PDA

View Full Version : VR-4 race debut

Marcus Telcontar
May 8th, 2004, 09:22:38 AM
Finally, after nearly 4 years!

And hell, was I rusty. I aint raced for a fair time either. Did manage to break a side indicator going too close to a tree, spot lights failed within two meters (that was bad), but the ralyl car survived the day and night otherwise unscathed.

Driver scared himself plenty of times, but managed to really improve on the reverse runs of the tests. 10 seconds a kilometre faster.

And managed a huge sideways powerslide that kicked rocks into spectactor's faces.

And managed to have one of the bestest times. The Galant is awesome, slides liek a dream, accelerates like a shot from a mortar, spits flame, noisy..... sex on 4 wheels.

and now, at 1 am, I go to bed, much happier that the end of a 4 year project approaches.

Oh, in the first direction, 20th outright while fighting the car as I had no idea WTF I was doing.

When I left for the evening,, the reverse run saw me 2nd outright. I expect that to change, some of the quick car's hadnt finished. But it should see me safely into the top ten. Bit of practice, some much better working lights, winning outright could well be on in a few months. Damn good for a car new to competition. And a driver so rusty, he needed a four inch angle grinder to clean up.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 11:39:29 AM
Congratulations on survivng! :p

(Alex) Jacen
May 8th, 2004, 01:08:29 PM
:o That's rusty? Dang.

Admittedly, I had to read that a few times, and play with little toy cars so I'd understand everything, but it all sounds cool. :D

Khendon Sevon
May 8th, 2004, 02:37:39 PM
Ah, so when do we see a video ;)

Glad to hear you had fun.