PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the bar... (open)

Sarr Koon
May 9th, 2004, 01:19:22 AM
The Kel Dor walked into the bar. All the smells of the bar hit him at once. A Kel Dor had better senses then most sentinents and thus made them more sensitive. He had just recently returned from dealing with some problems on his home planet of Dorin. A droid rolled up to Sarr and he checked his lightsaber with it. The last thing the bar needed was drunken patrons with weapons. Sarr, however, drank in small amounts and not enough to get drunk

Sarr walked over to an empty booth and sat down. The server droid rolled up to him and he ordered an Alderaanian ale. Within moments the droid had returned with his order. The Kel Dor reached down to his belt and pulled out a special drinking tube. The anti-oxygen mask that a Kel Dor had to wear in oxygen rich enviornments made drinking difficult.

Sarr stuck the tube into his drink and then slipped it through the hole in his mask to take a drink. The hole in the mask was blocked when the tube wasn't passed through it. Hopefully someone would be willing to join him. Other humanoids were often tentative when approaching a Kel Dor.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 10th, 2004, 08:44:04 AM
*Natia followed Sarr into the B&G and before she can even be requested to remove her weapons, she unclips her lightsaber, and two daggers from her side. When the persist on requesting for her other weapons, she looks at them and says that she has no other weapons and she knows better then to bring them in here since she'd be kicked out if she didn't remove them. When the continue to persist, she tells them to screw off because she has no more weapons on her person.

It must be the way she's dressed which is getting them to question her like them. She is dressed in a black leather bodysuit, black gloves, black leather boots, at her waist is a black leather belt which her weapons were clipped to, and she's also wearing a black hooded cloak, the hood's pulled up over her head.

After they finally let her past and into the B&G itself, she walks up to the bar and orders a cola. A quick glance around shows that there are relatively few places to sit, but there is a booth with only one occupant. There, if he will allow her, she shall sit.

When she gets her cola, she walks over to Sarr and looks down at him since he's seated and she's standing*

Mind if I join you??

Sarr Koon
May 10th, 2004, 05:53:41 PM
The Kel Dor motioned at the seat across from him with his clawed hand. He noticed right away she was clothed entirely in black. Her hood was pulled over her face in such a manner that Sarr saw only shadows. Slipping the tube through his mask, he took another drink of the Alderaanian ale.

"Hello, my name is Sarr."

He offered his hand to the stranger over the table.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 11th, 2004, 10:07:09 AM
Pleased to meet you.

*Natia shakes Sarr's hand*

Names Natia.

*Natia sits down across from Sarr before she takes a sip of her cola*

Sarr Koon
May 11th, 2004, 11:43:25 AM
The Kel Dor noticed that Natia was only drinking a cola. Obviously she wasn't to fond of intoxicating beverages. Sarr only drank every one in a while and in small amounts. One could never tell when they would need their wits about them.

"Where are you from."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 11th, 2004, 01:29:17 PM
I'm from a colony planet from the middle of nowhere. And I'm guessing that since you're a Kel Dor, you're from the planet Dorin.

And yes, I actually do like my alcholic beverages, but I don't drink them very often anymore. And besides, I'm just a teenager.

Sarr Koon
May 11th, 2004, 05:47:08 PM
Astonishment raced through Sarr like a bolt of electricity. Can this girl read my mind?? The thought of someone reading his mind was far from pleasant. The Kel Dor had nothing to fear, but nonetheless it made him feel uneasy. No physical reaction could be gauged by Natia. It was next to impossible to read a Kel Dor's reactions.

"You would be correct in that assumption. I was born and raised on Dorin."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 12th, 2004, 09:06:12 AM
*Natia nods her head slightly. Unknown to Sarr, she's Lorrdian so she's very good at reading body language. As good at it as she is speaking verbally*

I'm happy to know I didn't put my foot in my mouth this time. There are times when I do just speak up about where a person's from and get it majorly wrong.

Sarr Koon
May 12th, 2004, 05:40:56 PM
The Kel Dor nodded his head in understanding.

"You are a Jedi? I haven't see you before, but I have just returned from Dorin so I haven't seen much of anything yet.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 13th, 2004, 09:48:37 AM
Yeah, I'm a Jedi and I think I remember seeing you around ages ago. I was a little kid at the time though and I looked far different then I do now.

And yes, I know I don't look the part of a Jedi, but I find the Jedi robes to be cumbersome and annoying so I don't wear them.

Sarr Koon
May 13th, 2004, 04:48:20 PM
Sarr nodded in understanding, however he much preferred the Jedi garb.

"Your feelings are understandable. I much prefer the Jedi clothing over all else, however. Helps me to know that I belong to something."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 14th, 2004, 09:57:49 AM
I wear what's both comfortable and appropriate at the time. Like if I'm ever called before the Council, I would not go dressed like this. But dressing like this helps me to blend in with the shadows so I can track ppl easier.

Sarr Koon
May 15th, 2004, 12:57:31 AM
Again the Kel Dor nodded his mased head at Natia to show that he understood. Sarr took another drink of his ale and gazed across the table at Natia.

"So...how long have you been with the Jedi?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 15th, 2004, 08:56:48 AM
Since I was about six or seven, though for a few years after I joined, I'd run away from awhile because I was hurting and it seemed like the Jedi didn't care. Now I know that they do care, but were rather busy.

And yourself??

Sarr Koon
May 16th, 2004, 12:41:02 AM
"I was with the Jedi for a brief 3-4 months before my departure to Dorin. As much as I did not like to leave, there was little i could do."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 16th, 2004, 09:30:16 AM
There is usually little a person can do when they have to leave for some reason. It's whether or not they decide to return that is different. You, you decided to return and that shows how much you still want to be here learning. Others leave and never come back.

Drake Shadowstalker
May 16th, 2004, 02:09:50 PM
oops

Sarr Koon
May 16th, 2004, 02:10:55 PM
"I am greatly honored to be a member of the Order and would do nothing to forsake that honor. Return I must when I am able, I constantly told myself. And now, here I am. Which area of the Force do you specialize in?"

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 17th, 2004, 10:04:38 AM
Animal empathy. I've got a snow owl companion because of it and I care about Poledra dearly.

What about yourself??

Sarr Koon
May 17th, 2004, 11:56:15 AM
"I'm still learning all of the different aspects of the Force and have yet to find my area that I excel best at. Combat seems to be my strongest ally with the aide of the Force. The Kel Dor have excellent reflexes and when using the Force to enhance them, it almost seems that we possess precognition."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 18th, 2004, 08:23:05 AM
That must be nice. My biggest skill when it comes to fighting is to hide. I've got a few things happening with my body right now which could get a child beating me.

Sarr Koon
May 18th, 2004, 10:50:33 AM
Sarr was unable to ignore his racial curiosity and he asked her what she meant by her last statement.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 18th, 2004, 10:58:12 AM
I was beaten as a little girl by my legal guardian. The injuries I recieved then never fully healed and well, as a result, if I get tired, I can't walk without help. Fighting tires a person quicker so I'd be beaten up after my legs gave out on me.

Sarr Koon
May 18th, 2004, 11:41:51 AM
Sarr tensed up when he heard of Natia being beaten as a child. Kel Dor were known for seeing issues in black and white. Something was either good or bad and nothing in between. The beating of a child would most definatly calssify it's self as bad. Kel Dor were also known to take matters into their own hands to see that justice was served.

"I am sorry to hear that. I would be angered to know that this person still breathes."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 18th, 2004, 11:45:36 AM
Oh, don't worry, he's going to be brought to justice for the crimes he has committed.

*Natia doesn't say that she's going to make her legal guardian suffer before she kills him*

But I was used to being beaten. My Father beat me everyday. He got killed one day when he went to far.

Sarr Koon
May 18th, 2004, 07:32:52 PM
"When he is punished, justice will be well served. Your father got killed? By who?"

Again the Kel Dor could not ignore his overwhelming sense of curiosity and it got the better of him.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 08:44:47 AM
I killed my Father when I was 4. He was beating me, I was scared and had no idea what I was going.

*Natia says this quite calmly as if it is one of the most natural things to talk about*

Sarr Koon
May 19th, 2004, 10:57:49 AM
Instinctively Sarr knew that Natia had done such an act only in self defense. Her Father must have been drunk or on narcotics in order to have been struck down by such a young child. The Kel Dor part of him was strong yet again and he asked her how she had killed him.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 11:02:34 AM
I'm still not completely sure of what I did other then I used the Force for the first time I can remember. He was beating me, and then he clutched his throat, as if he couldn't breath. And he couldn't. He died looking at me, his eyes pleading as if to ask me to let him go.

He was completely sober and not on any drugs. He didn't believe in using that stuff.

*Natia picks up her cola and finishes it quickly. She doesn't like thinking of what she did to her Father. She still has nightmares of it*

Sarr Koon
May 19th, 2004, 11:27:54 AM
Sarr could tell that this particular subject was far from Natia's favorite and was making her uncomfortable. Kel Dor possessed a form of telepathy and an ability to read the minds of other sentinents. It was not his intention to read her thoughts, however, in some instances when the emotions of others are strong it can't be helped. He recognized the method she had used to kill her father.

"Force Kill...? Interesting to say the least. To my knowledge, that technique is practiced by fallen Jedi and the Sith."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 19th, 2004, 11:31:38 AM
Yeah, it is, and it's the first time I ever remember using the Force for anything.

*Natia waves a serving droid over and orders an ale at this point, deciding she needs one*

But when you're a small child who's scared, frightened and beaten, as well as having Force potential, nasty things can happen to the one who's beating you.

Sarr Koon
May 19th, 2004, 11:51:03 AM
Sarr had forgotten about his ale entirely so enthralled was he by the conversation. The Kel Dor decided to divert the conversation along a different path, to take Natia's mind away from unpleasant thoughts.

"Yes, I showed signs of the Force early in my childhood. Although they were quite different. The reflexes of the Kel Dor are astounding by nature, which makes them such talented fighters. I showed Force sensitivity when my racial reflexes mixed with the Force. This is turn provided me with an amazing ability to react very quickly, hence the reason why I am more talented with fighting then the Force."

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 21st, 2004, 02:27:27 PM
Give it time, and the Force will seem a natural to you as breathing. Perhaps a day will come when you being more talented with fighting then the Force will seem like a distant memory, as if from another liftetime.

Sarr Koon
May 21st, 2004, 11:39:30 PM
"That could very well be. I will continue to master both areas and maybe...someday...I will learn greater control of the Force."