PDA

View Full Version : Colin Farrell in Alexander

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 06:56:59 AM
I was just browsing a Jared Leto site when I came across this image of Leto and Colin Farrell in Alexander.

http://www.oblivious-angel.org/jared/images/alexander2.jpg

Thoughts on Colin's hairstyle? :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 10:52:17 AM
I can't find the picture. :huh

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 10:57:18 AM
oops. put the wrong link in there. fixed now.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 11:13:11 AM
AUGH! :eek

What...what did they doooo to him?

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 11:39:29 AM
Well they gave him Alexander's hair :p Every statue, and painting I have seen Alexander had that style. Still not sure about this film, this is the Stone one right? I have a feeling we going to get some conspiracy theories in this one.

Master Yoghurt
May 8th, 2004, 11:45:33 AM
I am sooo looking forward to this movie! :)

CMJ
May 8th, 2004, 11:47:56 AM
I'm interested to see what Stone does with the material, but I do wonder about conpiracy theroies. ;) I'm definitely looking more forward to his Alexander flick than Baz Luhrman's(who also is planning on making one).

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 11:55:26 AM
Yeah I am afraid Stone is going to have Alexander kill his father (which no historian thinks happened) and one of his generals kill Alexander (which didn't happen either) if that is the case I think I might skip it completely I don't want to see a mockery of history like that.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 8th, 2004, 12:11:58 PM
If Alexander is played by anyone over the age of seventeen, it just won't seem right to me. That was part of his amazing legends, was that he was so young, and became so powerful by his own hand.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 12:18:31 PM
Well that I can live with honestly, its a minor thing. It is hard to find a good actor around 16-18 who could pull it off, IMO.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 12:33:23 PM
How about Hayden Christenson?!

*falls down laughing*

But seriously, I bet it'll be fine, but it's hard to see Colin looking like that. :cry

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 12:35:52 PM
Hayden Christensen I think is not a bad actor heck he is no worse than Leo and Leo is playing Alexander in the other movie :p

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 12:40:09 PM
Leo is a better actor than Hayden by far, I think.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 12:41:40 PM
Heh I am not sure about that, he is done some horrible films of late, The Beach comes to mind. I just don't like Leo I guess I thank god that snobby actor never got to play Anakin.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 12:47:03 PM
Just because the movie is bad doesn't mean the acting is.

Madmartigan
May 8th, 2004, 12:50:29 PM
Leo is a good actor who makes bad movie choices, all you need to do is watch Eating Gilbert Grape or Catch Me if you Can to see that he has talent that he wastes too often with bad roles.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 12:53:28 PM
Heh I still don't like him, the only reason I liked Catch me if you can was Hanks and Spielberg.

Madmartigan
May 8th, 2004, 12:57:27 PM
I never said you had to like him, until recently I despised Tom Cruise but he has made 3 really good movies lately that has made me like him Minority Report, Vanilla Sky and The Last Samurai. Its a matter of choice i guess, I bet you could probably find someone who didn't like Tom Hanks.

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2004, 01:01:40 PM
DiCaprio is a FAR superior actor than Hayden Christensen.

He was my favorite character in the Quick and the Dead, and his stuff in Catch me if you Can and Whats Eating Gilbert Grape are awesome.

As for the pic, meh. I don't know about Macedonians and blonde hair ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2004, 01:06:05 PM
Well they did have to realize Macedonia is far to the north of Greece and I think if I have this correct, there descendents come from farther north. Still tradionally though Alexander has been depicted more as having redish brown hair like in this painting which is the most famous one of him

http://www.hidden-dreams.com/Julie/alex/alexander_mosaic2.jpg

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 01:57:37 PM
;) But Chuckles, can't you see his brown roots?

CMJ
May 8th, 2004, 03:16:07 PM
DiCaprio is a great actor. Even in some of the weaker films he's been in, he's been good(take Marvin's Room for instance). Hayden Christianson is actually a pretty decent actor if you go by his body of work. He has only done a few films though, so the jury is still out on him.

Sanis Prent
May 9th, 2004, 06:08:10 PM
Christensen didn't disappoint me in AotC, don't get me wrong. I thought he filled the role out nicely, ESPECIALLY later in the film.

However, seeing that, plus his performance in Life as a House, I still think DiCaprio trumps him.

Don't get me wrong though. I despised Titanic and the Beach quite vehemently. However, I was able to take the blinders off and watch his other movies, and they're really quite engaging.

Maybe I'm just a softy for his QatD character, "The Kid", but damn, he had me crying :cry

Sean Piett
May 9th, 2004, 09:55:25 PM
DiCaprio doesn't seem quite so snobby after seeing Basketball Diaries.

Razielle Shadana
May 12th, 2004, 09:35:15 AM
See Jen, I told you I saw Colin with blonde hair somewhere! :lol

Poor guy, he looks like a Ken doll.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 12th, 2004, 11:52:39 AM
Alexander the Great now has a swearing problem. ;)

CMJ
May 25th, 2004, 09:36:00 PM
I just saw the trailer....I was impressed. It just shot up my anticipated movie list about 15 spots.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2004, 12:33:47 AM
I just saw it too (went looking after you said that.) The bit at the end with him on a horse against the guy on the elephant looked spectacular.

Sounded a bit iffy on accents used, but then, there aren't many dialogue words in the trailer. Looks like a good movie to see, hard to say at this point if it'll be better or worse than Troy. At least, for me it is.

CMJ
May 26th, 2004, 08:33:18 AM
I enjoyed Troy but it coulda/shoulda been better. The jury is out on Alexander since it's about 5 months from it's release, but I've read eome reviews of the script that said it was really good.

We shall see. This is new ground for Stone - he's never done anything like this before.

Loki Ahmrah
May 26th, 2004, 11:19:12 AM
I'm not particularly interested about "Alexander"; who knows though, I could end up intrigued but Farrell in this role fails to get my attention and that one bit of dialogue, the accent, is awful.

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2004, 01:38:09 AM
My only worry is that Stone will implicate Alexader in Philip's death that to me is completely historically inaccurate, there is no repidable historian alive that suggests that it was likely. The guy who killed Philip was somebody who Philip had brutally sodomized a few years before Philip was killed, he may have finally just got up the nerve to get his revenge. How ever there is evidence that he had help and it is possible somebody paid him to do it, but all signs there point to the Persians who were worried about Philip, and they figured killing him would cause a civil war, they miscalculated. I am also afraid there will be a conspiracy about Alexander's death instead of the most likely culperate disease.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2004, 03:37:48 PM
What?

Loki Ahmrah
May 27th, 2004, 05:04:06 PM
Your post reads like it was an article written in a foreign language then directly translated into english using an online translator. I am eating your dust. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2004, 05:28:36 PM
I dunno I thought "what" was pretty self explainatory. :\

Oh - you were talking to JMC. :)

Loki Ahmrah
May 27th, 2004, 05:36:51 PM
Soooo... we have a comedian in the forum. Off with her head!

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2004, 09:29:35 PM
Heh well I get into rants sometimes and when I wrote I think I was pretty tired, as the time kind of shows. I basically was saying that I am afraid of some conspiracy theory involving Philip's death, considering of what Stone has done in the past.