PDA

View Full Version : Is it my comp or ????

Smidget
May 3rd, 2004, 10:44:29 AM
I have been trying all morning to send a Pm to another poster to inquire about the thread they started and can't get it to go through. I've also been trying my hardest to post in a thread, but again, it won't work.

My comp keeps saying the page can't be found. So, when I hit refresh and try again, it still says the same thing. Also, when I try to access the forums, my comp keeps taking me to this stupid lycos search engine saying that it can't find swforums.net.

I'm getting very frustrated with trying to post and access the forums and I'm almost positive its my computer being a tard, so I'm hoping that some help in fixing this may be given. Any help or suggestions is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2004, 10:52:35 AM
All of us are having problems at the moment. Not sure why :\

Sanis Prent
May 3rd, 2004, 10:56:18 AM
It's the Genesis wave.

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 10:56:57 AM
:lol

Good one Sanis :love

Figrin D'an
May 3rd, 2004, 11:01:54 AM
You can probably expect slowdowns around the Net today, and for the next couple of days.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/05/03/sasser.worm.reut/index.html

It targets Windows machines, so things like the board server aren't affected directly, but it is spreading fast, and it'll be enough to cause a noticable slowdown, depending upon what sites you surf.

If you haven't run Windows Update recently, I'd reccomend doing so. Get patched before you get hit. Sasser behaves a lot like MS-Blaster, so if you see strange behavior on you machine that matches the Blaster worm, it might be Sasser instead.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.b.worm.html

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 11:04:24 AM
where does one get a windows update o_O

edit - duh... there' s the link :lol

Smidget
May 3rd, 2004, 11:05:10 AM
Ohhhhh! Ok good and thanks guys :) I was getting nervous that I might have to introduce the hammer to the comp. I'll update my windows after work.

Thanks again :)

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 11:12:46 AM
:cry

it makes no sense how to do this update .. it makes my head hurt :: saves link and waits for the computer expert to come home ::