PDA

View Full Version : A round of drinks... or two... (Zeke & open)

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:19:14 AM
Kack and Zeke entered Yog's and the padawan gave up his weapons as usual.

"Evenin' gentlemen," the padawan said to the bouncers as the Jedi duo walked past.

The two took a seat at a table as the R4 unit rolled over to take their orders.

"Master... you first..."

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:23:09 AM
Zeke turns his pockets inside out, showing no weaponry on his person, then joined Kack at the table.

"Hm. Me? I want a 3 liter of soda. Don't bother with a glass or anything."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:35:17 AM
"Thirsty much?" Kack inquired, laughing.

"I'll have a vodka on the rocks," he said to the R4 unit.

"Oh, and put it on my tab..."

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:42:06 AM
"Meh. I'm not gonna drink it all right away. What's left will go home with me, and I can have it later," Zeke explains.

His eyes wander around the Bar and Grill. Jebus, it's been ages, it feels like.

"Dude, I remember being a Padawan, back when this place was jumpin' every night because we were all bein' crazy and throwin' parties and stuff. Especially when one of us got knighted. Jeez, no one left until the sun started to rise."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:48:21 AM
Kack laughed. "Last time I partied like that was when Dasquian was knighted," the padawan said, reminiscing.

"Wow, that was a long time ago!"

Kack seemed to think for awhile.

"The padawans aren't as close these days..." Kack muttered.

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 01:50:53 AM
"Nah, not really. Everyone's a hero in their own mind, or has their small little group they stick with. We were sorta like that, too, but rather than having just two or three of us, there was...um...Lion, Me, Wei, Dios, Krieger, Tomak...six of us, and then there was also my old master, Maia, who came along to 'keep us out of trouble'...we all knew better though. She loved hanging out with us."

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 01:56:49 AM
"I guess I have friends myself, but we don't hangout as a group. I mean I'm friends with Wei, Corin, Sejah, Xaz, Dae, Lance Stormrider, Alpha, Quay, Das, Rikki, Mylia, and Spada and then some. But most us don't spend time together as a group."

Zeke
May 2nd, 2004, 04:20:09 PM
"Yeah, I know some of them. I've not seen Corin or Lance in ages. Alpha used to come with my bunch on some of our crazy raids, and I did some physical training with Sejah back when we were on Arcan. Dae's a friend of mine, too, but I've not seen her for a long time either."

Drinks arrive on tray, balanced expertly atop the small droid's head. Zeke takes his and unscrews the lid, though he doesn't take a drink just yet.

Kack Mebuff
May 2nd, 2004, 11:04:23 PM
"I haven't seen Lance or Corin in quite some time either. I actually spent some time with Dae rather recently."

Kack took the glass from the R4 unit and thanked the little droid.

"I just wish the Order was more cohesive. We don't work together enough. Too many Jedi have their own agenda these days."

Zeke
May 3rd, 2004, 11:25:15 AM
"Yeah, well. People get busy and turn inwards. Really I think it's just a matter of everyone trying to get themselves up to speed and do more for the Order."

He takes a drink of the soda.

"Rognan, for example, hasn't done much beyond his own group, but what he has done he has done to try and improve himself and the Order. He may not be as social as I'd like, but he's trying hard."

Kack Mebuff
May 3rd, 2004, 12:21:13 PM
"Rognan's still pretty social. And he is very active in bettering himself and the Order. I definitely see him around though. He is also one of my closer friends."

Zeke
May 5th, 2004, 09:27:03 AM
"Good. You should be, seeing as he's your training partner."

He takes another drink.

"So what would you do to fix all this?"

Kack Mebuff
May 5th, 2004, 05:08:44 PM
"Excuse me? My training partner?" Kack inquired.

"I'm not quite sure... we need to find a way to band the Jedi together. Somehow get them to work as a unit. Perhaps we should go back to the Council assigning missions like they did while the Old Republic still stood."

Zeke
May 6th, 2004, 03:53:49 PM
"Yeah, he's your fellow Padawan, and thus he's your training partner," Zeke clarifies. "The council gets enough worries and concerns shoved upon them without having to try and organize Jedi unity. What I would do, and what I did do, up until I was knighted, would be to introduce my friends who have not met each other. So, for example, I'd be hanging out with Dae and go 'Hey, did you meet Rognan Dar?' and she'd be all 'No', and I'd introduce them both. That's two people who didn't care or know about each other that've met. And if we keep on, then eventually we can connect all kinds of people, and everyone knows everyone, even if it's just a name and a face."

Kack Mebuff
May 6th, 2004, 05:49:19 PM
"That is an excellent idea! Perhaps some sort of get-together is in order. Introduce my companions. I could have a little something for my two-year anniversary. That's coming up!"

Zeke
May 9th, 2004, 10:08:25 PM
"Cool. I, unfortunately, won't be there for it. After we finish your last bit of training I'm obligated to go with the Happy Child again. You've got the means to contact me while I'm there, right?"

Kack Mebuff
May 9th, 2004, 11:01:44 PM
"Actually, I don't! I don't even have a comm unit number to contact you at!" Kack said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You'll have to give that to me before you leave..."

Zeke
May 13th, 2004, 10:29:32 PM
Zeke manages to dig a pencil out of his pockets and snags a napkin off the table. He scribbles on it and then pushes it across the table to Kack.

"That's the number and extension for my quarters and the address for my message box on the net. All ya gotta do is send a message over. Remember to put in the extension at the same time as the rest of the number, or you'll get the bridge and Dad will cut you off."

Kack Mebuff
May 16th, 2004, 12:35:16 AM
"Thank you very much, Master," Kack said running his fingers over the napkins indentations.

"I'll make sure I punch it in right. Hopefully, I won't run into any trouble."

Zeke
May 19th, 2004, 10:52:06 AM
"If you do, just try again. Pops is twitchy about people callin' the bridge since that's where all his business is run from."

He takes a long pull from the soda bottle and sighs.

"I already asked you about your love life earlier. I don't recall if you gave me a name for this girl you mentioned. Who is she?"

Kack Mebuff
May 20th, 2004, 09:34:05 PM
Kack seemed a bit surprised.

"Ah, her name is Rikki Van-Warren. She's one of Master Gyndar's padawans. I helped her through a bit of a tough time. She's such a nice girl."

Zeke
May 21st, 2004, 07:24:30 PM
"Hm. Don't know her."

Zeke was kind of hoping he would know this girl, so he could heckle them both as is his wont. Turns out he can only heckle Kack.

"So what, you two go on walks in the moonlight and eat dinner by candle light?"

Kack Mebuff
May 24th, 2004, 09:37:02 PM
Kack laughed heartily.

"We haven't even gone on a date, yet. I just like the girl. I was thinking about asking her out later this week..."

Zeke
May 27th, 2004, 02:54:21 PM
"Jeez, you're slow to start. If it was me I'd have bailed on you as soon as I'd been dismissed to go take her to dinner." Zeke doesn't mention that there'd be much hesitating and dithering and pondering outside her door first, though. "You gotta hop to before someone beats you to her."

Kack Mebuff
May 27th, 2004, 08:47:23 PM
Kack nodded with a slight smirk.

"I've had a rough time with relationships. I've got 'Father Issues,' which have caused me to have some relationship and trust issues. I have some fear of being abandoned. My problems with Dasquian have not helped the issue. Nor has my on and off relationship with little Miss Daetana Jinn."

He paused for a moment.

"So I'm a bit hesitant to jump into relationships."

Zeke
May 29th, 2004, 07:55:51 PM
"Relationship? It's just a date. Relationships come later, after you've charmed her and won her heart. All you do is go to her door when you know she'll be there and knock, then she opens it, and you go something like 'Hey, I was gonna go get some dinner, would you like to join me?', and then she'd be like 'sure', then you'd come down here and have dinner. Simple simple."

Kack Mebuff
May 31st, 2004, 09:26:46 PM
Kack laughed again.

"Alright... alright... I get the point..."

The padawan thought for a moment then came to a realization.

"Wait! You do know Rikki! She went with us to Naboo to deal with the Red Saber!"

Zeke
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:27:22 PM
Zeke gives Kack a deer-in-the-headlights look as he takes another drink.

"I do?" He pauses, thinking, then snaps his fingers and points at Kack as he recalls. "Yeah! Bathroom girl!"