and walk with the enemy, or at least,' he chuckled." I would hope they wouldn't. I'm sure you're strong in Force-use, and good with a saber - most Jedi are reliant on those skills these days. You'll rely on techniques and fighting styles rather than your wits."

The boy paused, shrugging lightly. "I suppose it isn't your fault; it seems to be how they're breeding Jedi now."

Kack Mebuff
May 12th, 2004, 01:04:28 AM
"Some of your assumptions are correct. I am, of course, a Jedi padawan. I have been for almost two years now. There is something you were quite wrong about, though. I'm not as powerful in the Force as I would like to be. I am training to be a Jedi Warrior. So my Force use is much more combat based. Although I am excellent with a saber. I am yet to find a padawan who can best me with a lightsaber."

He paused for a moment.

"I'm no fool either. I've used my wits more than once to get me out of some ugly situations. I spent most of my youth around a much rougher crowd than I do these days."

Kyashi
May 12th, 2004, 01:14:48 AM
"Hmm. And what are your assumptions about me?"

Kack Mebuff
May 12th, 2004, 01:20:46 AM
"I know only this... you are a Sith and you're damn good with those senbon of yours."

Kack motioned towards Kyashi's pockets.

"I dealt with a lot of prejudice on my home planet. We were poor, most of the other familes weren't. I got judged a lot. So I don't judge anymore."

Kyashi
May 12th, 2004, 01:33:56 AM
"Ugh." He shot Kack a disgusted look. "I am NOT a Sith."

He smiled as the Jedi mentioned his weapon of choice. Removing one of the long needles from inside his cloak, he easily spun it through his fingers, up and down the length of his hand.

"I was trained as an assassin, from the age of seven until now. The Force guides my hand, and my senbon. It's all a matter of finding and hitting your target."

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 12:29:08 AM
"You are not a Sith? That's interesting. The Darkside is very strong with you."

Kack nodded as Kyashi talked about his training.

"You are trained well. I can see that. It's not just finding and hitting your target, young Kyashi. It is also anticipating your enemy's reaction."

Kyashi
May 16th, 2004, 12:41:52 AM
"I don't have to anticipate anything when the person is already a corpse."

He sighed as the pair continued walking. "There was a time when I hated every Force-user, even though I was one of them. Strange, isn't it?"

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 12:44:23 AM
"Indeed... why such strong hatred towards us?"

Kack gestured to himself and Kyashi as he spoke.

Kyashi
May 16th, 2004, 01:06:11 AM
"The Force is what caused my parents deathes. I can't forgive it as easily as others can. It cause the death of my master Okami-sama as well."

Kack could again sense the same thoughts as before. The boys face had taken on a look of utter disgust, "Even though I am a Force-user, I still hate it for what it did to me."

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 01:11:20 AM
Kack nodded.

"To be angry is to be human. As Jedi we learn to harness our anger. Because to deny our anger would be to deny all emotion. But we learn to use it. Release it in short bursts. But we are never consumed by it. Perhaps you too could learn to harness your anger... use it for better uses."

Kyashi
May 16th, 2004, 01:29:49 AM
"Heh, I don't think my new Master would approve if I went the way of the Jedi. And I have sworn my loyalty to him."

Kyashi smiled, his mind picking up on a new idea. "You wouldn't by any chance know the Dragon Jedi, would you?"

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 01:30:46 AM
Kack raised an eyebrow?

"The Dragon Jedi? Does this Jedi have a name?" the padawan inquired.

He was a bit interested now.

Kyashi
May 16th, 2004, 02:52:23 PM
"Hmm, I believe it starts with a "K"...Kanshi, Kanji? He's some type of alien beast that resembles a dragon. And a female Jedi with a young child."

Kyashi is being careful with how he poses his questions; he wants to gain as much information as he can about the dragon Jedi and his female friend, without giving his intentions away.

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 11:56:47 PM
"I do not know this dragon Jedi that you speak of. The Order is rather large. There are so many of us in the galaxy. It's hard to keep tabs on everyone."

Kack attempted to sense for Kyashi's intentions, but found none.

"Why do you ask?"

Kyashi
May 17th, 2004, 12:03:36 AM
"The last I saw him...he was quite a mess."

He laughed, saying nothing more of his encounter with the Jedi padawans at the Happy Sunshine teahouse.

Kack Mebuff
May 17th, 2004, 12:06:00 AM
"I take it by your tone that he was quite a mess due to your actions, young assassin."

Kack sensed a very certain darkness surrounding Kyashi... so very dark.

"What makes you do what you do?" the Jedi inquired.

Kyashi
May 17th, 2004, 12:10:38 AM
"Loyalty, I suppose. I was loyal to my master Okami-sama, because he brought me in off the streets and cared for me. Taught me to wield the Force. I am loyal to my new master for similar reasons. It gives me a sense of purpose, a reason to keep on living."

Kack Mebuff
May 20th, 2004, 09:23:25 PM
Kack nodded.

"Loyalty is important. Especially to those you hold dear. But sometimes loyalty can be misused. I am loyal to the Jedi but if they asked me to do something I felt was wrong, I would not act on it. My honor comes before my loyalty."

Kyashi
May 20th, 2004, 09:47:15 PM
"Hmmm, well, there's another thing we disagree on then. My loyalty has kept me alive, without it, I would be nothing. Useless. Everyone deserves a purpose in life; mine happens to be to serve the Darkside and my master to the best of my abilities."

Kack Mebuff
May 24th, 2004, 09:27:19 PM
Kack nodded solemnly.

"It seems that we do not agree on much, Kyashi..."