PDA

View Full Version : You're the One that I Want

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2004, 07:17:54 PM
Navaria had returned to her quarters from a meeting with the delegation from Fondor. With a new shipyard being discussed, they wanted extra protection so there wouldn't be any sabotage. With this day and age, such a problem was more then guaranteed. The meeting didn't last long. Navaria only needed their request in writing and what they specifically wanted before bringing it before the Council and New Republic, which she already did.

Now she could move onto more personal matters that needed attention. Things were not, and have not been right between her and Sanis for a very long time. He was looking for commitment in a way that Navaria was never ready for, but still they remained together, though the Jedi knew the frustration was there. Sanis being a smuggler was part of the reason she never completely opened up to him. It was vain, yes, but other Jedi looked at her differently when they learned of their romance. In the end, she didn't care. There were worse things a Jedi could fall in love with besides a smuggler...

Then Dalethria came into the picture and caused terrible head trauma that made Navaria suffer complete amneisa. Sanis was one of the first people to recognize her. And what did he find, a stranger. Frustration grew and away he went to sort out his feelings, wondering if this was the last nail in the coffin to this relationship. He did return briefly to Coruscant to check up on her. He was relieved that she was progressing well and beginning to remember things. Like for instance, him. But it was starting from scratch again, and this would be the third time he would have had to do this. Her healing just wasn't fast enough and so he left ... again.

Not too long after his departure, Navaria was healed with the aid of a fellow Jedi who became a dear friend. If Estelle Russard had not been there to help, she wondered how much longer it would have taken for the memories to return. Now, it had been a month since she had last seen Sanis and everyday Navaria debated with herself if she should contact him or not, and everyday she stalled. It was only until a former student of her's had gently knocked some sense into her during lunch ealier today that she was sitting at her desk, calling up her computer to use all of the known frequencies that Sanis had given her to send a communication to 'The Layla'. The only thought that troubled her was when Sanis noticed the source of the transmission, would he pick up?

Sanis Prent
May 1st, 2004, 07:38:51 PM
<center>Somewhere between Ryloth and Coruscant...</center>

"Sanis, there is an incoming message. Should I put it through?"

The MARCUS module skittered into the Layla's pilot house from the access port by the wall.

"Who's it from?"

I blinked sleep out of my eyes as I watched the starstreaks of hyperspace fly by.

"It appears to be from Navaria." Despite the droid's dry demeanor, it was enough to cause a small inflection of suprise in it's voice modulator.

I turned around in my seat, looking at MARCUS fully.

"Did she remember my favorite color?" I asked in spite.

"I do believe it would be quite inappropriate for me to ask such a question." MARCUS prattled in his "by-the-book" tone.

"I don't want to talk to her right now."

It was a lie, but a lie for my own protection. I absolutely couldn't stand to see her right now, when it seemed like her entire past was cut out of her head like a clipped coupon. It was like she was dead and alive at the same time, and as much as I didn't want to talk about it, it was breaking my heart.

"Shall I end the transmission link?" MARCUS queried.

I sat in silence for a moment, and took a deep drink from my hip flask.

"No. Just...tell her I'm busy. Have her record a voice message or something. I can't talk to her."

And at this moment, I couldn't even look MARCUS in the "eyes". Denial made for a comfortable doghouse.

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2004, 07:59:41 PM
Her index finger repeatedly tapped at her desk, waiting for the call to go through. She felt like a whole hour had passed but the chronometer said only three more minutes had passed. Which was eight minutes total she had been waiting.

Transmission Accepted

She shot up in the chair in anticipation to see ... MARCUS. The droid watched her hopeful face turn sour. "Hello MARCUS. Long time no see." Her eyes were trying to look passed the droid but it was covering most of the screen. "Is Sanis there?"

No. I'm afraid he isn't here right now. He's busy. May I take a message?

Navaria visibly sighed in disappointment. Just her luck he wasn't there. "Do you know when he'll be back?"

I'm afraid not. He didn't tell me when he'd be back when he left.

"Very well. Tell him..." she stopped herself wondering what to say. There were those long winded explanatory messages. MARCUS could easily remember every word she said, but those messages tend to clutter the important part of the message and it gets lost between all those words.

"Tell Sanis I love him and that my memory has returned." A sad smile came, which was reflected within her voice, "I'd like to see him if possible so we can talk. We have a lot to talk about." So there it was. She finally initiated contact this time around and hopefully that, and her message, would at least let Sanis think about seeing her again. It was what her heart wanted, but she was forced to admit that perhaps the damage was already done.

Sanis Prent
May 2nd, 2004, 09:19:48 AM
Of course, I was there the whole time to watch the holo. After it was over, I just sat staring at the floor.

"MARCUS, when are we scheduled to land on Coruscant."

The droid didn't miss a beat. "In two hours, six minutes, and seventeen seconds. Shall I inform Mr. Drylek that you will be unfortunately delayed until some time tomorrow?"

MARCUS's seditious suggestion caused a small smile on my face.

"You read my mind for once."

"Actually, I ran a statistical regression analysis based upon the variables of favorable encounters with Navaria as opposed to the independent variable of..."

"MARCUS?"

"Yes, Sanis?"

"Shut up."

"But of course."

Navaria Tarkin
May 2nd, 2004, 05:49:08 PM
Three hours had gone by since Navaria had left word with MARCUS and so far there was no contact from Sanis. The waiting was grating but she might not hear from him for days, weeks ... possibly never. Thankfully she was disciplined enough to not let the worry effect her work; course being bogged down in meetings and training sessions helped to keep her mind well distracted.

Currently Navaria had just returned to the Temple after having dinner at the infamous Yog's. Her nose was buried in a datapad trying to understand certain projections and numbers the New Republic had sent her about the yard construction around Fondor. As focused as she was, the Knight made certain to not accidently bump into anyone and greet her comrades in return with a smile.

The Jedi wished that her sincerity wasn't feigned.

Sanis Prent
May 2nd, 2004, 06:09:13 PM
The Coruscant weathernets were currently set on "total deluge" when the Layla touched down at the landing facilities near the Jedi Temple. I drew a few odd looks from various Jedi who were crazy enough to brave the awful weather on the tarmac. The rain belted me, drenching my hair and clothes as I walked inside. Once there, I made a beeline for Nav's quarters.

I finally stopped dripping as I arrived at the turbolift on the second floor. I pressed the button, and waited for it to arrive.

Navaria Tarkin
May 2nd, 2004, 06:20:12 PM
The idea of tea along with some soothing music seemed like a good idea as Navaria waited inside the lift. She needed to meditate to try and remove any thoughts of Sanis out of her mind.

She felt the lift begin to slow and eventually come to a halt. Once the doors swooshed opened, Navaria gasped in shock and dropped the datapad she was holding. Her eyes had to be deceiving her because there was a soaking wet Sanis Prent on the other side of the door.

"Sanis???" It went without saying that she was surprised and Navaria stood frozen in place.

Sanis Prent
May 2nd, 2004, 06:31:24 PM
I held up my hand before she could say anything else.

"Wait."

I then held the door open as I talked to her.

"Before we say anything, I just want to be sure. The trip to Ogden V, the one where I ran out of fuel. We sat there dead in space for six hours. I promised to take you through the Amethyst nebula to watch the cloudbursts. What did you promise me?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 2nd, 2004, 06:43:08 PM
She let him speak. Sanis had a right to ask anything of her so he would be certain and Navaria knew what he spoke of. She really wanted to see those cloudbursts too.

"I promised that no matter what happened, I would never let the fact that I was a Jedi and you were a ..." She paused to put emphasis on the next word, "Scoundrel interfere in our relationship." He looked disappointed at that answer, but she just smiled. He was becoming blurry, and Navaria blinked back tears as she raised her hand to hold up two fingers, "Second thing I promised was that I would always love you."

Sanis Prent
May 2nd, 2004, 07:13:46 PM
It was exactly like it happened. The wave of gratification washed over me in an instant. It made me lose my voice for a moment, which I quickly recovered.

"I don't know what I have to give to you. I'm rich one day, broke the next. I can't live a 9-to-5 life. I've seen the way other Jedi look at you and me, like nobody knows if we're coming or going.

All I can do is give you the Amethyst nebula, all the stars in the sky, and love you till the day I die."

Navaria Tarkin
May 2nd, 2004, 08:27:15 PM
She choked back a sob, "We've already been through this."

Navaria grabbed his hand that was holding the lift opened and pulled Sanis inside. "You know all I want is you and everything that goes with it," she laughed out of joy, feeling relieved as the nervousness left her body. The doors closed and the lift began to ascend once more.

Sanis Prent
May 11th, 2004, 01:40:38 PM
Part of me was angry and confused. I wanted to give her the third degree, open her up and dig out the answers to all the questions I'd racked up in the past few years. I stopped myself as the doors closed, and Navaria took me in her accepting arms.

She probably had just as many questions for me. We were working on the same puzzle, but with different pieces and at present, just starting to make them all fit. All my frustration and doubt was beginning to wash away, as the lift moved skyward.

My fingers laced through her wavy brunette hair, as I leaned down to kiss her.

Navaria Tarkin
May 11th, 2004, 09:43:30 PM
Navaria knew that Sanis had a million questions running through his head. She could feel his conflict, that part of him that still wanted to be standing in the middle of that door lift until things were settled between the two of them. There was time for that later. All the Jedi wanted right now was to begin to make up for all their lost time. Amnesia, her work, his work... it added up considerably.

She watched the last of Sanis' struggle leave as he relaxed within her arms. Navaria took a moment to brush her hands lightly through his now unkempt wet hair, before letting them fall to his shoulders when their lips met. They were both unsure at first, trying to return to a past familiarity. Endless months without him quickly pushed aside such timidness and she pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. Her mind touched his through the Force, establishing their old link easily. Every ounce of passion, sorrow, love and regret she had ever felt was passed through them. There was so much she had wanted to say but in the end, showing Sanis meant so much more....

Sanis Prent
May 12th, 2004, 12:30:12 PM
We were intertwined. Hands, hair, lips, and hearts. As the lift arrived at its destination, we traveled without moving, our feet putting themselves in front of the other while we remained in the moment. I never heard the doors open to the lift or to her quarters. I only had enough attention for her.

Our eyes adjusted to the dark of the room, and we didn't reach for a light. I could see the faintest reflection of the cityscape through the window, reflected in her big eyes. Once again, I could hear her inside of me, and now I knew the answer to every question I'd never asked.

The door closed behind us, and we were alone in the dark with our repressed and hidden desires. Whether it was the cold of the room, the damp of my clothes, or the sudden emotion of the situation, I shivered slightly, pressing myself tightly against her. Navaria, my shelter. The one person I had nothing to prove to, and like an idiot, asked her to prove it all to me. There was no more time for questions or answers. There was only this moment.

Navaria Tarkin
May 12th, 2004, 01:01:08 PM
His body pressed against her tightly as Sanis shivered almost violently within her arms. Navaria knew it was just his body reacting to the moment and from the damp clothes that clung to his body.

You're cold... Her voice was husky, and he felt her hands slip underneath his jacket, pushing it off his shoulders. She heard it hit the floor and coaxed Sanis to follow her by pulling at his shirt, working at the buttons. There was no hesitation in her face. The way that Navaria was gazing at him, Sanis knew that after three years of waiting ... she was ready to giver herself to him.