PDA

View Full Version : padawan classes

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2004, 06:15:31 AM
It's seems a bit pointless having the post for this sticked in the recruitment center, given that the classes themselves are dead. are we going to try and revive them or should I unsticky the topic? :huh

Figrin D'an
May 3rd, 2004, 10:54:15 AM
A while back when we discussed this in Avalon OOC, I said that I was considering writing up a general history/philospohy that every padawan would have to read. Then, I'd just keep a thread going for questions and such. Now, I haven't done much on putting that history together, but I'd certainly still be willing to do so.

The problem with the classes is that they are very high maintanence. Lots of padawans asking questions means lots of posting by the teachers, plus the fact that the same classes would have to be constantly repeated.

As much as it was a worthwhile idea to try, I don't see them really going anywhere. We probably should do another rolecall thread, just to see who is still active, then determine if we need to try something new, or just go back to direct master/apprentice assignment.

Navaria Tarkin
May 3rd, 2004, 11:00:54 AM
As much as it was a worthwhile idea to try, I don't see them really going anywhere. We probably should do another rolecall thread, just to see who is still active, then determine if we need to try something new, or just go back to direct master/apprentice assignment.

Yeah... not a bad idea. I get the feeling there are more kid Padawans then regular ones o_O or am I wrong? Because if that is the case, maybe the Master/padawan thing won't be so bad

Ryla Relvinian
May 3rd, 2004, 11:43:39 PM
Ok, I say new rollcall thread, and also open up self-taught classes. If some Initiates want to run their own thing, or have a Knight teach them a few things, I'd say lets go for it.

Figrin D'an
May 5th, 2004, 09:54:43 PM
A new rollcall thread would also give us the opportunity to get an accurate member list on the website.

Ryla Relvinian
May 6th, 2004, 01:48:43 AM
Yes yes. Good stuff. Shall I just Belete the old one and start a new one? Would a notice across the entire GJO forums work better?

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2004, 09:13:28 AM
Belete? hee...

Annoucement forum wise is good that way no one can miss it :)

Ryla Relvinian
May 6th, 2004, 09:31:48 AM
Thread is up in OOC forum and shall be very helpful, methinks. :)