PDA

View Full Version : someone is leaking things

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 02:19:03 AM
apparently.

Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Wow, I was gone for a few days and now suddenly I come back to check up on Fans and I'm banned. *shrugs* Why? I didn't do anything wrong, but when I checked my email, they said I had disrespected a mod and I lied to the mods and everything. My cousin was over at my house and frequently is. Sometimes, so that we can get RP's fast, he comes over to post with a character or two that are basically his, but while he's away and needs things done, I control them. They were started on my comp (since his access to the net sux) hence why it's my IP address.

He was posting in defense of me and now I'm banned because they think that I'm lying. This really pisses me off because I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I had been posting to that thread where he was defending me, but then I left to go get something for our own little party and when I came back, he showed me the thread and a PM he got from Eve. I just shrugged and said, "Oh well". Now I'm being accused of lying to the staff? Sure...that's not biased is it? I know that there probably was some vote to get rid of me...it's not like they didn't want to. In fact, someone (a good friend of mine who is a mod...and shall remain nameless...) has copied and pasted several threads in locked forums about me...and has sent them to me. In fact, I'm rather ashamed because a few of the people I thought were my friends...were right in there ripping on me.

I guess then, in a sense, I'm glad I was banned -- but it was completely unfair and unprovoked by myself, and instead of getting a chance to explain myself like most others who get banned do, I was automatically banned and given a rather rude email.

Now there is probably a pretty little thread up about my banning, right? And now, since I had no time to explain myself, no one knows how to get in contact with me. I had perfectly good storylines going and they decided to can me because my cousin was ****ing defending me.

Man, the staff is a bit ****ed up if you ask me. Then again, Charley is the lap dog and I'm sure somehow, this was a part of his doing.

Now there's a huge celebration on his end (I know, I'm not stupid and my friend keeps me informed).

Oh well, it's been nice knowing you. I'm in a serious slump of depression and this has greatly increased my stress level. I am not taking it to the extreme, but I'm so ****ing sick and tired of being blamed and accused for every ****ing thing that happens. Wow, cutting has never looked so good before.

Thanks for helping and defending me Jen, it's greatly appreciated.

Darth Viscera
May 4th, 2004, 03:33:43 AM
FUCKING MOTHER FUCK :mad

I can't say that I really knew this witch, except for a couple people telling me she's a drama queen and me forgetting about it, but holy shit that is an awful message. If there's one thing that really pisses the ol' Visc off, it's when people go all Guey and threaten suicide. I almost wish that I had known who she was so that I would have voted to ban her now. Christalmighty what a cunt rocket.

imported_Eve
May 4th, 2004, 05:43:22 AM
Her message confirms everything we banned her for. She just lends to the reasons we did it. The girl DOES NOT GET IT.

She also thanks Jen for defending her? That didn't happen.

I have ideas who the leak is, but I have zero proof, so I'd just be pointing fingers.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 06:15:59 AM
I think she's reffering to someone with group moderator access and not a board mod. I can't think of a board mod who would bother.

Shawn
May 4th, 2004, 10:23:21 AM
I'll never cease to be amazed by people like this. I mean, I honestly do wonder where they come up with their assumptions and conspiracy theories. Not to mention the childish attention ploys.

That said, I'm with Chris on this one. I gave it some thought, and I'm nearly 100% certain that no one here would have bothered showing her threads from this forum. However, I know one or two people weren't thrilled with her banning in the Group Mod forum.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 10:24:25 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I think she's reffering to someone with group moderator access and not a board mod. I can't think of a board mod who would bother.

Yes that's what I thought, but I figured it would be best to bring up the issue in here.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 10:33:41 AM
I bet it was Alana. Or maybe Sorsha in an illfated attempt to try to bring her around, but I doubt it was Sorsha. It's easy to place the blame on the Shrine though. I can't see anyone else being stupid enough to copy threads out of a locked forum and send them to XAZOR.

That being said... I hate her.

Edit: Hate Xazor, not Alana. What are we going to do about this?

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2004, 10:52:00 AM
Sorsha - I asked her if she did anything of the like and she said no. I didnt explain the circumstances as to why I asked her and I believe her.

@_@ at who could have done but i dont want to point any fingers either :\

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 11:01:58 AM
I bet we could get Xazor to give them up. HAHA oh sorry, I don't know what I'm saying.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 11:03:26 AM
I would have to say I think it's probably Alana too, but like you say - no proof.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 11:07:18 AM
The list is pretty short of people allowed in

Master Yoghurt
Ethereal Ogre
Marc Tarkin
Morgan Evanar
Admiral Ackbar - yog
General Tohmahawk - mark
Marcus Elessar
Sanis Prent
Anbira Hicchoru
Sorsha Kasajian
Live Wire - MIA
Gav Mortis
AmazonBabe
Lady Vader
Dalethria Mal Pannis
Taylor Millard
Pierce Tondry
Evil Hobgoblin
Figrin D'an
DarthHERA
Lilaena De'Ville
Sasseeri Reeouurra - Holly
Arriana Rezner - Jenny
Dark Lord Dyzm - MIA
JMK
Jedi Master Carr
Estelle Russard - Hera
Virrana'h Tei - Hera
Navaria Tarkin
CMJ
Telan Desaria
Khendon Sevon
Ryla Relvinian
SAURRON
Darth Viscera
Milivikal k'Vik - Morg
Zasz Grimm
Empress Ashiva - shrine
Lord Soth - shrine
Alana Stormcloud - shrine
Darth Vader - chuckles
Dasquian Belargic
s'Ilancy
Charley
Pandora Damaris - shrine
Cyrus Haman - taylor
Mistress Tatiana -Shrine
Silus Xilarian - James
Jibrielle Abunai - scarce
Maester Wargrave _taylor
Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Javus Parr - ??
Jade Doment - MIA, Jade
Levi Argon - Dru
Ambrose Braeden - Shrine
Warlock - Jenny
Darren Caerdeth _ James
Laroque - Taylor
Kolarik - MIA, Sasha Kolev
Mandalore -charley

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 11:11:00 AM
I still have to say the only weak links there are the Shrine members. IMO.

We can't see private messages can we? Oh wait, even if we could they were probably emailed.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 11:12:48 AM
What about Mark? I dunno, he sounded pretty fed up on AIM when I asked him about her behavoir, which he explained by saying that she thinks everyone is out to get her.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 11:15:35 AM
I don't think he'd do it. He's upset, but he said that after all she'd done she deserved it.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 4th, 2004, 11:17:37 AM
I guess that gives you two fingers to point. I dunno, Marc seemed okay with the ban tho... and I personally never heard of him leaking mod/admin info .. :: shrugs ::

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 11:23:15 AM
Mark isn't that stupid, he hates infiltration as much as the next person, and leaking information from a locked forum (esp to blatantly copy/paste a thread) is not something he would do. When she was temp. banned for leaking information from a locked forum he was totally in favor of the temp. ban, and he was in favor of this ban as well.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 11:26:32 AM
Originally posted by Alana Stormcloud
Sigh.... I truly enjoy rping with Xaz there were times we did not get along and I found just talking to her, she can be a great person. I do know she has a tendency to get very upset and fly off the handle if you will. I think she is just very young when it comes to her getting angry. I have a hard time even thinking of perma banning Xaz. I do not agree with her lying about her characters, and I do not agree with being disrespectful to the Addies. I know myself that Ogre is very tolerant of a lot of thing having argued with him myself on a few occasions. Though heated he remained professional so I think if it has come to this where he has no more tolerance for her behavior then Ban it is. Though I would like to say I would prefer her not to be banned but that is due to the fact that I enjoy her rp style and I enjoy Xaz period but then I haven’t had the confrontations you all have had except once. I don't talk to her much, so obviously I don't have the experience with her like others have had. I don't think she means to mess up, I think she is just very opinionated and has not learned yet how to temper her anger and how she handles things.

If she violated the FAQ then Ban. Does it have to be a perma ban though? :(

Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
As much as I would like her to get another chance, the charge as I see it is Infiltration, for that's what lying to a Admin who you are amounts to. Infiltration is our sole hanging offense and that is a break in the trust of the RP community. Not once, but twice, correct? (And as I remember, the toughness of the Infiltration rules came in while on my watch. I have to remember that when voting)

Maybe she doesnt grok the Infiltration rules and how serious they are. Maybe she doesnt grok that not everything 'bad' that happens isnt her fault. Maybe she doesnt grok that not 'everyone picks on her'

Maybe.

But when it's said and done, she's broken rules that I've banned others for, so I cant give her special treatment, even if I have honestly tried to change her and defend her for quite a long time. There's just a point where you just have to admit defeat.

Kitty, I respect your sentiments, but I tell you honestly, I said the same thing two years ago, I tried my best and yet, here we are again. If these were isolated incidents, then yeah, chance should be give. But she's doen a death by a thousand cuts. Backchatting Ogre and lying to an admin is just asking to be banned.

Originally posted by Sorsha Kasajian
I tried to get her to keep out of trouble. I really tried. :( Dammit.

I'm going to make the unpopular vote here. No. Give her one more chance, and in doing so give me one more chance to try and turn her around.

Originally posted by Ambrose Braeden
I have not delt with Xazor long, but the little that i have, she has been nice to me.

But I know that she needs to be punished for her actions, no matter what.

I think that if we just temp-ban her again, she will think that she can keep doing the same thing because all that will happen is a temp-ban. Maybe some strict diciplin is in order. Ban

Alana is still my only suspect.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 11:42:40 AM
Same, but barring hacking her PC, we have no way to get evidence.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 11:47:30 AM
I suppose all we can do is re-iterate the fact that showing things from private forums to those without access there is against the rules and that anyone found to be doing it will be subject to severe punishment?

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 4th, 2004, 11:59:51 AM
Yes. I think that is very wise move to do to post that in the forum mods forum ... person who did it will get the point across.

:|

Maybe :\

TheHolo.Net
May 4th, 2004, 12:04:50 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I suppose all we can do is re-iterate the fact that showing things from private forums to those without access there is against the rules and that anyone found to be doing it will be subject to severe punishment? I think we should hold off just a little while and see if maybe we can possibly find out through AIM chats and/or emails.

I can say with confidence that Marcus didn't do it, and like most here I have a feeling it was a Shriner, most likely Alana. I lean most toward Alana because she herself has been temp banned for a minor infiltration issue and sassing a staffer in the past.

But I think if we get Marcus on the case as well as maybe Dasq (since she seems to be willing to confide in Jen) talking to her carefully, she may just be dim enough to accidentally give up her source.

Originally posted by Eve
Her message confirms everything we banned her for. She just lends to the reasons we did it. The girl DOES NOT GET IT.

She also thanks Jen for defending her? That didn't happen.

I have ideas who the leak is, but I have zero proof, so I'd just be pointing fingers. Truer words could not be spoken. This incident just proves that Xazor is "still" an active participant in infiltration behaviors, and in no way do I buy this cousin/relative bullshit. The PM reply to Eve sounded and was written exactly how Xaz would reply. I have seen enough of her attitude in emails and in PMs to recognize the style.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 01:16:43 PM
I'll see what I can do but I have a feeling she won't tell me much.

ReaperFett
May 4th, 2004, 02:42:06 PM
Can I just ask, are we sure definately hav a leak? I mean, Xazor is a proven liar now.

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 03:02:16 PM
No idea, but this person who she claims to be infiltrating for her has apparently done it numerous times, and is of the opinion that the staff are crooked and biased.

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2004, 03:11:32 PM
oy.. sounding more like the shrine.

Gives more credence that it isn't anyone here tho :p

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2004, 03:15:52 PM
I'm trying to bait her into giving info as we speak

-insert a little sherlock holmes smiley here-

imported_Eve
May 4th, 2004, 06:29:48 PM
Yep, I was going to say Alana this morning, myself. But I have only suspicions. (No offense to anyone, but the Shrine needs to go.) For all the reasons stated. And I don't think it was Marcus, for all the reasons stated.

I believe someone is leaking to her. I think your best way of achieving the answer is through Xazor. She can't keep her mouth shut and she is mental. Yeah, she'll tell.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 4th, 2004, 07:02:24 PM
If we wanted someone she'd probably tell, getting Mark in on this is probably a good idea. If he could be subtle, so it doesn't appear that we've set him on her trail.

TheHolo.Net
May 4th, 2004, 09:29:44 PM
I PMed Marcus and let him know what was going on, hopefully he will be able to help investigate and maybe get more information on this all, him or Sherlock Jenny. ;)

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2004, 10:23:35 PM
http://server.panic.hopto.org/y/albums/userpics/macros/hax0r.jpg

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 5th, 2004, 09:04:51 AM
With Jenn and Mark on the case, should be figured out :)

:lol at Morg

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 06:57:52 PM
New and very confusing twist in this issue. Now someone is leaking information from the Meras Admins/Mods forum, which no Shrine member has access to. >_<

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 08:15:26 PM
Who all has access there?

Navaria Tarkin
May 5th, 2004, 08:37:21 PM
have to look, but basically everyone that has mod powers at that board has rights to that forum -_-

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 08:47:49 PM
Hmm. One way or another it will come out. We need to pressure this person/leak to death. I don't think said person can see this forum just because the leaked things are coming from other forums.

Make up some smack about some trace you're doing. Hell, say some authority is assisting, and Ogre is pressing charges because he is sick of this crap happening. Say he is going to once and for all end this infiltration stuff.

The computer geeks can make up some lingo for this. I guarentee we can scare the leak into confessing.

Announce what we're doing to the entire board. Maybe someone knows what's up that does not have access to the mod forums.

Or we can hope someone spills the beans.

Morgan Evanar
May 5th, 2004, 09:06:24 PM
Dani and I solved the issue at Meras.

Navaria Tarkin
May 5th, 2004, 09:10:26 PM
:: dances ::

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 09:12:01 PM
What about here? No Dexter I see on the forum leaders list.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 09:18:34 PM
Lemme look up the access list for the Group Mods forum, post it, and we can weed through it.

Navaria Tarkin
May 5th, 2004, 09:18:55 PM
I know, unfortuantely it doesn't solve the problem here.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 09:28:42 PM
Access list for Group mods and staff forum:

Master Yoghurt
Ethereal Ogre
Marc Tarkin
Morgan Evanar
Admiral Ackbar
General Tohmahawk
Marcus Elessar
Sanis Prent
Anbira Hicchoru
Sorsha Kasajian
Live Wire
Gav Mortis
AmazonBabe
Lady Vader
Dalethria Mal Pannis
Taylor Millard
Pierce Tondry
Evil Hobgoblin
Figrin D'an
DarthHERA
Lilaena De'Ville
Sasseeri Reeouurra
Arriana Rezner
Dark Lord Dyzm
JMK
Jedi Master Carr
Estelle Russard
Virrana'h Tei
Navaria Tarkin
CMJ
Telan Desaria
Khendon Sevon
Ryla Relvinian
SAURRON
Darth Viscera
Milivikal k'Vik
Zasz Grimm
Empress Ashiva
Lord Soth
Alana Stormcloud
Darth Vader
Dasquian Belargic
s'Ilancy
Charley
Pandora Damaris
Cyrus Haman
Mistress Tatiana
Silus Xilarian
Jibrielle Abunai
Maester Wargrave
Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Javus Parr
Jade Doment
Levi Argon
Ambrose Braeden
Warlock
Darren Caerdeth
Laroque
Kolarik
Mandalore

There are some names on that list I don't even have a clue who they are. I suspect they are some of the dozens of Shrine mods that are so uneeded its not even funny since their forum gets all of about 8 posts a week maybe.

And of course all names with admin access have automatic access to the forum and do not display on the list at all.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 09:51:15 PM
As an also to add to this thread. Marcus said he knew Xaz's PW for sig purposes and the like and asked that I temp un-banned it so he could look through the PMs real quick to see if they would help hi investigation.

He said there was no damning evidence, but that Ambrose and Alana should be at the top of our list, which makes me thing Xaz did have some PMs from those mods that were at least friendly.

We are still basically where we started right now.

imported_Eve
May 5th, 2004, 10:06:01 PM
Let's just flat out ask them. Tell them that we have recieved information that indicates they may have done or been involved in such a thing, and "we want to hear from them what happened".

There is nothing wrong with asking them. When cornered, the leak may spill it. Else, these two may provide us with information. They will think Xazor told us something. In madness, they may say something important.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 10:09:39 PM
BTW: Shawn reminded me a bit ago of an incident that I forgot to mention that also applies to this situation. It was while the thread discussing Xaz's temp banning was going on in "Group Mods. This is a copy of a PM from Marcus with a forwarded PM from Xazor:
Marcus Elessar wrote on 03.16.04 06:53:19 PM:
Just want you to run you eye over this. Is it possible, that Xazor is hinting or alluding she knows something I said in the group Mod forum? I get the feeling, justified or not she knows I did not support her POV.

The reason I bring this up is that I have only said what I think to Chris and in that forum. Nowhere else. I have not even discussed the banning with her.

I think I'm being a bit paranoid, so I would appreciate a second set of eyes look this over and give me an opinion.

Mark

Xazor Elessar wrote on Today 11:07 AM:

Marcus Elessar wrote on Today 06:07 pm:
[quote]Xazor Elessar wrote on Today 05:44 AM:I've got the inside scoop on a few things thanks to some people who are actually my friends around here. They have clued me in on who I can trust and who actually talk behind my back

:rolleyes

What a lovely <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color=#FFFFFF>-Censored-</font>ing place. I'd rather RP over at SWRPG than here if this is going to keep up.

Just thought you should know.

Hmmmm? I'm afraid I'm a bit puzzled by that comment. what do you mean?

I was banned for 3 days, didn't you know? :(

Yeah, all because I defended myself and then some <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color=#D7FF81>-Censored-</font> charge was brought against me to get me banned. :\

:verymad

I have heard from some people that I really can't trust anyone anymore. :( Charley is being allowed to tear me a new <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color=#D7FF81>-Censored-</font>. Ogre lets him and participates in the rip fest. :(

:cry

I feel so alone right now. I've talked to Kitty a bunch but I still feel like I'm fighting this battle by myself. :(
It along with what happened here has me absolutely convinced that there is a leak, and was one then too.

At the time it occured, I passed it off as just a possible guess or grasp at straws to try and get some more info, but now it appears my initial response to it was wrong.

Morgan Evanar
May 5th, 2004, 10:10:46 PM
Or we could wait and see if Xazor brags too much. I've always been fond of letting people hang themselves, or hang their friends (in this case.)

Xazor will fuck up. She's simply too attention grubbing and impulsive NOT to.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 10:12:03 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Let's just flat out ask them. Tell them that we have recieved information that indicates they may have done or been involved in such a thing, and "we want to hear from them what happened".

There is nothing wrong with asking them. When cornered, the leak may spill it. Else, these two may provide us with information. They will think Xazor told us something. In madness, they may say something important. I'm okay with that. But, I'd prefer it be someone a little more neutral looking than me. I have already had plenty of blow ups with Shrine members and know they think I have it out for them.

TheHolo.Net
May 5th, 2004, 10:14:34 PM
Or we could wait and see if Xazor brags too much. I've always been fond of letting people hang themselves, or hang their friends (in this case.)

Xazor will fuck up. She's simply too attention grubbing and impulsive NOT to. Yeah, thats the stragedy I have been employing so far with hopes it would work. A little more waiting and prying might make it successful.

I'm a little torn on what exactly to do right now.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2004, 12:22:42 AM
We could get Rie or someone to start investigating the Alana leak idea. I don't know if Rie knows Alana well enough IRL, however...

Other than waiting for Jenny or Mark to turn up something...

Oh wait I know! We could post something about Xazor in the group mod forum, see who posts to it, and how long it takes to get back to Xazor...although that really doesn't work well either. Still no way of knowing for sure.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 6th, 2004, 12:43:02 AM
:lol the circumstances you just said is how Morg caught Xazor.. tho for different reasons.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 01:08:44 AM
EDIT: wait n/m. I worked it out.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 01:11:26 AM
At Meras.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 12:00:44 PM
Here are some PMs from Marcus, which I got this morning:
Marcus Elessar wrote on Today 06:24:13 AM:
Now I feel liek a dumb <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" color=#D7FF81>-Censored-</font> after the Dexter incident - and now I'm pissed off.

Yes, there is a leak at SW-Fans. I'm pretty sure it's Alana now, but I cant give you a 'smoking gun'. Let's just say two can play the game she did.

Believe me tho, I'm working on it.

Marcus Elessar wrote on Today 07:00:45 AM:
Put your money on alana. No smoking gun - yet. I dont think we'll find it, but....... the circumstantial links are there, I think.

Lets just say for now, Mark's very pissed off and has been a bit... creative in his info retrieval.

Marcus Elessar wrote on Today 07:14:18 AM:
PM 1

Hey...
Wow, I was gone for a few days and now suddenly I come back to check up on Fans and I'm banned. *shrugs* Why? I didn't do anything wrong, but when I checked my email, they said I had disrespected a mod and I lied to the mods and everything. My cousin was over at my house and frequently is. Sometimes, so that we can get RP's fast, he comes over to post with a character or two that are basically his, but while he's away and needs things done, I control them. They were started on my comp (since his access to the net sux) hence why it's my IP address.

He was posting in defense of me and now I'm banned because they think that I'm lying. This really pisses me off because I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I had been posting to that thread where he was defending me, but then I left to go get something for our own little party and when I came back, he showed me the thread and a PM he got from Eve. I just shrugged and said, "Oh well". Now I'm being accused of lying to the staff? Sure...that's not biased is it? I know that there probably was some vote to get rid of me...it's not like they didn't want to. In fact, someone (a good friend of mine who is a mod...and shall remain nameless...) has copied and pasted several threads in locked forums about me...and has sent them to me. In fact, I'm rather ashamed because a few of the people I thought were my friends...were right in there ripping on me.

I guess then, in a sense, I'm glad I was banned -- but it was completely unfair and unprovoked by myself, and instead of getting a chance to explain myself like most others who get banned do, I was automatically banned and given a rather rude email.

Now there is probably a pretty little thread up about my banning, right? And now, since I had no time to explain myself, no one knows how to get in contact with me. I had perfectly good storylines going and they decided to can me because my cousin was ****ing defending me.

Man, the staff is a bit ****ed up if you ask me. Then again, Charley is the lap dog and I'm sure somehow, this was a part of his doing.

Now there's a huge celebration on his end (I know, I'm not stupid and my friend keeps me informed).

Oh well, it's been nice knowing you. I'm in a serious slump of depression and this has greatly increased my stress level. I am not taking it to the extreme, but I'm so ****ing sick and tired of being blamed and accused for every ****ing thing that happens. Wow, cutting has never looked so good before.

Thanks for helping and defending me Jen, it's greatly appreciated.

PM 2

A lot of people hide who they have been in the past. It's no big deal that I hid that I was Fire and Shay. I didn't need to tell anyone and for the longest time, no one asked. That shouldn't be held against me. Sia Lan Darkheart has been lurking around Fans since everyone thought she disappeared, but ya know what? She was active under several names and never told a soul. Did she get banned? Nope.

The staff are crooked and biased, and that's a known fact not only to myself, but several people. My friend who has the inside scoop and infiltrates for me, well they even agree that the staff is crooked and biased and have shown me threads to prove that. I'm pretty disappointed in the entire staff because a lot of them called me their friend to my face, but behind the scenes in the locked forum is where they had their fun.

I'm seriously thinking of quitting RPing around these parts all together and going elsewhere where it's friendly and positive -- and the staff members are not crooked and biased. I don't want to give up SWURP or here, but if the negativity is going to follow me with people such as Charley and Morgan, I don't want to have anything to do with it.

I have to cure my pain somehow...
Quote:

PM 3

Obviously you've been misinformed. The bull**** they talk about in there has never been said to my face. They're too afraid to. Funny how they can backstab and rip into other people without getting warnings for violating the FAQ's, but when I defend myself -- oh my god.

Oh, and no one else I've talked to who has violated the swear filter has ever received such a PM from a staff member saying if they do it once more, they'll be banned or if they reply to the PM, they'll be banned. What did I do in the first place? My cousin simply posed a question to Eve and now I'm banned.

Man, the staff is so ****ed up. I think I will quit. I hate the ****ers there. They've ruined my life.

:mecry

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 12:02:02 PM
Those last three PMs you posted, Marcus, were all sent to me at SWRPG, by the way.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 12:03:08 PM
Ahh, okies thanks. I had a feeling they were SWRPG PMs since the censor style is like theirs.

EDIT: Every word of hers that we can get documented and looked over by the lot of us can possibly help lead us to the answer, so I hope its alright with you that I posted them.

Shawn
May 6th, 2004, 12:59:46 PM
"I have someone who infiltrates for me"

And then says she was banned unfairly?

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 01:00:49 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Ahh, okies thanks. I had a feeling they were SWRPG PMs since the censor style is like theirs.

EDIT: Every word of hers that we can get documented and looked over by the lot of us can possibly help lead us to the answer, so I hope its alright with you that I posted them.

No problem at all :) The first one is the original one that I posted at the very beginning of this thread.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 01:08:02 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
"I have someone who infiltrates for me"

And then says she was banned unfairly? Quite the nice broken leg she has to stand on eh?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2004, 01:13:12 PM
>>insert "smiley"rolleyes<<

>>:rolleyes<<

Xazor never ceases to amaze me in new and awful ways.

And what is the "Dexter" incident that Mark refers to?

Morgan Evanar
May 6th, 2004, 01:18:21 PM
Check Meras Mod. Its very well documented.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 01:18:59 PM
Head over to Meras when you gat a chance and read the Banning Notice thread in Mods/Admin. All will be clearer after that.

I think Visc is the only one here who doesn't have access. So I'll give a quick explanation too.

Dexter was one of Marcus' many "sock" style accounts, he has a lot and generally uses the same Pw for them. He has been known to share his "sock" Pw with others. Hell even I had his "sock" PW at one time.

A couple of months ago Marcus asked to have his Dexter account be granted mod access to one of the Lost Jedi forums. So I thought that the Dexter account was going to be a more semi serious account and made it a mod of his TLJ forum and gave it access to the Mods/Admins forum at Meras.

Yesterday Xazor had a fresh new IP address from her ISP and she logged into the Dexter account and read some threads in the Meras mod/admin forum, then bragged about it to Charley. Thanks to our Who's Online Today hack and a little investigative work by Morgan we discovered what had happened, and the account has since had its access removed and its PW changed.

Darth Viscera
May 6th, 2004, 01:40:33 PM
ugggh, this bitch is a nightmare.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 02:09:26 PM
I am considering posting something like this in a few days, whether we know the culprit or not:
Thanks to Xazor’s affinity for opening her mouth and ranting on and on about things she disagrees with, we the SWFans.Net staff now know there is an infiltrator in this forum, and we also know who it is.

Not only has Xazor proven every thing that she was banned for and then some, she has also inadvertently named a recent subordinate and co-conspirer. Server logs, email headers, and IP tracing are powerful tools in the hands of qualified individuals.

I am posting this as a last chance for the guilty party. Here is your chance to speak up and come forth admitting what was done and your reasons why. If you choose to do so then the disciplinary action will be far less than if you choose to stay quiet and feign innocence. You may make this admission to any SWFans staffer via a post here in this thread or via a PM.

Infiltrators always get caught and you have been caught this time, sharing information from this forum with members who never had access here. Perhaps you think the staff is biased and two faced and corrupt and many other things which Xazor claims, but it could not be further from the truth, as you should know since you have had your own problems with the staff and each incident was resolved absolutely fairly.

This incident will also be handled fairly, but as I said, if you admit your wrongdoing the consequences will not be as severe if you choose not to.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2004, 02:13:21 PM
Ohhhhh that is sneaky I like it :D

Morgan Evanar
May 6th, 2004, 02:16:16 PM
Ask Mark how long he wants to dig first. After that expires, go for it.

TheHolo.Net
May 6th, 2004, 02:25:53 PM
Ask Mark how long he wants to dig first. After that expires, go for it.
Good plan. and if anyone has any rewite ideas to make it come off as more scary and/or technical and/or confincing, please feel free to suggest them. I'll probably run it by Marcus too later on and get his thoughts and input.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2004, 02:40:16 PM
I love it. :) *heads to Meras to read*

Shawn
May 6th, 2004, 02:41:36 PM
I dunno, what if they decide to call your bluff?

As it is, it reads like a bluff. What if we change this:
I am posting this as a last chance for the guilty party. Here is your chance to speak up and come forth admitting what was done and your reasons why. To something like this:
Normally, we would ban you without question. The evidence is damning. However, I am posting this in an effort to give you a chance to explain yourself to the rest of the community. The staff would prefer to hear your side of the story before taking any action.Still run the risk of them keeping quiet and making us look foolish.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2004, 06:04:51 PM
:\ How to get a smoking gun in Alana's hand? Only if we posted something that only she could see in a locked forum and Xazor turns up with the information. Unless Xazor names her...

imported_Eve
May 6th, 2004, 06:50:24 PM
Is anyone here on good terms with Alana that talks to her much? Maybe someone can send a PM her way before that is posted, and tell her ambiguously something bad is about to happen. Pressure her.

Har har.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2004, 08:47:29 PM
We could always enlist Dalamar, I'm sure he wouldn't mind trying to dig up something on her. But I'd only suggest trying that as a very last resort.

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2004, 03:08:08 AM
I think the post would be a good idea myself. Rather than having to be all sneaky, a simply demand might solve it.

JMK
May 7th, 2004, 06:50:01 AM
Sweet Maria do you guys ever need a mole!

Lilaena De'Ville
May 7th, 2004, 09:40:41 AM
I know I know!

We could block everyone's access to the group mod forum except Alana's, and Charley can post up something truly horrifyingly awful about Xazor. Then, if Xazor finds out about it...voila!

... Okay, I'm grasping at straws here.

Darth Viscera
May 7th, 2004, 11:15:45 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I know I know!

We could block everyone's access to the group mod forum except Alana's, and Charley can post up something truly horrifyingly awful about Xazor. Then, if Xazor finds out about it...voila!

... Okay, I'm grasping at straws here.

oh dear, what a delightfully evil scheme! :o

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2004, 02:24:47 PM
Alana Stormcloud Viewing Thread On behalf of the Mods and Admins of Swfans... what.

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 02:27:56 PM
Alana Stormcloud Viewing Thread On behalf of the Mods and Admins of Swfans... Yup, the old Dara lurk thread that Charley posted in OOC over a year ago.

Alana has also been showing some other somewhat interesting behaviors in Who's Online here today. There have been a few new posts to the Xazor thread in the group mods forum and no sooner is the new post made then she's there, and after Fig's post about the topic in Hell, she was at Meras having a read of the Xazor threads there. Not neccessarily damning, but her quickness to jump on those new posts is certainly interesting.

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 02:30:21 PM
I say we ban her, just to be safe! :p

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 02:31:45 PM
I say we ban her, just to be safe! :p :lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 02:44:29 PM
-sets off sirens-

# Myaad Seblatar

IP hits with Xazor. and lots of Xazor shaped accounts. Was supposedly her fiance. He posted here once or twice. Am guessing she is using it to lurk.

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2004, 02:45:45 PM
suspected xazor ip confirm/deny? 66-188-122-171.mad.wi.charter.com

confirm. Lets see what the rabbit does.

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2004, 02:55:50 PM
You gotta give her one thing - she is persistent.

From the looks of things, she's riding Who's Online and checking on a few threads that were relevant to her. Nothing spectacular yet.

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 04:14:44 PM
Does anyone know much about Teleran Balades? This user's IPs look like Xaz's very much so.

* 205.213.111.50 (p-uwmadison-out-1.wiscnet.net) [find more users for this ip]
* 216.170.208.97 (blerwinas01-pool0-a97.blerwi.tds.net) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.10.37 (24-158-10-37.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.10.60 (24-158-10-60.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.11.111 (24-158-11-111.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.11.252 (24-158-11-252.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.2.182 (24-158-2-182.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.158.2.87 (24-158-2-87.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.108.149 (24-196-108-149.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.108.198 (24-196-108-198.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.108.2 (24-196-108-2.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.132.240 (24-196-132-240.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.132.49 (24-196-132-49.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.132.83 (24-196-132-83.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 24.196.148.24 (24-196-148-24.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 65.73.64.106 (65-73-64-106.nas1.rnd.wi.frontiernet.net) [find more users for this ip]
* 65.73.66.139 (65-73-66-139.nas4.rnd.wi.frontiernet.net) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.34.110 (c68.115.34.110.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.34.223 (c68.115.34.223.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.35.142 (c68.115.35.142.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.35.27 (c68.115.35.27.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.35.92 (c68.115.35.92.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.36.19 (c68.115.36.19.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.37.81 (c68.115.37.81.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.117.126.245 (c68.117.126.245.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.117.127.97 (c68.117.127.97.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 04:16:21 PM
Some of Xaz's IPs:

# 205.213.111.51 (p-uwmadison-out-2.wiscnet.net) [find more users for this ip]
# 205.213.111.54 (p-uwmadison-out-4.wiscnet.net) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.158.7.154 (24-158-7-154.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.158.7.157 (24-158-7-157.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.158.7.220 (24-158-7-220.mazo.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.232.183 (24-159-232-183.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.232.51 (24-159-232-51.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.246.17 (24-159-246-17.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.247.14 (24-159-247-14.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.248.73 (24-159-248-73.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.249.218 (24-159-249-218.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.249.239 (24-159-249-239.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.249.39 (24-159-249-39.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.250.186 (24-159-250-186.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.250.46 (24-159-250-46.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.252.105 (24-159-252-105.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.253.83 (24-159-253-83.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.159.254.119 (24-159-254-119.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.241.234.214 (c24.241.234.214.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 24.241.234.57 (c24.241.234.57.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 66.188.122.255 (66-188-122-255.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 66.188.123.108 (66-188-123-108.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
# 66.188.123.141 (66-188-123-141.mad.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.19.117 (c68.115.19.117.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.19.136 (c68.115.19.136.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.19.234 (c68.115.19.234.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.19.238 (c68.115.19.238.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.22.239 (c68.115.22.239.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.22.95 (c68.115.22.95.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.23.128 (c68.115.23.128.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.23.41 (c68.115.23.41.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.30.12 (c68.115.30.12.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.30.171 (c68.115.30.171.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.30.55 (c68.115.30.55.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.31.119 (c68.115.31.119.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]
* 68.115.31.65 (c68.115.31.65.jvl.wi.charter.com) [find more users for this ip]

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2004, 05:24:31 PM
The both live in the Madison area... I dunno. Visc?

ReaperFett
May 7th, 2004, 05:46:40 PM
-sets off sirens-

# Myaad Seblatar

IP hits with Xazor. and lots of Xazor shaped accounts. Was supposedly her fiance. He posted here once or twice. Am guessing she is using it to lurk.

Ah yes, the guy who was better than us because he had standards.

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2004, 06:46:13 PM
As usual, it makey no sense.

Mark thinks Xaz may have Terran's account. Keep an eye on it.

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 07:31:37 PM
and email I recieved:
Question. myaad_seblatar@yahoo.com

Today I attempted to log into my Fans account to find that I too have now been banned. I did not breach the FAQ's on any level and I have not been given a reason as to why I have been banned. Is it because my fiancee was banned? She has no access to Fans or Meras and neither have I given her my name or password. If you feel threatened by the fact that she could get onto either site with my account, please do not. I do not feel as though I was judged fairly and yes, I respect the fact that you own the boards and are the administrator of both, but I do not see any plausible reason for my banning too.

In fact, I know that if I would not have said anything about being in any relation to the woman who played characters on your board, I would have access just like always.

Please, enlighten me as to why I have been banned when in fact, I have done nothing wrong.

Thank you for your time,
Daniel H.I have not yet replied, but the IP evidence shows me that Xaz does has and probably does still have access to the account. I find it funny that I am supposed to buy this line of garbage from someone who hasn't posted with the account since August 2003.

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2004, 07:32:52 PM
I think we should unban the account and watch what it does. Swim fish, swim!

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 07:35:42 PM
:lol

hmmmm here's the email I wrote but have yet to send:
Trying to mislead me as to your intentions or possible motives is unwise. I have documented IP addresses from your account that match some of Xazor's IP addresses. Also I notice that you are such an active part of our community that you haven't posted on the forums since August 2003, but not two hours after removing your account's access I get an email complaint. The evidence supporting your case is mighty thin.

Sorry dude. Forget the place and move on is my advice to the both of you.I'll think on your suggestion. :lol

Shawn
May 7th, 2004, 07:55:17 PM
The writing style seems very un-Xaz-like. Mind if I handle the situation? I'm willing to unban the account so long as we have reason to believe that she's not using it (ie, no IP address cross-over). I'm sure it would be perfectly possible for her to continue using it but, as Chris suggested, it would let us keep an eye on her. After all, she could always log out and browse anonymously anyway. At least this way we may get some clues as to who her contacts are.

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 08:01:43 PM
Aww shucks and after I just finished revising my email to read:
You think you were judged unfairly? Let’s see what I can list off the top of my head as some of the criteria for your account’s removal of access.

1. My logs which show matching IPs between your account and Xazor’s account.
2. The fact that over the last three days I have watched (I can see user activity at the IP address level real time) Xazor log into other people’s accounts and access forums she was banned from, including private forums she never had access to in the first place.
3. And what I see as the most compelling in your case. The fact that your account has not made a post on the forums since August 2003, yet less than two hours after removing your account’s access, based on IP evidence not anything you said as you incorrectly assumed, I receive a complaint from you.

As of right now I see nothing that you have said to disprove anything I just said. In fact I see your complaint as nothing more than a futile effort to deceive me.

My suggestion to you and Xaz is to move on, find another outlet for your hobbies/sick pleasures, and forget Meras and SWFans, because the decision has been made and there is no changing it or getting around it.

I find people that invade the privacy of others to be the most despicable human beings to grace the Internet. Xaz has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that she enjoys such behavior and as such deserves every single possible method of her access to our forums and the sharing of the thoughts and writings of those whose privacy she willingly invaded on multiple occasions, be completely removed. Proper moral ethics are a very big deal and will be upheld.Really I don't much like the idea of unbanning the account and giving them any kind of victory, even if it is to possibly be used against them, but if thats your opinion, I'll bite my tongue and let you. Though learning their contacts from Who's Online activity wont be easy.

Shawn
May 7th, 2004, 08:05:30 PM
(raises hands) Just a suggestion. :) Fire away, if you wish. I feel a little bad if that really is her fiancé. But... C'est la vie. Perhaps he deserves it as punishment for his taste in women. ;)

TheHolo.Net
May 7th, 2004, 08:06:56 PM
I'll wait a bit longer for input from others to get more of a consensus of thoughts before I email or unban.

EDIT: And here is the IP match that the accounts share ecen though there are only 3 listed IPs for Myaad Seblatar:

24.159.254.119 (24-159-254-119.jvl.wi.charter.com)

And the only IP for the Myaad account at Meras is a Xazor IP too.

Darth Viscera
May 8th, 2004, 03:46:20 AM
I don't know much about Teleran Balades, aside from the fact that he's apparently a ranking member of ImpSov (going by his access masks). I don't think I've spoken to him much or at all on AIM, so I can't vouch for his character or attest to whether or not he's a Xazor puppet infiltrator guy.

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 07:16:52 AM
There's no doubt, in my mind, that Myaad is Xazor. It's simply too convinient that had we show up again now, after having only made 3 posts previously. He obviously has no interest in the place, and she will have had access to his account to set his sig up I imagine. So yes, it's her.

Teleran? I don't think that's her. Odd that the IPs are so similar, I guess they just live near one another.

imported_Eve
May 8th, 2004, 07:42:54 AM
I say ban the account. The evidence is overwhelming, and this is a privately owned board. Fuck him and her.

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 08:27:13 AM
Okay, I toned the email rely down just a tad and sent it:
You think you were judged unfairly? Let’s see what I can list off the top of my head as some of the criteria for your account’s removal of access.

1. My logs which show matching IPs between your account and Xazor’s account.
2. The fact that over the last three days I have watched (I can see user activity at the IP address level real time) Xazor log into other people’s accounts and access forums she was banned from, including private forums she never had access to in the first place.
3. And what I see as the most compelling in your case. The fact that your account has not made a post on the forums since August 2003, yet less than two hours after removing your account’s access, based on IP evidence not anything you said as you incorrectly assumed, I receive a complaint from you.

As of right now I see nothing that you have said to disprove anything I just said.

My suggestion to you and Xaz is to move on, find another outlet for your hobbies, and forget Meras and SWFans, because the decision has been made and there is no changing it or getting around it.

I find people that invade the privacy of others to be the most despicable human beings to grace the Internet. Xaz has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that she enjoys such behavior and as such deserves every single possible method of her access to our forums and the sharing of the thoughts and writings of those whose privacy she willingly invaded on multiple occasions, be completely removed. Proper moral ethics are a very big deal and will be upheld.Based on our findings the last few days and the incident at Meras, I am starting to believe that it may be possible that our leak in group mods isn't really a leak but may have been similar to the situation at Meras. Xaz accessing an account she had done a sig for or something. It isn't a certainty but is a possibility.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 10:59:33 AM
Who are the mods at TSO? I highly doubt any of the GJO mods would have had her do their sig. . .

I highly doubt it's anyone from my group.

edit: And looking over the TSO mods, it doesn't seem possible that any of them would have given their account PW to her. That still leaves the Shrine as our most likely leak point.

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 11:04:51 AM
(Moderated by: Dark Lord Dyzm, Darth Vader, Gav Mortis, Javus Parr, Lady Vader, Levi Argon, Live Wire, Warlock)

Dyzm, Charley, Dru, Rie, LW and me. Not any of us.

EDIT - Beaten. And yes, the Shrine.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 11:06:49 AM
Well the only thing to do now is to make a character and join the shrine. >_<

edit: Except that infiltrating is wrong. :(

edit: edit: The whole Quay/Natia/Leten/Xazor group was pretty intermingled with PWs being shared between them, but none of them are group mods anywhere. That I know of.

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 12:59:09 PM
Someone who has been around for five years and makes it a habit to get other's PWs could easily have just about anybody on the access list's PW from an old fringe account that had the same PW or something, IMO.

I think I'll start a topic in group mods soon informing people what we know and requiring that they change their PW and reply to the thread. Those that refuse to change their PW or that don't reply to the thread will have their access to the forum removed. And if there really is an individual leak, they'll be put on notice that we are sniffing at their tracks and perhaps it'll scare them into at least stopping.

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 01:18:00 PM
Here is the message I wish to post:
The staff has learned, thanks to Xazor’s affinity for opening her mouth and spouting off to people, that she has had access to information posted only in this forum. Originally the staff thought that one of the group mods with access here was the culprit, copying and pasting posts in this forum into PMs or emails to Xazor, but recent events and after some initial investigation we are led to believe that may not have been the case.

I have decided to go out on a limb and post this message, putting my trust in everyone who has access to this forum and their integrity to keep private forum information private. I could be wrong, if I am I will find out in the future, but for now I am putting my faith in the staffers of the various groups here at SWFans.

This message however does come with a price. Everyone with access to this forum, including me, is required to change their account password, and reply to this thread saying they have done so. We have proven instances of Xazor logging into accounts that are not her own, and feel that this is the most likely cause for information from this forum getting into her hands.

If you refuse to change your PW, or do not reply to this thread after having done so then you will forfeit your access to this forum. A poster who has been around for five years or more that makes it a habit to guess or obtain the PWs of other posters could have anyone’s PW in her possession and thus the reason for my demand.

As I said previously, I am putting my trust in all of you, and hopefully it is well founded and correct. As of right now I feel it is, but if I learn different the consequences will be severe. Sharing information posted in a private forum is in direct violation of our infiltration rules and as such, is about the worst infraction against our rules that exists. Let this be a warning in the case that putting my trust in your integrity is incorrect.

I have changed the PWs of all of my accounts and am now in compliance.

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2004, 01:30:29 PM
Looks sound. Is it only the passwords of the accounts with access to that forum in particular that need to be changed?

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 01:33:24 PM
To retain access to the forum yes, but I recommend people change all their PWs to be safe.

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 01:49:18 PM
And for the admin's reference, here is the list of admin accounts which have access to the forum but are not on the list I posted earlier in this thread:

Darth Rane
Eve
Nupraptor
Ogre
Ogre Mal Pannis
Shawn
sonja
SWFans.Net

Nupraptor
May 8th, 2004, 02:16:00 PM
Not entirely sure this will work, but I doubt we'll be hearing from Xazor again, regardless. Either way, it can't hurt.

TheHolo.Net
May 8th, 2004, 02:19:55 PM
Its less risky then putting my neck out on the line by posting the other message I was considering posting, but yes, it may not help and certainly can't hurt.

Its gets across the message that we know there is some kind of leak, that such activites are wrong, and that we are watching closley. So it could very well be effective no matter the real cause of the leak.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 8th, 2004, 03:29:10 PM
It may stop the leak from leaking further, but it doesn't help us find it. :\