PDA

View Full Version : Lost, but now Found (council and Sarr Koon

Shade Magus
May 2nd, 2004, 05:08:01 AM
The Jedi walked into the vast Jedi halls, making his way towards the Council chambers. Shade had a rather unique situation on his hands. He had recently been in the training grounds and come across a Kel Dor. Thinking it had been his Padawan Spada, he had moved to go near him, but came to realize that it was Spada, but someone clompletely different. He claimed to be a Padawan of Verse Dawnstriders, and he wouldn't doubt it. Apparently he had gone to the Kel Dor planet Dorin for personal reasons, but now he had returned to become a Jedi. With his Master gone however, he had no idea what was to become of the young Kel Dor. He walked in the middle of the Council room with Sarr next to him, while they waited to be recognized.

Sarr Koon
May 2nd, 2004, 04:25:11 PM
The clawed hands of the Kel Dor were hidden beneath his robes and he stood at the side of Shade Magus before the Jedi Council. He had requested the assistence of Shade in his appearence before the Jedi Council, and Sarr was greatful that the Jedi Knight had aquiesced.

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2004, 04:48:11 PM
"Greetings, Shade Magus." Her eyes drifted to the Padawan that had come into the Council Room with him. "I see you've brought someone with you. One who has been with us before?"

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2004, 04:12:44 PM
Shade bowed to the council member. "It appears so. His name is Sarr Koon. He claims to be a former Padawan of Verse Dawnstrider."

Navaria Tarkin
May 18th, 2004, 04:31:58 PM
"Ah." Her eyes shifted over to Koon, "And where have you been all this time? If I recall correctly, you've been gone for quite a long time."

Sarr Koon
May 18th, 2004, 07:53:38 PM
The Kel Dor shifted his gaze to Navaria. His own eyes were not visible behind his goggles.

"I had important issues to take care of on my home planet of Dorin."

Sarr secretly hoped that these issues would not have to be presented before the Council just yet.

Navaria Tarkin
May 18th, 2004, 07:54:59 PM
"What had happened?" Navaria's voice had become concerned.

Sarr Koon
May 18th, 2004, 11:18:08 PM
"I recieved an urgent message from my home planet and had to leave immediatly. Even though my training as a Jedi had not progressed very far, my people needed me because of my combat skills and my limited knowledge of the Force. They were having trouble with a large group of raiders that were attacking settlements and couldn't pin them down. What else could I do?"

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2004, 11:37:15 PM
Shade stood back letting Sarr tell his story. He could sympathize with the young Kel Dor, but would the Council? That was the question.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 09:55:57 AM
"You were gone for a very long time, Padawan. It took you this long in order to stop the raiders?" There was no judgement in her voice, Navaria wanted to make sure that nothing was amiss with an impressionable Padawan that had been gone away from the Order...

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2004, 10:32:38 AM
Dasquian interjected at this point, “If you had requested it, help would have been given. It is not advisable that you take such tasks into your own hands- especially when your training has yet to reach completion.”

Sarr Koon
May 19th, 2004, 11:39:05 AM
The Kel Dor had expected that this issue would be brought up. Lucky for him, he thought, he had a good answer.

"I knew when I left, that I should have requested permission and aide from the Council. However, I felt a strong sense of duty to my people and thought it best that I act alone. You are aware I am sure of the Kel Dorian trait to see acts as either right or wrong and nothing in between. Also, that a Kel Dor will take decisive action if the situation calls for it. In this situation, I did just that."

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2004, 02:48:37 PM
"But do you understand that when you decided to join the Order you fall within its regulations as well. You should have come before the Council to request permission to leave. I do not dispute your ways, but you must be mindful of what it means to be a Jedi within the Order."

Navaria paused to let her words settle, "Now, I am still curious as to why it took so long to alleviate the raider problem. You did not mention this. Did anything out of the ordinary occur?"

Sarr Koon
May 19th, 2004, 05:48:42 PM
"The problem did not lie in only a few isolated areas. It was spread like a plague over the planet. Apart from traveling around the planet, I also saw to the reconstruction of quite a few of the damages caused. It meant more to me then to just eliminate threat. That accounts for a majority of the time."

Navaria Tarkin
May 20th, 2004, 09:04:56 PM
Navaria understood the reasoning but the Padawan needed to learn that once you step into the life of a Jedi, such recklessness has to be avoided.

She decided to take a difference approach. "If you were in my place, Padawan Koon, how do you think I, as a member of the Council, would feel about your sudden departure without any notification?"

Sarr Koon
May 20th, 2004, 09:30:20 PM
The Kel Dor sighed audibly through his anti-oxygen max and he hardly had to think about the answer he was going to give.

"I can see your point. You would most likely not be particularly pleased. I apologize for my rash decisions."

Navaria Tarkin
May 22nd, 2004, 06:54:06 PM
"But do you understand why we would not be pleased?"

Sarr Koon
May 22nd, 2004, 08:29:40 PM
"Yes. I left without finishing my training and without the Council's approval."

Navaria Tarkin
May 23rd, 2004, 01:08:23 PM
"Precisely. The fact you did not complete your training left you vunerable to the Dark Side and put you in danger. Also, you represent the Jedi Order in everything you do. For good or ill, it reflects upon us all."

She opened herself up to the Force, focusing on Koon's emotions, "With that being said, explain to the Council how you helped to rid your people of the raiders. Please leave nothing out."

Sarr Koon
May 23rd, 2004, 02:28:25 PM
"A good amount of Kel Dorian warriors accompanied me and we went to every spot hit by the raiders. From there, I used what knowledge of the Force I had to track them down. Finding them was hardly any trouble and an assault was made on every group that we found until the problem was eradicated."

Shade Magus
May 23rd, 2004, 02:42:21 PM
Shade was listened to the Padawan's story with increased curiousity. Would it be good enough for the Council? He himself had other questins himself, but would wait until a time when he was asked his opinion.

Navaria Tarkin
May 23rd, 2004, 07:12:35 PM
She had sensed Shade's willingness to speak. "Go on Knight Magus. You had found Padawan Koon and have a right to say what is on your mind."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 06:15:30 PM
Shade bowed to Navaria. "Thank you. Sarr Koon, you say you eradicated these groups causing trouble did you not? My question is eradicated, how? I have no doubts about your knowledge of the Force, but as Navaria said, you are only a Padawan and it left you very vulnerable. I only wish for you to make it clear what your definition of eradication under this topic means."

Sarr Koon
May 26th, 2004, 11:28:40 PM
The Kel Dor turned to face Shade. He was growing rather impatient with all this drilling but kept it well hidden from the minds of Shade and Navaria. Sarr would have to endure all of their question in hopes of recieving forgiveness.

"After tracking them back to their camp, we waited for night to fall and we struck them while they were sleeping. Their sentries were easily dispatched by the skilled Kel Dorian warriors. Once the sentries were taken care off we slipped in and took care of them very efficiently."

Shade Magus
May 26th, 2004, 11:44:40 PM
"So you killed them?"

Sarr Koon
May 27th, 2004, 12:13:51 AM
The Kel Dor stared blankly at Shade from behind his goggles for a few moments.

"Yes...we killed them. "

Shade Magus
May 27th, 2004, 12:16:06 AM
"Was that the only solution?"

Sarr Koon
May 27th, 2004, 12:19:47 AM
Shade had much to learn about Kel Dor and the way they acted. The Kel Dor see issues in black and white and are well known for acting impulsively. They will strive for justice if justice does not come fast enough for their liking.

"After considering what they did to my people and then considering the nature of the Kel Dor, then yes I suppose that would be the only option."

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2004, 12:47:07 PM
This was starting to concern Navaria. "Killing is the only option? You saw nothing else you could have done with the raiders?"

Sarr Koon
May 27th, 2004, 06:02:40 PM
The Kel Dor was beginning to grow angry. Visually, it was all but impossible to tell. However, if his mind was probed carefully enough then the growing anger would be found. Possessing mind reading powers of his own and the ability to interpret basic external stimuli as well as extrasensory input, he would be able to tell immediatly if his mind was being probed.

"The only option in this particular situation. Had the crimes they commited not been so foul then perhaps the Kel Dor would have not taken such extreme measures. I acted purely out of instinct to see that justice was brought swiftly. However, I understand now that my actions were unacceptable to the Jedi Order. Believe me when I say that in the future I will try to lay aside my Kel Dorian traits with the aide of the Force."

Shade Magus
May 27th, 2004, 09:55:47 PM
Shade could sense the Padawan's growing angrer. "I hope you do learn from this Sarr. You aren't the only Kel Dor I know, so I do have some experience with your philosiphies. If you need help just ask, but your judgement will come from the Council and not me."

Sarr Koon
May 27th, 2004, 11:13:04 PM
The Kel Dor nodded graciously to Shade and turned his attention back to Navaria to see what she had to say.

Dasquian Belargic
May 29th, 2004, 09:38:05 AM
Dasquian didn’t need mind probe techniques to sense the Padawan’s anger. He was a trained empathy, and could feel the fluctuates in emotion with almost natural ease.

“This outcome could have been avoided had you requested aide, Sarr. The raiders may have been committing crimes, but that is no reason for them to die – two wrongs do not make a right. You would have been better done to, with help, arrest the men and try to rehabilitate them. Who knows, perhaps some of the raiders did not even wish to be part of the group and were only involved because of feeling pressured to be.

That side... although we have the utmost respect for other cultures and their methodologies, the day you became a Jedi you committed yourself fully to the life. You are a Jedi first, and everything else after. As Shade said, if you do have any questions or future problems, please do not hesitate to ask for answers or advice.”

Sarr Koon
May 29th, 2004, 11:17:26 AM
The Kel Dor turned and listented to Dasquian without interupting. The words the Jedi Knight spoke invoked a sense of doubt within the Padawan. For the first time since it happened, he began to question his course of action and he didn't like that. At the time it seemed like justice was being brought, but now he wasn't so sure. How many lives had he ended with his lightsaber? Sarr didn't want to think about that.

"I assure you that in the future I will seek guidance by the Jedi Council. I see now, with the words that you speak, that my actions were not the right ones."

Navaria Tarkin
May 30th, 2004, 03:41:43 PM
"Good." Navaria agreed with Dasquian and could feel Koon beginning to realize what his actions had caused. "In light of recent events, I suggest staying on Coruscant until you've completed more of your training. Patience is the pathway to the Force, along with a clear and peaceful mind." She also wanted Padawan Koon nearby incase he had trouble dealing with what he had done.

Sarr Koon
May 30th, 2004, 05:46:45 PM
The Kel Dor nodded respectfully to Navaria, his anger now fully dissolved. Replaced by a feeling that could only identify as regret. Now, he had something else to get out of the way.

"Shade has informed me that Verse Dawnstrider is no longer with the Order. This is unfortunate because I was his Apprentice. I am wondering what should be done?"

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2004, 12:39:33 PM
It was regretful that Sarr would have to go through a change of Masters. This was more disrupt to endure, something unfortunate given the circumstances. “Then you must be assigned a new Master.”

His eyes then turned to his fellow Knight.

“Shade, you brought Padawan Koon before the Council – was it your intention to take him as your own student?”

Shade Magus
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:16:06 PM
"I had given it thought, but only if the council agrees to it."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:27:19 PM
"If we agree to such a proposal, would you accept him as your Padawan? You only idicated thought."

Sarr Koon
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:43:09 PM
The Kel Dor listened to the exchanges made between Navaria, Shade, and Dasquian. It would NOT displease him to be the Apprentice of Shade. He was a very apt Jedi Knight and Sarr felt he could learn much from him.

Shade Magus
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:38:51 PM
Shade nodded. "I would."

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:37:14 AM
From what Navaria sensed from Koon, he was not against having Shade as his Master and the Knight was willing. "Then I see no problem with it."

Sarr Koon
Jun 3rd, 2004, 03:44:05 PM
Sarr gave a small inclination of his masked head.

"If there is nothing else, then I shall go."