PDA

View Full Version : drrrraaaaama alert

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 08:21:01 PM
The best thread evarrr.... watch out!

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35543

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 08:52:42 PM
Urhh, well, yeah. Hopefully things will go smoothly, but urrhhhmmnn. Right Mr. Vimes.

TheHolo.Net
May 4th, 2004, 09:31:07 PM
:lol

But I can see where they are coming from, if something like that happened to me I'd wanna share too. Wasn't it you Holly, not too long ago, announcing your engagement here? :p

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 09:58:50 PM
No, I agree, I did the same thing, however I hadn't just divorced a man who posts here and who is known for being overly vocal, and therefore there was no drama alert.

Like Morgan said, hopefully things go smoothly.

Darth Viscera
May 4th, 2004, 11:04:53 PM
Originally posted by Alana Stormcloud
Stumbles into the thread with a dazed look.......OMG he did he did. Blushs gets all teary eyed. Darn it he is ruining my bad girl image. Thanks everyone...... does happy dance. Now where to go for a honey moon...."Plans" hehehe

Huggles Ambrose omg shock of shocks huh lol oh what a blitz game will do

ok, could anyone else feel themselves get dumber as they read this and struggled to translate it into english? :p

Shawn
May 5th, 2004, 01:16:37 AM
OMGWTFBBQ

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 05:46:08 AM
Maybe I don't know the whole story.

1 I wouldn't have moved the thread unless it became bad.

2 If you're moving the thread for the reasons stated, then a warning to both posters is in order. You need to know certainly that is what the posters were doing. They can easily tell you it was not their intention to bait someone. Maybe Dalamar is a dick to Alana. You never know.

They said it was IC but then later implied it was an OOC thing.

Please do not take action unless you have hard proof that something has happened, or you can use the FAQ to back you up.

Again, I do not know everything involved, but since I don't, it looks bad from my perspective.

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 05:59:48 AM
By the way, if you're warning the posters, cite FAQ section V.L.3. Though this section implies that a complaint would have to be made by Dalamar.

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2004, 06:58:00 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Maybe I don't know the whole story.

It was 5am, I got urgent IMs from Sejah and Marcus, both at the behest of S'Ilancy apparently (who I assume was in direct contact with Dalamar), telling me that Dalamar was about to pop and requesting that I immediately lock the thread or move it to Mods & Admins before Dalamar posted. I thought about it for a minute, made a snap judgement and did so.

I wasn't going to do anything until it became bad either. The urgency with which Sejah and Marcus pleaded with me changed my mind. Those two don't IM me unless it's truly important.

ReaperFett
May 5th, 2004, 07:11:38 AM
Originally posted by Eve
Maybe Dalamar is a dick to Alana.
Would that matter? People on this board have been dicks to me, I don't then try and get public revenge on them by mocking them.

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 07:22:40 AM
What I am saying is that this matter is some twisted love thing, and while we may think it sucks we can't just get involved as the staff.

However, you (Vis) received a complaint through someone else - then there is your complaint. Warn both members who posted in the thread per the complaint, and per the FAQ section I highlighted above.

They will both say it wasn't their intention; that they wanted to post a happy thread and have everyone share in on the joy; that they didn't mean harm to anyone. Then it's "he said, she said", and we as a staff have gotten involved. If they admit they had malicious intentions, then good for everyone. I doubt they will.

(I say again, the Shrine needs to go.)

Dasquian Belargic
May 5th, 2004, 08:13:25 AM
Whether or not they had malicious intentions this time around, they will be aware that discussing this subject previously on the boards has resulted in arguements. A little tact wouldn't have gone amiss.

(I say again, the Shrine needs to go.)

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2004, 08:36:50 AM
Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 09:49:36 AM:
When I last lest the thread best thread ever everyone was saying congrats to me. That thread was made because we wanted to announce to friends I have at fans what happened. I have seen many thread announcing marriage and I didnt think it was against the rules to do so. I can't find the thread in the group mods area and I would like to know what happened to it and why it was closed :(

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 10:26 AM:
Hello,

Please be warned, I have received multiple complaints regarding the "best thread ever" thread, the thread has been construed as antagonising towards Dalamar. Please review FAQ section V.L.3.

Thanks

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 10:21:39 AM:
I looked it up in the mods forum under the search and I still cant locate it. Can you please tell me what happened that our thread was closed? I see you put in your post that it was made to antagonize someone? I can assure you that it was not put there for that reason. I have seen many go into the ooc forum and post that they got engaged. Like I said when I left it there was no prob at all. Why was it moved and or deleted?

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 10:29 AM:
The post was moved into the Moderators & Administrators forum, which only board mods and administrators have access to. It was not deleted.

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 10:37:12 AM:
I am a board Mod to the shrine of the damned. I can get in there and I cant find it.

That thread was not meant to antagoniz Dalamar Visc it was done like everyone else did to announce an engagement. Why Am I being penilized because he got mad at it? If he dosnt agree with what is being said to an innocent thread and has a fit then others get in trob for it? I have been an rper here a long time and I have friends here who we thought would like to see that we have gotten engaged. I also looked in the Mods area and I cant find it. Why am I being warned about a thread that was meant to tell my friends that im engaged and Dalamar does what ever he does and instead of him being in trob our threads deleted/ moved and I get warned??

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 11:01:48 AM:
Hello,

You're thinking of the Group Mods & Staff forum. I'm referring to a higher-level boardwide Mods & Admins only forum.

From my (albeit limited) understanding of the situation, it seems as though you made this announcement in proximity to Dalamar's birthday. This is being construed as something that was done intentionally in order to antagonise Dalamar, and so people have been making some complaints to that effect. In the future, if you could please exercise a bit more tact, the staff would be very greatful indeed.

Thanks

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 11:10:58 AM:
Sigh it has nothing to do with him. I have a lot of friends on this board and we wanted to announce to them what is going on. I dont mean to argue the point but does this mean if I post anything at all and he has a fit that I get in trob? and my stuff gets moved? I would please like my thread moved to the Shrine where he can't post because it seems he has more rt's here then I do. I posted it not for him but for my friends I can't help what he does and I try to ignore him completely. I have been here a long time Visc and have a lot of friends I wanted to share my news with just like Holly did and Marie. I think its very unfair he ruins a thread and I get in trob my threads moved and I can't see what is going on or why its happening. He should be penilized for having a fit over a thread that had nothing to do with him not us who just wanted to announce our marriage plans and ask what a good place would be to go for a honey moon. :(

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 05:28 AM:
Your thread entitled Best thread ever wooohoooooo has been moved to the Moderators & Administrators Only (http://www.swforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=23) forum. You can find it by clicking:

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35543

This is an automated message, DO NOT REPLY.

Lord Gangrel wrote on Today 10:26:33 AM:
Why did you move it?

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 10:31:24 AM:
Hello,

Please be warned, I have received multiple complaints regarding the "best thread ever" thread, the thread has been construed as antagonising towards Dalamar. Please review FAQ section V.L.3.

Thanks

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 10:31:15 AM:
Thank you, for your tact, It was a personal attack and I was deeply hurt. Please do not share my private opinion with anyone but the staff. and thanks for your profesionlism:(

Morgan Evanar
May 5th, 2004, 08:44:28 AM
I'm about the farthest thing from a Dalamar fan but I loathe Alana. That was low.

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2004, 09:29:29 AM
Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 11:10:58 AM:
Sigh it has nothing to do with him. I have a lot of friends on this board and we wanted to announce to them what is going on. I dont mean to argue the point but does this mean if I post anything at all and he has a fit that I get in trob? and my stuff gets moved? I would please like my thread moved to the Shrine where he can't post because it seems he has more rt's here then I do. I posted it not for him but for my friends I can't help what he does and I try to ignore him completely. I have been here a long time Visc and have a lot of friends I wanted to share my news with just like Holly did and Marie. I think its very unfair he ruins a thread and I get in trob my threads moved and I can't see what is going on or why its happening. He should be penilized for having a fit over a thread that had nothing to do with him not us who just wanted to announce our marriage plans and ask what a good place would be to go for a honey moon. :(

What do I do about her request here?

Navaria Tarkin
May 5th, 2004, 09:37:58 AM
Then they should start a new thread... not that hard if she wants it at the shrine.

edit- oh and Alana is in the meras Omega chat asking people if they know why her thread was moved :rolleyes I bit my tongue saying DUH VISC PMed you but since I am the only board mod in there, I said nothing

Morgan Evanar
May 5th, 2004, 09:54:42 AM
The original thread was pretty much devoid of paragraph size content, and the relevant information could probably be typed in say... thirty or forty words. The thread was locked with good reason.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:09:17 AM
I agree with the closure and topic move and after three PMs recieved from Alana, many of which had the same content of those Visc posted here from her, I have responded to Alana's latest PM as follows:

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 08:49:54 AM:
But I don't understand what is going on. why am I being warned for a thread that was to announce my engagement . I have seen others do this and contrary to what Dalamar thinks it was not to mess with him. I have been here a long time and I and Gangrel was letting my friends know that we were getting married IF Dalamr had a fit in the thread shouldnt he be the one banned from the ooc for it. I still havent seen what happened in it because Visc said he moved it to the mod forum and I can't find it there. I dont mean to come off angry at you in any way but this is very upsetting to think that if I post anything in the ooc or other areas and dalamr has a fit then i get in trob for it if he thinks its to upset him?

I dont care personaly what Dalamar thinks thats whyI devorced him and why I have a 3 yr restraining order agaisnt him. :( We just wanted to tell my friends the news can you please help me with this Ogre because I find it unfair because Dalmar didnt like it I get warned and my thread when I last left it was full of well wishs was deleted or moved.. :(

If I can I would like to send u the pm's from visc. I am not blaming him but I would like him to understand it was meant to inform my friends of this board and had nothing to do with Dalamar and I cant help if he flips out.
The staff recieved multiple complaints from multiple community members regarding the thread's volitale and harrassing potential, as it pertains to FAQ section V.L.3.

To avoid this the SWFns staff discussed the issue and came to the conclusion to move the thread to a non public area to avoid the potential problem.

I can fully understand the desire to want to share such an event with friends and apologize that the staff has had to step in like this, but Viscera did nothing wrong and did not act on his own in this, but did in fact, act as a member of a team which came to a unanimous decision regarding this situation.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:15:36 AM
Damn, seconds later I get a reply. Here is the reply and my response:

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 11:10:47 AM:
Sigh I understand that. But it seems unfair he dalamar can have a fit and then its closed and put in a place I cant see it or weigh in on it. Dalamar was banned from the shrine and cannot post there can it be moved there so my friends can see it and post to it? It was not meant to be a thread that upset anyone but to share with my friends. Is Dalamar going to be allowed to have a fit in any thread I make because he thinks it is against him? Contrary to what he thinks I dont give him a second thought Gangrel my fiance dosnt even know when his b day is and this thread had nothing to do with him :(
As I stated previously there were multiple complaints from multiple community members. This isn't a response only to a single complaint from a single poster.

In this case you are free to make a similar thread in the Shrine forums with no repercussions from the SWFans staff.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:21:20 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
What do I do about her request here? No worries, as you see above she has modified her request in a PM to me.

And BTW, thanks for posting the information you did here in regards to this event. As I said in the new mod intro thread, a well informed staff is a cohesive one that can effectively react to issues. This is proof. :)

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:25:01 AM
And of course the drama continues:

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 11:18:54 AM:
Am I allowed to see the thread since it pretains to me? Im at a loss Ogre I dont understand why a thread about my engagement has upset so many when it has nothing to do with anyone but me telling my friends about the news sigh I dont mean to argue the point but I just dont understand why this is going on :(
I can PM you a text copy of the thread in question. It had not become volitale as of the time of its closure, but was moved as a joint decision of the staff to avoid said volitale potential after the multiple complaints.BTW: I will ommit Visc's last post in it as it contradicts some of the things I have said. ^_^;

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:30:53 AM
Hopefully the end of it all:

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 11:26:11 AM:
ok I apperciate u sending it to me. Also its not his b day today just wanted to let u know when he made his names he put the wrong birth date. So in truth it had nada to do with him. im sorry for all of this.
* * * SWFans.Net Forums THREAD * * *

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
THREAD : Best thread ever wooohoooooo
Started at Yesterday 07:57:09 PM by Lord Gangrel
Visit at http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35543

[Post 1]
Author : Lord Gangrel
Date : Yesterday 07:57:09 PM
Title : Best thread ever wooohoooooo

Guess what I just asked Alana Stormcloud....:huh

Yep.... I asked her the age old question...:smokin .... I asked her to be my wife. ;)

Guess what the anwser was.:D :D

She said Yesssssssss :lol :crack :love
Won't we make a good evil couple :wings

[Post 2]
Author : Kwiet Ideya
Date : Yesterday 08:01:16 PM

Um...IC or OOC? o.o;

[Post 3]
Date : Yesterday 08:10:58 PM

OOC ;)

[Post 4]
Author : Kwiet Ideya
Date : Yesterday 08:12:09 PM

:thumbup :thumbup Congratulations.

[Post 5]
Date : Yesterday 08:23:00 PM

Thank you much.

[Post 6]
Author : Alpha
Date : Yesterday 08:35:01 PM

Congrats dude. :)

[Post 7]
Author : Firebird1
Date : Yesterday 08:40:29 PM

Congrads!!

[Post 8]
Author : Ambrose Braeden
Date : Yesterday 09:04:01 PM

Dude..that is terrific. When did this happen, after the game on saturday.

I am so happy for the both of you. Congratulations!!:D

[Post 9]
Author : Alana Stormcloud
Date : Yesterday 09:05:49 PM

Stumbles into the thread with a dazed look.......OMG he did he did. Blushs gets all teary eyed. Darn it he is ruining my bad girl image. Thanks everyone...... does happy dance. Now where to go for a honey moon...."Plans" hehehe

Huggles Ambrose omg shock of shocks huh lol oh what a blitz game will do ;)

[Post 10]
Author : Ambrose Braeden
Date : Yesterday 09:15:03 PM

Yeah...lol

[Post 11]
Date : Yesterday 09:16:38 PM

Does anyone out there have any good suggestions on where to go for a killer Honey Moon for about 3 or 4 days??? I want to take her some where to get away from here. Thanks everyone and thanks Ambrose Blitz Rules. :lol

[Post 12]
Author : Lilaena De'Ville
Date : Yesterday 10:00:26 PM

Well, depends on where "here" is.

Congrats guys. When's the big day?

[Post 13]
Author : Alana Stormcloud
Date : Yesterday 10:05:22 PM

Well here is in Bakersfield Holly :) and any where but here works lol He is thinken Holloween so I can go as Alana >.< Maybe...... maybe not lol

[Post 14]
Author : Brian
Date : Yesterday 10:42:44 PM

That was a fast courtship.

Good luck with your future.

The messages has been download from SWFans.Net Forums at http://www.sw-fans.net/forum at 05.05.2004 11:27:37

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 11:40:42 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that s'Il did send me a PM complaint about this, last night while I was away from the computer.

BTW: It may look as if I lied about this situation, and in fact I did. But in a way its the truth just with just a little twisting of timeline of reaction and discussions. And who here doesn't think the Shrine has lied to us in the past, or even now?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 5th, 2004, 12:18:59 PM
HAHAHA I knew drama when I saw it.

Shawn
May 5th, 2004, 12:51:56 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
BTW: It may look as if I lied about this situation, and in fact I did. But in a way its the truth just with just a little twisting of timeline of reaction and discussions. And who here doesn't think the Shrine has lied to us in the past, or even now? Not really clear where this is the case. Everything one of us does, we do as a team. He may have made the decision by himself, but it's certainly something we all support. He wouldn't have been made a mod if we didn't trust his ability to make decisions.

That said, I agree with omitting the post. It was a note to us, had nothing to do with the discussion in the thread and would only lead to others arguing about semantics.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 06:38:06 PM
Cool. :)

And all is quiet on the Fans front for the moment. The drama has been shot down and registered as a kill. Thanks again fo to Visc for the good work on this. =]

Darth Viscera
May 5th, 2004, 11:01:25 PM
any time!