PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play.....

Tony Maxwell
May 6th, 2004, 10:33:34 PM
Makes Tony a dull boy

Tony walked through the main entrance of the large Maxwell Industries building. the sound the of the machines working drowned out all the other sounds

He made his way toward the sound proof rooms on the second story that housed the company offices. As soon as the door closed the sound of machinery disapeared completely. "Good Morning Sir" Came the cheerful voice of his secretary Rachel

He nodded his head and headed toward his office that was right next to the small cubicle that Rachel worked in. He closed the door of his office behind him and removed his coat and set it on the coat rack by the door

Tony moved behind his desk and sat down in his soft leather chair. He looked at the pile of paper in the tray marked IN and started pulling them out and looking them over

After a few minutes he looked at the large Crono on the wall over the door, (8:00) He sat back and waited a minute or so and heard the front office door open and the sound of machines enter for a moment before being cut off

Tony leaned forward and pushed the Comm button on his desk down "Rachel you can send miss Yolanda in" He said knowing the woman had just arrived for their meeting

He sat back in his chair as his office door opened and insteped Miss Yolanda "Please have a seat" He said motioning toward the chairs set infront of his desk

Mis Yolanda was wearing a grey suit with her brown hair down up in a bun ontop of her head in a very businesslike way. She sat down in one of the chairs and handed Tony a small stack of papers

He looked through them "I see you've worked many places miss Yolanda" He said looking over her incredible resume "As well as working for Sienar Fleet Systems" He was very impressed

He put down the papers and look up at her "But the question is do you think Your good enough to work here as my assistant manager?"

The Woman smiled "I would not have applyed here if I did not think I was able to" Tony smiled a short smile "Well I've gone through your information and I can't find a single reason why I should't take you on" and besides I could use the help "I think well get along well"

They both stood up and shook hands "I know we will work well together" She said and headed out the door and stoping by his secretary for the last bits of info she'd need and then headed toward exit and was gone

Tony walked out of his office and in the Doorway to his office "How was she?" She asked him There is something not right with that woman He wanted to say but changed his mind "She was nice"

He looked at the top of the stack of papers still in his hands. He looked at the top were it listed her name "Crystal Yolanda" He said quitely "Such a nice name" Came his secretary

He sighed and walked back into his off sometimes I just can't stand her cheefulness He thought as he looked through his daily planner and under the 8:30 slot was [Call Cheyanne about transportation job] He picked up his comm and punched in her number and waited for her to pick up.

Cheyanne Rakai
May 7th, 2004, 09:57:04 PM
The call came through on Cheyanne's main communications terminal. At the moment, she was having a lifter repaired that had gone out. The notification that a call had come through distracted her and a she was bit by a spark. "Ow!" She grumbled and headed up the ramp to get the call.

"Martin, I need that lifter done by seventeen hundred! I've got a run!" She warned him.

"Yes, ma'am!"

Cheyanne rolled her eyes at the dead-beat mechanic and would've rather done the work herself, but he had begged her for the job. So, she gave in.

She was becoming such a softie these days, ever since she found out she was pregnant.

The young pilot threw herself into the comm chair and looked at the readout. I'll be dog-gone. It's him, Tony. She pressed the receiver button. "Heya, long time no hear! Thought you forgot about me, Tony." She said with a certain charm in her voice.

Tony Maxwell
May 7th, 2004, 10:16:06 PM
He was glad she was there to pick up "No, I've been busy lately and I got a few delivery jobs for you if you still want them" He said in a happy tone "And if you want we could just hangout somewhere for a while if you've got some free time?"

Cheyanne Rakai
May 10th, 2004, 11:34:37 AM
"You bet, I'll take the jobs. I'm on Bakura at the moment, getting a lifter fixed, then I have to take a load to Tynna and I'll come to Naboo. May take me a couple of days."

Tony Maxwell
May 13th, 2004, 10:14:20 PM
"Sounds good" Tony said writing down on a piece of paper (Chayanne will be here in a couple days) and he put the paper into his pocket as a personal reminder

"I'll see you then Chayanne" He said and then hanged up the comm line. He walked over to the large window that was behind his desk and looked out, He smiled as he watched the clouds in the sky.

OOC: If you want you can say its a couple days later in your next post.

Cheyanne Rakai
May 16th, 2004, 08:39:56 AM
A couple days later, Cheyanne Rakai arrived on Naboo.

A smile on her face and a spring in her step, she exits her ship and locks it up. With the name of Tony's operation, she makes her way to the buildings that he owns.

"Can I help you, Miss?" An older woman at the front desk asks as she looks at Cheyanne's dark blue flight suit with a sneer.

"Yes, I'm here to meet with Mr. Maxwell. Cheyanne Rakai, Shipping."

"Have a seat. I'll inform him you're here."

Cheyanne takes a seat and sees all the nice things Tony has, a lot of art work is here and she's almost sure at one time or another she had delivered at least one piece. The young pilot was infatuated with art.

Tony Maxwell
May 18th, 2004, 10:07:55 PM
"A miss Rakai to see you sir" Came the voice of his secretary over the comm, "Send her in please" He said standing up from his chair as his office door opened "Nice to see you again Cheyanne, please have a seat."

Cheyanne Rakai
May 24th, 2004, 12:14:42 PM
Cheyanne nodded. "Good afternoon, Mr. Maxwell."

She took a seat and awaited to see what kind of jobs he had to offer. A contract job, finally.

Tony Maxwell
May 25th, 2004, 09:18:49 PM
"I found a good job for you" Tony said opening a desk drawer "We recently lost our equipment supplier and the delivery people who brought the equiplent from their facility to ours

A few days ago we found a new supplier but they are a little low in people to deliver the parts to us so" He laid some papers that he pulled from his desk and set them infront of her "We could use another person to pickup equiplment and parts and bring them back here

The biggest problem is the supplier is on the other side of this planet and it would take a long time to get there and come back" He said placing a pen next to the papers "This is a basic contract. this job would never end unless this company ceases to need you or you want to leave of your own free will" He said with a smile "Will this work for you miss Rakai?

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:11:11 PM
Cheyanne's jaw dropped. A contract job, forever.

When she finally regained her composure, she nodded. "That is perfect. You won't regret this, Tony...er Mr. Maxwell."

She was exstatic and couldn't believe this was happening. With no hesitation, she signed the contract.

Tony Maxwell
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:11:58 AM
Tony smiled as he took the contract and placed it in its proped place "I have a feeling I won't" He said sitting back in his chair "You can begin work the beggining of next week or whenever its best for you"

Tony's father had always ran this company by giving his employes all that they could need, and Tony made sure he kept his father's ways

"If you need anything else just ask me."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:57:54 PM
"Next week sounds perfect." Cheyanne answered with a smile.

She paused for a moment. "I can't think of anything at the moment, I stay on my ship most of the time. I have living quarters there."

Tony Maxwell
Jun 13th, 2004, 10:50:06 PM
"Well, everything seems in order. Do you have any questions miss Rakai?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:56:42 PM
Cheyanne smiled. "Are you hungry?"

Tony Maxwell
Jun 26th, 2004, 09:06:12 PM
Tony was caught off guard by her responce but he didn't let it show on his face. "Well I am, but I don't see what that has to do with your work" He was going to ask her the same thing after the interview was over but now he might as well let her ask him.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jun 30th, 2004, 09:21:36 AM
"Well, I make it a custom to have dinner with a new employer, it just smooths over the everything. A lot of my work included females, so this will be a pleasant change."

Tony Maxwell
Jun 30th, 2004, 10:14:17 PM
Tony smiled "Well I guess I do have time. Do you have a restraunt in mind?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 14th, 2004, 10:57:22 PM
"Hmmm, how about the Red Raven. It's supposed to be a nice place."

Tony Maxwell
Jul 14th, 2004, 11:04:17 PM
Tony had heard of the place before but never been there "Sounds great. Should we be leaving now?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 15th, 2004, 09:17:03 PM
"Sure, I'm ready." Cheyanne smiled lightly with a nod.

Tony Maxwell
Jul 15th, 2004, 11:22:02 PM
Tony stood up "Ok, Lets go" He grabed his long white coat and sliped into it before heading for the door. He opened it "After you" He said and after they where out the door he looked over at his secretary

It was his other secretary that filled in for Rachel every now and then "I'm going out now, If anyone calls tell them to call again tomarow" He really despised the woman, She was always grumpy and always had an angry look on her face "Very well Mr. Maxwell" She said and Tony headed out of the office and into the noise of the factory

Once they where outside the factory Tony headed for his nice limousine, it was white with black shaded windows and looked like very out of date but extremely well kept

The drived hopped out of the front and went and opened the door in the back and stood back for them to get in, Tony smiled and said again "After you."

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 18th, 2004, 12:47:43 PM
A ride in a limo had been unexpected, but she liked it nonetheless. Her flight suit seemed a bit underdressed, but she was a pilot and she would wear it proudly, perhaps later now she could drop the flight suit for some more casual wear.

"Thank you, sir." She smiled as she entered. She was glad to see other pilots inside as well and felt a bit more comfortable.

A hostess walked up with a smile. "Welcome to the Red Raven, will there be anymore in your party?"

Cheyanne shook her head. "No, just the two of us, Ma'am."

The hostess nodded with a smile and grabbed two menus. "Follow me."

Tony Maxwell
Jul 18th, 2004, 04:49:27 PM
they followed behind the hostess and where soon seated at a table, She handed them menus "I'll be back in a moment for your orders" She said and walked away

Tony looked at the menu in his hand and looked it over "Hmm...." He mumbled as he thought over what he would have "Anything look good to you?" He asked lowering his menu so he could see Cheyanne.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:19:38 PM
An array of items looked good. "Hmmmm, yeah. I'd like...the Spaghetti Celbanto and Organtin Branzol, medium with a side of Portabello mushrooms and chocolate cake."

Tony Maxwell
Jul 22nd, 2004, 09:46:19 PM
It sounded good to Tony but he thought he'd order order something else "I think I'll have the steak with a light salad on the side" He said just before the waitress showed up again "Are you read to order?" She asked and Tony told her his and Cheyanne's order "Be back in a few minutes with your orders" She said and was gone again

Tony sad back in his chair and looked over at Cheyanne "How long have you been a pilot?" He asked even though he knew he could easily look through the information he had on her but he thought it nicer to ask.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 23rd, 2004, 10:02:32 PM
She took a sip of water and smiled. "Well, my parents were both fighter pilot instructors on the Naval Academy on Corellia, so my dad thought it would be good for me to learn at a very young age. Seven, I believe. He taught me and Quay at that age and then when I was sixteen I went to the Naval Academy and was at the top of my class. That had been one of my proudest moments."

She decided not to say anything else for the time being. Telling him she never graduated was pointless.

Tony Maxwell
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:56:26 PM
Sounds like you parents should be very proud of you" Tony said as the waitress returned. She laided out the plates of food and then left again.

Cheyanne Rakai
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:18:10 PM
"Yeah, I suppose they were." She answered as she gazed over the food that lay before her. "Oh, this looks excellent."

Tony Maxwell
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:21:03 PM
Tony looked up from his food "Were? is there a reason they wouldn't be proud?" He asked suddenly realizing he sticking his nose where is dosnt belong but was too late to stop himself.

Cheyanne Rakai
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:13:45 PM
"Well, my mother and I had some rather large disagreements on where my sister was concerned and because of that, she made sure that all my records were oblivorated, so I had to leave two weeks before graduation." Cheyanne looked down at her plate and shook her head.

"She ruined my lfe and then she was killed as she tried to ruin Quay's. My sister is my lifeline."

Tony Maxwell
Aug 25th, 2004, 03:36:01 PM
Tony said nothing for a moment as he searched for the proper words "Well you seem to be doing alright for yourself without having graduated " He said with a smile.

Cheyanne Rakai
Sep 24th, 2004, 04:11:48 AM
"In that region of my life, yes. In others..." She shook her head and took a sip of her drink.

"I'm pregnant and the father of my child is nowhere to be found." She added with a bit of tenseness in her voice. Not that the situation would hender her job, she knew it wouldn't. It was more of the thought behind it and how she had allowed it to happen.

Tony Maxwell
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:42:33 PM
Tony stiffened at her words "Well, that changes things a bit" He sad a bit of sadness in his voice "I'm not sure that its wise to have a pregnant woman flying all over the planet."

Cheyanne Rakai
Sep 26th, 2004, 09:00:24 PM
Cheyanne's mouth dropped open for a moment. "I'm quite capable, Mr. Maxwell. If I wasn't shipping for you, it would be someone else. I'm not going to let this pregnancy interfere with my job, I do need money to stay afloat."

Tony Maxwell
Sep 26th, 2004, 10:19:09 PM
"Well, since you where the only one willing to do the job I can't make you leavev becuase my company needs you. But just remember that if you need to take time off just tell me and I can arrange for someone to fill in for you, even if I have to do myself."

Cheyanne Rakai
Sep 27th, 2004, 09:34:31 PM
Cheyanne nodded as she felt a rush of relief come over her. "You won't have to worry about that, Mr. Maxwell. I am a good worker and I plan to do an excellent job for your company. I give you my word."

Tony Maxwell
Sep 28th, 2004, 12:01:04 PM
Tony smiled "Well thats good." He took another bite of his food "Just remember that if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask me."

Cheyanne Rakai
Sep 29th, 2004, 08:30:32 PM
A smile returned to the young woman's face. "I won't though, I'm pretty good to take care of things." She was quite relieved to know he was going to allow her to stay.

"I won't let you down."

Tony Maxwell
Sep 29th, 2004, 10:14:07 PM
"I know you won't" He smiled yet again. to anyone else who knew Tony and had interacted with him other the last half year, would have noticed that he didn't smile anymore and that he was gloomy all the time, but that gloom seemed to be lifted now and Tony had smiled more today then he had all those months.

Cheyanne Rakai
Oct 5th, 2004, 08:28:36 PM
Cheyanne took a bite of her pasta and smiled. "This stuff is really excellent. So," she wanted some more information. "Do you have permenant quarters on Coruscant or just stay at hotels while you do your business?"

Tony Maxwell
Oct 8th, 2004, 09:18:50 PM
"I stay at a hotel not far from the factory. but I spend most of my time at the factory and only go home to sleep."

Cheyanne Rakai
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:40:53 PM
"Wow, though I can't say too much, my home is on my ship. So, I eat, sleep, work and live in my working accomodations. Which I don't mind, though now I'm going to have to start thinking of making a baby's room on my ship."

Tony Maxwell
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:55:10 PM
Tony chuckled a little "I've never heard of a ship with a baby room" He said taking another bite of his food " I could arrange for better accomadations if you want?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Oct 10th, 2004, 07:11:28 AM
"Really," now this was interesting. He had caught the young pilots attention even moreso. "What would you suggest?"

Tony Maxwell
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:32:18 PM
"I'm sure I could arrange a hotel room for you, if that would suit you?"

Cheyanne Rakai
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:00:53 AM
"That would be great, thank you." She smiled deeper, and wonedered just how many tricks he had up his sleeve.

"I really can't thank you enough for doing this for me."

Tony Maxwell
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:29:21 PM
Tony smiled "No problem. I see it as my duty to help those that I can" He suddenly realized maybe a little fom his Jedi training was still with him "I have inherited far more wealth then I could ever spend on myself, so I help others with it."