PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Jungle (Morgan)

Sin Vamel
May 9th, 2004, 03:06:52 PM
There was a haunting transition taking place as I sat, uncomfortably, in the clammy, smelly room which had accommodated me for almost a week on my journey to Yavin. The freighter had landed no more than a minute ago and slowly, the growling sound of engines and hissing of coolant was fading and these loud, mechanical sounds were being replaced my a soft organic hum. Outside I could hear the sound of insects in the tall grass, a trickling stream bubbling over some protruding rocks, exotic birds squawking in chorus and rustling of trees being blown in the gentle breeze.

I’m not usually one for nature but it was a very welcome change given the seven long days of boredom and discomfort I’ve had to endure to get here; so this had better be worth it; and aboard a supplies freighter no less. There was nothing; no form of entertainment or recreation, the crew were always busy repairing things and the few passengers seemed to possess less personality than a walking stick. So after seven days of waiting, what else do I find myself doing after arriving but more waiting; it was infuriating!

Twenty minutes passed and I was called for, a member of the crew who I had not seen opened my room door and beckoned me outside were I would meet for the first time, my master, whoever it was to be; my only thoughts were: ‘What if he is a crazy, old hermit?’ The kind that will make you make them herbal tea and scrub their dirty toenails and insist that it is good, wholesome labour which will turn me into a Jedi. A shudder runs down my back as I apprehensively walk down the ramp and onto the gravel of the landing platform which seemed to have been placed smack-bang in the dead centre of a jungle. This didn’t look good.

“So, now what?”

Morgan Evanar
May 14th, 2004, 07:20:08 PM
When the ship's waste gasses had mostly stopped escaping, they revealed the two meter Jedi Master. While he wasn't an empath by any stretch of the immagination, Sin was obviously nervous. Morgan said nothing. He was seemingly preoccupied with the gasses that swirled around Sin, and chewing on a twig that tasted rather minty.

Another woosh from the ventilation systems tugged at Morgan's grey, knee length jacket. Underneath, a traditional creme colored Jedi tunic, and middle brown slacks. Sin ducked his head down slightly at the second gas release.

He's cautious. Morgan noted.

"Welcome to Yavin." The Jedi Master's voice was just loud enough to be heard clearly over the exhaust venting.

"I hope the trip wasn't too uncomfortable."

Sin Vamel
May 15th, 2004, 06:13:19 PM
"Too being the key word here."

I called back to the tall man, approaching him with a steady pace; it was nice to be back on solid ground again but would take some getting used to and that pain in my neck wasn't about to disappear anytime soon. My free hand was rubbing my sore neck while in the other was my luggage. Coming to a stop, I drop my things and smile.

"I'm Sin Vamel, good to meet you. You must be--"

For a moment I pause, my hand already outstretched in genial greeting, and that was when the obvious dawned on me. Immediately, I snatched my hand back and bowed.

"Frell! Sorry, you must be my master." I glanced up and offered a consoling grin.

"Looks like you drew the short straw."

Morgan Evanar
May 18th, 2004, 06:58:07 PM
"The Jedi Master returned the bow, and felt a bit more awkward for it. Sin had a rougeish quality about him that was slightly unsettling. Further, something about him smelled of trouble. On some level, this Padawan wasn't being wholly honest.

Morgan's face looked very quizical for a moment. Short straw? Some questions were deffinately in order. Sin was a curious character with an interesting name.

"Thats an interesting statement, Padawan Vamel. And its slightly puzzling. Why would I have had to draw a short straw?"

Sin Vamel
May 19th, 2004, 08:36:29 AM
"Well, I'm not exactly a model student." I answer with immediate honesty.

"I still haven't got used to the bowing, I keep forgetting, but that doesn't mean I haven't been trying. It's just that everything is um-- well, so different."

My eyes wander, taking in my surroundings I glance over my shoulder both ways and turn back to Morgan, unimpressed. "So this is Yavin, eh?"

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2004, 01:26:06 PM
"Aye. Tis not Coruscant, for certain." Morgan said with a smile. Sin was a city boy. Not having its bustle was disorienting for his type. Morgan was perfect content to give up a repulsor hum for a breeze rustling in the trees.

"I'm not the most formal of the Jedi, which might be part of why the Council thought it wise to send you here to Yavin. Its not cosmopolitan or metropolitan, although it was much more heavily populated about four thousand years ago. There are ruins across the entire planet. We're sitting in the Alliance's old north base, which was obviously not made by the Alliance." Morgan gestured to his left at the sloping structure that rose off the ground and up fifty meters.

"Truth be told, I wasn't told anything about you beyond the fact that you'd be arriving on this transport. Why'd you decide to be a Jedi?"