PDA

View Full Version : Nar Shadaa by night (Dan and open)

Syriande Blue
May 1st, 2004, 06:40:51 PM
It was interesting what one could get away with on Nar Shadaa, even the slime ball cops could be payed off and bent 3 ways to sunday. On one side you have thos guys who import drugs, weapons and go knows what else that made the planet what it is today and then on the other hand well, you got Blue.

Blue, Syriande that is, was the kinda buy that would be so close, so many times, a knifes edge, to making it big and then suddenly it would be stuffed up more times that a celebration dinner bird around a supper table.

It was just the way it was.

Syriande and his crew were not poor, but they wernt exsactly the creme de la creme of the smuggerling game ether, infact far from it. They were the sorta' guys that Sanis Prent, Arya and Troy would laugh at consistantly because they were sucsessfull and the Blue Crew were not.

Every job Blue would say to them ' You know one day guys, one day we will be in the big time' unfortunetly he'd been saying that for the last 7 years and they had been on the point of doing it so many times not one of them had given up hope.

This day however, and lets face it, would be no different than the last 7 years in a row, it would be another fools game.

' How much?!' Blue said outraged, his tricorne hat nearly slipping off his head ' You want 7.000 a pop for eatch speeder?'

' Their top of the range!' The dealer screeched, every kinda oil you could imagine lined his face, he was short, tubby and had the vice that you just loved to hat, weasily.

' I couldent care less if they were top of your damn-'

'Gentleman, BoSS!' Called Glunk, one of Crews more numb minded crew members, or seemed like that, there was more to Glunk that met the eye.

' Glunk, bugger off im making a deal...7.000 thow a speeder you must be-'

' But BoSS! there is a man on the Pintas transpitter Comm, he looks ugly!' The Pintas was the crews YV-666, a dirty old heap that sat motionless in the darkned shipyard on one of Nar Shadaas ship stations within the city.

' Gimme' one moment Ron, okay?' The Speeder dealer nodded reluctently ' Alright Glunk ima' commin'

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 07:03:40 PM
"Seven thousand?"

Dan asked, admiring the speeder's contours.

"Y-yes. They're top of the line." The dealer spoke, still a bit naffed about the previous exchange.

"Well, I wouldn't call it a bargain, but I suppose it'll do just fine."

Dan patted the salesman on the shoulder, and closed distance, whispering.

"Now, just between us, could you throw in a free keychain? You know, to sweeten the deal?"

The dealer looked at Dan incredulously, as if it was the most stupid thing he had heard all day. "Okay."

Dan backed off, smiling.

"Great. Now it's a deal."

Notorizing a credit chit, Dan tossed it to the salesman, who fumbled it with nervous hands.

"Do I need to...sign anything?"

Syriande Blue
May 1st, 2004, 07:15:16 PM
'Gentleman!' Boombed a man, another one of Blues crew but this guy was much different than the tubby Glunk. This guy was standing at around seven feet tall and built like a bantha, tatoos lined his arms and a bolt was shoved awkwardly through his nose.

His name was Bubbles or his nickname was, he was the weapons operator aboard the Pintas and good friend of Blues, when you needed a big guy in a jam Bubbles was the guy to have, his muscels rolled across his body like a tonn of durasteele. ' Yo, Syriande. Some old bastard is nicking our trade, you want me to blow a few in his belly?'

Bubbles was perposly yelling and in full hearing distance of Dan, Bubbles did not care, a repeater was hanging from his shoulder and if it got up close and personal the old man would be a heap within moments, he was no match for him.

He cracked his knuckles hidiously before addressing Dan himself after Syriande did not answer, clearly busy upstairs in the cockpit.

' Oi, wise guy, what you doing with our trade? you pushing your luck or what?' When Bubbles said this Glunk and Linton, the Pintas helmsman flanked Bubbles as if to help him. ' Well?'

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 07:23:31 PM
Dan turned around, and looked up at the large man, addressing him as calmly as if he'd asked for change.

"I was under the impression that no deal was made. Am I mistaken in this?"

Syriande Blue
May 1st, 2004, 07:28:52 PM
' You taking the pis?' Bubbles said folding his arms across his chest. Glunk went to say something then made not to and fell back behind Bubbles again.

'Of course we are here to make an exchange you old bastard, what do think we are doing shooting some pool and drinking cocktails?' Bubbles voice was growing steadily louder and Linton and Glunk knew better than to hold him back.

Dan the Man
May 1st, 2004, 07:43:09 PM
"That's why you are here, but as you can see, no deal was made."

Dan paused, seeming to make a contemplative face.

"That being said, the speeder is now in my posession. Furthermore, it just so happens that I myself am particuarly fond of deals."

With that, Dan smiled politely.

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 06:10:56 AM
A repeater rifle was then raised by Bubbles' hip, it was pointing right at the big mans promiced place, the belly. Bubbles was not into games, you could see that in his sheer size.' I have a better idea, how about you give us the speeders and we will let you be on your way?'

' Bubbles, me dont like this, me think this man is hard nut' Glunk said moving further behind the shadow of Bubbles and his repeater. Linton went unsaid.

' I personaly think thats a better deal, aint' it lads?'

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 08:47:13 AM
Dan's smile faded slowly.

"If you're interested in haggling on the price, I'd be much more receptive to speaking to your boss, instead of being threatened.

I am not entirely unreasonable."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 11:12:36 AM
' Oh we're interested in haggerling a price...' Came a voice from the loading ramp of the YV-666 Pintas. Walking down the ramp was none other than Gentleman Syriande Blue and esscentric as he was he stepped onto the ground with a swagger, projecting, or trying to, confedence.

' But from Ron, not you, sir...' Blue said walking up to Bubbles and pushing the repeaters barrel back down, Blue was the only who could persuade Bubbles.

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 11:22:59 AM
"Well that's no longer an option." Dan said flatly.

"However, I am more than receptive to haggling. Feel free to make your best offer."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 11:24:47 AM
' 20.000 thow, the lot...' Blue said flatly.

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 11:29:59 AM
Dan shook his head.

"No, I don't think so. However, I will make a counter-proposal."

He raised a hand slowly, and extended his index finger upwards.

"One credit. From each of you, of course. After all, it's a matching set."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 11:32:10 AM
' You want nine credits? one from each of us?' Linton and Bubbles smiled and Glunk still hiding away went silent.

Walking foward slightly so that he was a few paces ahead of Bubbles, Blue canted his head slighty.

' This some kind of joke?'

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 11:34:06 AM
"Oh I never joke. Lousy sense of humor & all. Consider it a discount. It's the least I can do for Syriande Blue."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 01:01:20 PM
Blue was still thinking on this, Dan buying the speeders for seven grand a pop and then selling the lot for nine credits was a dream come true but Blue was used to falling down when some geezer at the top was holding the rope and this rope was greasy.

' You know, my mother alway used to have a saying, bless her soul' He said clasping his hands behind his back. ' If a deal sounds to good to be true, it nearly often is, whats the catch?

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 01:03:32 PM
"You're absolutely right. There is always a catch. In this case, it is the chance to speak to my competition."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 01:06:42 PM
' Competition? ' Blue chuckled lightly to himself before returning his gaze to Dan, his smile edged to the right. ' Have you seen that rust bucket back there? The Pintas? im hardly rich enough to be classified as competition, old man.'

The Pintas let out a embarassed jet of steam from its lower engine.

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 01:08:09 PM
"Well, I never commented on the strength of said competition."

Dan glanced to the speeder, and back to Syriande.

"However, we do seem to find ourselves in the same line of business."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 01:13:03 PM
' What exsactly do you want, chum?' Bubbles piped up and funny enough that was Blues next question Turning back to Dan he awaited the answer. ' Because lets face it, your not here to give us flowers and candy are you?'

Dan the Man
May 2nd, 2004, 01:14:47 PM
"No."

Dan smiled at the comment.

"I'm not exactly the flowers and candy type, I suppose.

What do I want? Well, the same thing that you want. To make exorbitant amounts of money and to become rich as quickly as possible."

Syriande Blue
May 2nd, 2004, 01:19:27 PM
Blue was getting slighty tired of the roundabout they were in, it seemd the old boy was going to describe his position as infrequently as possible while Blues crew stood in confusement.

' What do you wish to speak to my crew and i about?

Dan the Man
May 16th, 2004, 09:26:59 PM
Dan smiled politely, glancing to either side.

"Perhaps we can go somewhere a little more private to discuss that."

Syriande Blue
May 19th, 2004, 08:11:47 PM
Blue nodded.

' Come with me, we can have a drink in the mess while my men take care of outstanding cargo, boys, get that crap onto the Pintas and take your time, me and this gentleman here have things to discuss.'

' But Gentleman' Bubbles started but Blue held up a hand

' Do what i asked Bubbles, okay?'

Gesturing towards the gang ramp he started up into the Pintas assuming the man was following.

Dan the Man
Jun 1st, 2004, 03:15:23 PM
Dan followed Syriande up the ramp and into his ship. He spent a moment to take it all in while his host was busy with the drinks.

"You have any tequila? I'll take it neat if you do."

Continuing looking about, Dan occasionally ran a hand along a bulkhead.

"Corellian freighter. Believe it or not, used to work on one myself."

Syriande Blue
Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:40:33 PM
' Clearly you worked on one in better shape!' The Pirate said banging the kitchen cuboard closed which just squeeked open yet again, this time Blue kicked it and the door fell from its hinges, he gave up with a sigh and brought two glasses in, one of Dan's choice and the other of Rodian Red, a dry red wine.

Blue passed Dan his beverage and took a sip of his own, leaning against the steel of the ship. Dan was something a little more than just your average guy on a nights dealership with the speeder market.

Blue could feel it, h'ed seen enough dogs of the criminal underworld to not know one when he saw one.

Takes one to know one, right?

' Your more than just a speeder enthusiast i take it?' Syriande said gesturing with his glass towards Dan.

Dan the Man
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:28:45 PM
"I'd say you're more or less on the mark about the speeders."

Dan took the glass that Blue offered, and sniffed lightly at its citrus bouquet.

"But I assure you that my freighter was in an equal state of disrepair."

Syriande Blue
Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:31:49 AM
'I can assure you that this hunk of junk is far beyond its check at the local space port, hell i dont think a techy has touched this thing is 5 years, we just have a supperb pilot' Blue said gesturning Dan towards a seat as Blue took his own.

' So what line of work are you in? oh and my names Blue, Syriande Blue' The priate said offering Dan and hand to shake.

Dan the Man
Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:34:02 AM
Dan accepted Blue's handshake firmly.

"The name's Dan. I'm a killer."

Syriande Blue
Jun 7th, 2004, 11:57:50 AM
Blue spat up a mouthfull of his Rodian Red which barely missed Dan by a few inches. What a way to introduce yourself on board someone else's ship. it took a few moments for Blue to stop coughing before he looking back up at Dan, gasping for breath.

' Er...Yes, yes do you kill much? He asked supidly now rearlizing perhaps inviting the old man on board to be a stupid, stupid idea.

Dan the Man
Jun 7th, 2004, 12:31:12 PM
"As much as anyone works in their profession, I suppose."

With that, Dan tilted back the drink.

Syriande Blue
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:22:55 PM
Wiping the spilled wine with the cuff of his jacket Syriande kept wide eyed on the man infront of his sure in the knowlege he had wished he had brought Bubbles on board. Or even Glunk the damn Rodian.

' An-an-and er you dont mean to er perform your profession with me i hope? If not, speak your mind and be well, tell me what er what you need?' Syriande figited wth his mask to cover his brow a little more and took a further sip of the red stuff.

Dan the Man
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:40:20 PM
"That's a bit rash." Dan said evenly, tipping his drink back again.

"I'd prefer to keep it to conversation, all the same. If that's what you're interested in, then I'd say everything's just capital."

Dan reached into his jacket slowly, but noticed it caused some bit of discomfort on Blue's face.

"I'm sorry. Do you mind if I roll a smoke?"

Syriande Blue
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:41:00 PM
Seeing as though if he said no he might have his head blown off.

' Er no, no not at all...' Blue waved a dismissive hand. ' I find passive smoking rather relaxing to be honest ' Blue lied looking through his pockets illusivly for a hankerchief.

' So whats the deal?'

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:26:38 PM
"The deal is, I'd like to buy you out."

Dan worked meticulously, arranging smokebrush in a line down a paper square.

"Your outfit, your ship, the whole shebang. We seem to be in the same business, and I think we'd all be better off working together."

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:39:11 PM
Blue chuckled to himself for a few moments while Dans face was strait as a die. This was quite a deal and he couldent make it without the agreement of the rest of the group, but for the moment, just for the moment he would ammuse Dan.

' How much? Blue simply asked.

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:50:58 PM
"Fifty thousand a month for you, thirty for the rest."

Dan ran the tip of his tongue lightly across the adhesive edge of his cigarette, rolling it up completely.

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:57:26 PM
' sixty five thousand for me and forty five for them...' Blue said strait faced. He would play the game for a few moments see what he could get. The price was concideribly better than what he was getting now but the more the better, he wouldent let on that he was making far less.

' And who exsactly is it im working for?'

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:00:19 PM
"You're working for Black Sun. I'd suggest you take the offered price. Its the closest thing to job security you'll find in this line of work."

Dan finished by lighting his smoke, and flipping his ornate lighter shut with a snap of the wrist.

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:03:12 PM
' Poppycock, the Black Sun is a blatent rumour, you wish for me to agree to fly for some long dead orginization? No sir, no thank you.' He shook his head and filled both their glasses back to the brim.

' And even if you were telling the truth, which you are not, the price would not be worth the hassle with the reputation and danger it would bring.'

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:07:09 PM
"I admire your skepticism."

Dan half smiled. It wasn't much consolation.

"Fifty-five for you. Forty for your men. I don't give two dren piles if you doubt who you're working for, but money still tells the truth."

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:17:22 PM
' Language...' Blue said towards Dan's profanity. The discussion, in Blue's eyes really didnt require swearing. It was a deal not a argument and he, Blue, did not want anything to get out of hand.

' Say i do, just say we agree to this proposal and we start work, what jobs are we likely to go on Mr.Dan? We here are thieves and transporters, we dont fight unless we have to and we dont like to fight ether.' Blue was now deadly serious, every inch of ammusing himself had vanished.

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:19:47 PM
"I know your trade. I don't use a spoon when I need a fork. You'll be running more of the same, under Black Sun's control."

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:21:29 PM
' And we will be running under your voice or another?

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:22:30 PM
"Until things change, you'll work for me. Black Sun is divided up among twelve ruling bosses called Vigos. You're looking at one."

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:26:48 PM
' I see...'

He sipped the Rodian Red gently and placed the glass back on the table. it was an excellent proposal, but being under someones thumb was not exsactly interesting to Syriande and his crew, it would need thought.

' Your one of the big guns eh? I've seen some big guns in my time also, a new guy by the name of The Meat King Hired me just last week, you dont mess with him or your leg ends up in a meat grinder and sold at market...'

' I've worked with some pushy bastards in my time, i dont enjoy being pushed about or ordered, or unappriciated ether, so if this does go ahead, a muteral respect is needed, perticulery if we will be face to face often.'

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:29:55 PM
"Worry about working for me. Leave worrying about the Meat King to myself."

Dan paused, flicking ash into a tray.

"As far as respect is concerned, I give what is given. That's the only guarantee I can offer you."

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:42:23 PM
Blue sighed gently.

' BOYS!' Blue said but no answer came, even after a few moments. ' Hold on, let me go get them, no touching anything, not that you would the place is a complete crap hole...'

Blue left for a few moments, after some muffled shouting and the trample of ten pairs of feet, the crew of ten huddled into the small mess and pulled tables and chairs together to make a short confrence table.Some staired at Dan suspiciously, some with admiration for standing up to Bubbles. After the murmering had stopped and Blue silenced the scuffing of chairs, Blue started.

' Dan ere' has a proposal that's much better than we have now with Lemmens, same deal - we transport crap, thats it. We smuggle, we steal we do our stuff. Our job. Diffrence is we get payed 20 thousand more than with Lemmens.'

The whispers started but Blue raised a hand.

' Theres a Catch'

'Wuts that Gentleman BoSS?!' Glunk said and like a tennis match the crew followed the speakers.

' Its for The Black Sun-'

'Bollocks, this Dan whats-his-face is taking you for a fool, Gentleman, you listen to him? The Black Suns been dead for years!' Said bubbles angrily.

Dan the Man
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:51:44 PM
"If any of you doubt me enough to take issue about it, I'm perfectly willing to settle the disagreement old-fashioned style."

Dan continued to smoke his cigarette. He let his sentence linger like the smoke. He didn't mind being called a liar, but there was a price tag involved in giving him such a title.

Syriande Blue
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:15:02 PM
' Bubbles, dont you dare!' Blue said eyeing the big man head for his gun. ' Do thant and ill whack you myself' At this Bubbles calmed and sat again, his face red as a Naboo fruit. Blue looked around the rest of the party but none disagreed nor agreed.

' Tell them the details, Dan' Blue said sipping his Red ' You at least owe them that to juge you.'

Dan the Man
Sep 9th, 2004, 10:20:15 PM
"Same job. Better pay. Steady work. The only real difference is that you're working on my terms, and for me only."

Dan smiled at Bubbles with a stimulated curiosity, wondering what it would take to push him over the edge. He quickly set the thought aside.

"Black Sun's the closest thing you're going to find to job security in your line of work. Especially on Coruscant. Whether you believe it or not, we own this racket."

Syriande Blue
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:19:03 AM
'And if we refuse?' Blue said steadily.